Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 08:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
And it's not by accident. They planned it for you.

"A Clinton campaign email released as part of the Wikileaks data dump earlier today talks about the need to maintain political power by producing 'an unaware and compliant citizenry'. The email was sent to Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta by former Clinton administration official Bill Ivey on March 13, 2016: “And as I’ve mentioned, we’ve all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry,” he writes."

Clinton Campaign Email Outlines Effort "To Produce an Unaware and Compliant Citizenry" » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

So we're the Deplorables and The Irredeemables but you guys are the trained seals. That's what they really think about you. They CONSPIRED to make you that way.
Yeah, they forced Trump to insult:

Mexicans, Women, Handicapped people, Muslims, more Muslims, a Gold Star Family.

They blackmailed him to:

Incite violence, brag about groping women, thank Howard Stern for calling his daughter a "hot piece of ass", Use campaign money to pay for his businesses.

Seems the sheeple meme is on the other foot.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
No, that's not the original. It's here:

And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599
When you read the entire e-mail, did you think about what it was saying?

Of did you just jump on one sentence, out of context, and run with it?

Because I think the people actually thinking about what the writer meant are the people who consider context and the big picture.

And I think the people who just jump on one sentence and then run with it, are the sheeple running over the edge of the cliff.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:42 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
If you read the entire email you will find that he's talking about the GOP voting block. ....
I think he's looking at a fraction of the GOP voting block. There is a chunk of the GOP voting block that support the prior years' GOP idealogy, such as christian conservatives. I think this is how the GOP is starting to split apart...the Trump supporting group and the old-fashioned GOP of yesteryear. 2 complete different voting groups that happen to share the same party name and not much else at this point in time.

Historically in other countries long ago they had such things as 'peasant revolt'. This is not a lot different than the new fraction within the GOP because it's the working class/blue collar uprising which is similar to peasants from long ago.

http://ants-and-grasshoppers.blogspo...-elitists.html

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...usioned-voters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_peasant_revolts

Last edited by sware2cod; 10-11-2016 at 09:33 AM..

Old 10-11-2016, 08:58 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
No, that's not the original. It's here:

And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3599

You start off with a quote from Alex Jones and you call other people sheeple, . Where would Infowars be without a conspiracy. Yes an unaware uneducated citizenry that is more likely to believe Infowars rather than a serious publication.

Who the heck is Bill Ivey?

Anyway here's the entire quote, quite a bit more to it but all you took out was one sentence. Now who do you think "we've" refers to? Sure seems like he was speaking in general but if you want to believe in unaware citizenry then trump supporters sure seem to fit the bill from Muslim bans to walls to blowing up ISIS.

Quote:
From Bill Ivey

From:bi@globalculturalstrategies.com To: john.podesta@gmail.com Date: 2016-03-13 17:06 Subject: From Bill Ivey Dear John: Well, we all thought the big problem for our US democracy was Citizens United/Koch Brothers big money in politics. Silly us; turns out that money isn't all that important if you can conflate entertainment with the electoral process. Trump masters TV, TV so-called news picks up and repeats and repeats to death this opinionated blowhard and his hairbrained ideas, free-floating discontent attaches to a seeming strongman and we're off and running. JFK, Jr would be delighted by all this as his "George" magazine saw celebrity politics coming. The magazine struggled as it was ahead of its time but now looks prescient. George, of course, played the development pretty lightly, basically for charm and gossip, like People, but what we are dealing with now is dead serious. How does this get handled in the general? Secretary Clinton is not an entertainer, and not a celebrity in the Trump, Kardashian mold; what can she do to offset this? I'm certain the poll-directed insiders are sure things will default to policy as soon as the conventions are over, but I think not.

And as I've mentioned, we've all been quite content to demean government, drop civics and in general conspire to produce an unaware and compliant citizenry. The unawareness remains strong but compliance is obviously fading rapidly. This problem demands some serious, serious thinking - and not just poll driven, demographically-inspired messaging.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:58 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Hillary said 50% of Trump supporters were deplorable like the David Duke supporters and the like. If you are a racist pig like they are then yes you are one of the deplorable other wise you are just a person who bought into Trumps BS. That does not make you deplorable as much as it makes you easily duped.

There are very few who think Hillary is the greatest candidate.

She just happens to be the less flawed.
Republicans waking up to nightmare....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...fae_story.html

Old 10-11-2016, 09:35 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
No doubt about the fact the rich and powerful (Wall Street bankers, Media, Hollywood) have invested in Hillary and they are ganged up and manipulating the easily manipulated.
Yeah you're right but Trump too. The rich have bought both parties and it has been that way for a long, long time.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:16 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Civics isn't being taught these days, nor is history, nor current affairs. Nor geography.

When I was in high school 54 years ago, I was taught all three. My history education began when I was in the 6th grade, starting with my state's history. That instruction continued through Jr. High and High School. World history was reserved for High School, as was Current Affairs. My textbook for that class was U.S. News & World Report, a weekly news magazine.

Idaho is not a state with a big population. It's not a state that invests heavily in our education system either. Lots of kids in other states knew more about all this than I did after I graduated.

If you don't want a populace of sheeple, you start educating them young in all those very important subjects. For a very long time, our kids leave high school knowing nothing about our past, how our government works, what's going on in the rest of the world, and with no knowledge at all of where all the other nations on earth are located.

They are supposed to discover all this on their own, somehow, some way, without even knowing where to start. And then, they are expected to be wise voters when they're old enough to vote.

That's like expecting a stone-age person can operate a rocket ship by opening the hatch and letting him have at it. And then blaming him for not getting off the ground because he's a sheeple.

Why not just blame the media instead? They're the universal punching bag for all our society's failures nowadays, when a little fat child beauty queen with a 400 lb. mother are celebrities and a bunch of guys who make duck calls for a living are considered to be wise political sages.

Now both are what a stone-age man can understand. Hand him a piece of wood and a sharp rock, and he can make a pretty good duck call. And that little girl looks a lot like his own kid.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:47 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Oh my. I'll go vote for Trump because I'm crushed.

If you think Trump hasn't used his following as a tool for his own sorry ego, there's a bridge in Brooklyn...

Or if you think Trump really cares about those he represents, please provide evidence that pre-dates his campaign and golden escalator descent.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:56 AM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
It's not like we're not sick and tired of establishment politicians and the news media that props them up. It's just that in this election you lefties found out that the guy you wanted in place of the automaton was targeted for political destruction, too. And instead of being outraged, you all just went along with it. That's why you are sheeple. You are rooting for Big Brother, the Ministry of Truth and the Bobblehead News Media to pretend to make it good for you even though you know it's a load of crappola based on all of the other years of your respective lives.

I hate the Republican jackasses on Capitol Hill and the national news media trying to preserve their fiefdoms as much as I hate Hillary Clinton...so I'm going to keep voting for non-politicians. I'll vote for a hooker before I vote for another lawyer turned politician.

The moderators don't ask the right questions (and I'm not just talking presidential candidates). They should be asking something like, "How many more years are you going to continue to fight the War on Poverty before the public realizes you stink at anything involving action and haven't had any new ideas in decades? You know, the people are kind of sick of hearing how you've fought for us. How many battles have you actually won?" Let's see if they rehearsed that one at debate practice.

Here's another one. "What were you worth on the day you first became a US Senator and how much are you worth now that you are leaving?"

Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
It's not like we're not sick and tired of establishment politicians and the news media that props them up. It's just that in this election you lefties found out that the guy you wanted in place of the automaton was targeted for political destruction, too. And instead of being outraged, you all just went along with it. That's why you are sheeple. You are rooting for Big Brother, the Ministry of Truth and the Bobblehead News Media to pretend to make it good for you even though you know it's a load of crappola based on all of the other years of your respective lives.

I hate the Republican jackasses on Capitol Hill and the national news media trying to preserve their fiefdoms as much as I hate Hillary Clinton...so I'm going to keep voting for non-politicians. I'll vote for a hooker before I vote for another lawyer turned politician.

The moderators don't ask the right questions (and I'm not just talking presidential candidates). They should be asking something like, "How many more years are you going to continue to fight the War on Poverty before the public realizes you stink at anything involving action and haven't had any new ideas in decades? You know, the people are kind of sick of hearing how you've fought for us. How many battles have you actually won?" Let's see if they rehearsed that one at debate practice.

Here's another one. "What were you worth on the day you first became a US Senator and how much are you worth now that you are leaving?"
So everyone who disagrees with you is a sheeple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections