Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,795 times

Advertisements

Here's a biting article by Frank Rich of the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/24/op...on&oref=slogin

Rich is spot on on his analysis of Hillary's failures. Money quote:

Quote:
This is the candidate who keeps telling us she’s so competent that she’ll be ready to govern from Day 1. Mrs. Clinton may be right that Mr. Obama has a thin résumé, but her disheveled campaign keeps reminding us that the biggest item on her thicker résumé is the health care task force that was as botched as her presidential bid.
Another zinger of a line:

Quote:
As for countering what she sees as the empty Obama brand of hope, she offers only a chilly void: Abandon hope all ye who enter here. This must be the first presidential candidate in history to devote so much energy to preaching against optimism, against inspiring language and — talk about bizarre — against democracy itself. No sooner does Mrs. Clinton lose a state than her campaign belittles its voters as unrepresentative of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2008, 01:04 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Never thought I'd agree with anything Rich wrote, but he's spot-on here.

Hillary's campaign is an ideological and financial disaster, and proof positive that a Clinton III administration would be the same.

She needs to step aside and let reason prevail.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:53 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,154,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Never thought I'd agree with anything Rich wrote, but he's spot-on here.

Hillary's campaign is an ideological and financial disaster, and proof positive that a Clinton III administration would be the same.

She needs to step aside and let reason prevail.
She's banked the last 20 or so years on this contest. She will not walk away gracefully.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
She's banked the last 20 or so years on this contest. She will not walk away gracefully.
Oh, I agree. The Clintons will either win ugly or lose ugly.

I do dearly hope that it is the latter, however -- for everyone's sake, except theirs.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,154,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, I agree. The Clintons will either win ugly or lose ugly.

I do dearly hope that it is the latter, however -- for everyone's sake, except theirs.
Youtube. That's all I'm asking for.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Youtube. That's all I'm asking for.
Your request is granted:

YouTube - The mother of all Hillacackles

Old 02-24-2008, 03:24 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
I read that article this morning. Great stuff.

Bill Clinton knocked states that hold caucuses instead of primaries because “they disproportionately favor upper-income voters” who “don’t really need a president but feel like they need a change.” After the Potomac primary wipeout, Mr. Penn declared that Mr. Obama hadn’t won in “any of the significant states” outside of his home state of Illinois. This might come as news to Virginia, Maryland, Washington and Iowa, among the other insignificant sites of Obama victories. The blogger Markos Moulitsas Zúniga has hilariously labeled this Penn spin the “insult 40 states” strategy.

The insults continued on Tuesday night when a surrogate preceding Mrs. Clinton onstage at an Ohio rally, Tom Buffenbarger of the machinists’ union, derided Obama supporters as “latte-drinking, Prius-driving, Birkenstock-wearing, trust-fund babies.” Even as he ranted, exit polls in Wisconsin were showing that Mr. Obama had in fact won that day among voters with the least education and the lowest incomes. Less than 24 hours later, Mr. Obama received the endorsement of the latte-drinking Teamsters.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
And then there is this:

What’s next? Despite Mrs. Clinton’s valedictory tone at Thursday’s debate, there remains the fear in some quarters that whether through sleights of hand involving superdelegates or bogus delegates from Michigan or Florida, the Clintons might yet game or even steal the nomination. I’m starting to wonder. An operation that has waged political war as incompetently as the Bush administration waged war in Iraq is unlikely to suddenly become smart enough to pull off that duplicitous a “victory.” Besides, after spending $1,200 on Dunkin’ Donuts in January alone, this campaign simply may not have the cash on hand to mount a surge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections