Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wonder if it's to level the playing field since the MSM is clearly conspiring/promoting with/for Hillary/DNC or are you blind to that?
Yeah RIGHT!
When have the Russians EVER wanted a "level" playing field?
Are you freakin' SERIOUS?????
Get real.
Why don't you ask the Eastern Europeans if the Russians like a "level" playing field?
Ask the Poles?
Ask the Czechs?
Ask the Latvians?
Ask the Lithuanians?
Ask the Estonians?
Ask the Hungarians?
Ask the East Germans?
Ask the Romanians?

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 04:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah RIGHT!
Get real.
Why don't you ask the Eastern Europeans if the Russians like a "level" playing field?
Ask the Poles?
Ask the Czechs?
Ask the Latvians?
Ask the Lithuanians?
Ask the Estonians?
Ask the Hungarians?
Ask the East Germans?
Ask the Romanians?

Ken
Hey, it's just as valid a point as you've made with no real evidence...

Old 10-19-2016, 04:58 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Trump has no ties to russia, he doesn't know Putin and who's hacking is irrelevant, the e mails are the e mails, if these people weren't hiding so many things, they wouldn't have to worry about any of this. If Hillary was honest and trustworthy, anyone can hack all they want and all they would see is an upstanding american citizen.
Trump and his associates have been shown ad nauseam to be directly linked..But delusional folks refuse to believe it~~ What else is new?? SMH

Roger Stone, ( Manafort too) closely associated..and one thing that Roger Stone predicted was Pedestal was the target~~ like over a month ago..HOW would he know that?/ Just maybe because he has ties to Putin Machine and what was being manipulated and transmitted to Wikileaks.. Talk about "Smoking Gun" evidence.

Denial of circumstantial evidence is nothing new..especially Roger Stone "Let the CAT out of the Bag" BEFORE Wikileaks dumps!!

Podesta: Trump ally had ‘advance warning’ of hacked emails - POLITICO

Quote:
But Stone, a GOP dark-arts operative who idolizes Richard Nixon, has admitted to contacting Assange and tweeted as far back as August that WikiLeaks would sink Clinton and Podesta, one of her most seasoned and influential advisers.
“Stone pointed his finger at me, and said that I could expect some treatment that would expose me and ultimately sent out a tweet that said it would be my time in the barrel,” Podesta said. “So I think it’s a reasonable assumption to — or at least a reasonable conclusion — that Mr. Stone had advance warning and the Trump campaign had advance warning about what Assange was going to do … I think there’s at least a reasonable belief that Mr. Assange may have passed this information onto Mr. Stone.”
Podesta implicates Trump adviser Roger Stone over Wikileaks email release | Fox News

Quote:
Clinton adviser John Podesta pointed the finger at Trump adviser Roger Stone, who he said has been in touch with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Podesta also raised as evidence an August tweet in which Stone said Podesta's "time in the barrel" was coming. The tweet was sent shortly after WikiLeaks published scores of hacked emails from other Democratic officials.
"I think it's a reasonable assumption, or at least a reasonable conclusion, that Mr. Stone and the Trump campaign had advance warning about what Assange was going to do," Podesta told reporters aboard the Clinton campaign plane. Podesta acknowledged the evidence was "circumstantial."
Podesta confirmed that the FBI is investigating the hack of his private email account as part of the ongoing probe in other Democratic Party hackings by groups with Russian ties. Last week, intelligence officials said they believe the individuals responsible are working for Russian intelligence and coordinating with Assange on the political hacking.

Old 10-19-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Hey, it's just as valid a point as you've made with no real evidence...
There's apparently ENOUGH EVIDENCE that Russia is behind the hacks that EVEN GOP VP candidate PENCE (you know, Trumps' RUNNING MATE?) agrees that Russia is behind it.
You and I don't have access to the evidence but apparently PENCE has seen it.

Ken

So again WHY are the Russians so anxious to help Trump become President?

Old 10-19-2016, 05:01 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Russia-no Democrats-yes

Old 10-20-2016, 07:57 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
There's apparently ENOUGH EVIDENCE that Russia is behind the hacks that EVEN GOP VP candidate PENCE (you know, Trumps' RUNNING MATE?) agrees that Russia is behind it.
You and I don't have access to the evidence but apparently PENCE has seen it.

Ken

So again WHY are the Russians so anxious to help Trump become President?
Yep, just as sure that Iraq had WMD's... Ask yourself this, who is in charge of our intelligence services? Next, who is heavily campaigning for Hillary? Are they both the same people?
Sorry, when the DOJ and the FBI have been bent over and twisted in knots in the favor of one person for doing things that would put us "mere mortals" in front of a jury at the least and most likely in jail forgive me if I have very little faith in Obama's intelligence services.

They "think", they "surmise" at best they are "pretty certain".
If they had a smoking gun that pointed at Russia as the state actor behind the hacks they'd have shouted it from the roof tops and then taken action.

They wouldn't have tried to float some nefarious story in the news with vague threats, they'd have called in the Russian Ambassador and there'd have been hell to pay. Of course that's a bit hard to do while we're doing the same thing to others right?

Now, they've arrested a Russian citizen in a country that is not Russia for hacking. So? There's hackers of all nationalities all over the world. That does not mean that each one is doing it's home countries bidding does it?
All they've got is a Russian citizen NOT the country. I'm sure Russia could pick up an American hacker should they then claim "The U.S. is hacking us? (we are but let's not mention that as it will ruin the meme that only Russia hacks countries).

Lastly, WE as a nation meddle in many other countries elections/political affairs to install puppets for our interests so doesn't it sound just a bit hypocritical to now complain?
It's a real bitc# when the tables are turned, and IF a state actor has done so it was bound to happen eventually.
At the end of the day that still doesn't make all the information released false, it just makes it obtained by illegal/unethical means.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:02 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,757,385 times
Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin Are Very Much in Love, Thank You : Related Articles | OOYUZ

Old 10-20-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Yep, just as sure that Iraq had WMD's... Ask yourself this, who is in charge of our intelligence services? Next, who is heavily campaigning for Hillary? Are they both the same people?
Sorry, when the DOJ and the FBI have been bent over and twisted in knots in the favor of one person for doing things that would put us "mere mortals" in front of a jury at the least and most likely in jail forgive me if I have very little faith in Obama's intelligence services.

Not true at all. Look up the legal meaning of "INTENT". There is no way that any non-biased prosecutor would file charges against Hillary. A judge would laugh the case out of court.

If they had a smoking gun that pointed at Russia as the state actor behind the hacks they'd have shouted it from the roof tops and then taken action.

Intelligence is always a case of uncertainty. As I've mentioned EVEN PENCE - who likely has seen the evidence - is convinced the Russians are behind. WHY would he have that opinion if the evidence wasn't pretty strong. If you are expecting the intelligence agencies to tell us the DETAILS of WHY they think Russia is behind it, you're pretty silly. NO agency is about to out it's sources or disclose technology that allows it to track such hacking.

They wouldn't have tried to float some nefarious story in the news with vague threats, they'd have called in the Russian Ambassador and there'd have been hell to pay. Of course that's a bit hard to do while we're doing the same thing to others right?

Now, they've arrested a Russian citizen in a country that is not Russia for hacking. So? There's hackers of all nationalities all over the world. That does not mean that each one is doing it's home countries bidding does it?
All they've got is a Russian citizen NOT the country. I'm sure Russia could pick up an American hacker should they then claim "The U.S. is hacking us? (we are but let's not mention that as it will ruin the meme that only Russia hacks countries).

Lastly, WE as a nation meddle in many other countries elections/political affairs to install puppets for our interests so doesn't it sound just a bit hypocritical to now complain?
It's a real bitc# when the tables are turned, and IF a state actor has done so it was bound to happen eventually.

Yes, the Russians are doing what is in THEIR interests. No doubt about that - just as we do what is in OUR interest. They question is WHY do the Russians consider Trump winning to be in THEIR interests?

At the end of the day that still doesn't make all the information released false, it just makes it obtained by illegal/unethical means.
I don't claim the information released is false. I just don't think there's much of anything there. Some embarrassing stuff to be sure but that's about it. Little of it even involves Hillary directly. Most if it is just people in the campaign sniping at each other or talking campaign strategy. So what? IF some bombshell info had been hacked it would have been ANNOUNCED already. After all, voting has ALREADY STARTED in about half the states. I've already mailed in my ballot here in Arizona - and I'm not alone. The e-mails are not going to affect anything.

Ken

Old 10-20-2016, 09:47 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:

Well that's all really clever but I'm not buying any of it. Intelligence agencies are not going to reveal many details of what they know because they do not want to give away their cyber espionage methods. Clinton is right in pointing out that the theft of this data is much more important than the content of the data that was retrieved. Why? Because that is an IMMEDIATE threat to the stability and the safety of the USA above and beyond the outcome of this election. We know that there have been no leaks on the Trump side which is pretty telling. Are you suggesting that BOTH sides use these methods to investigate their opponent? To me that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 10-20-2016 at 10:10 AM..

Old 10-20-2016, 09:49 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Yeah RIGHT!
Get real.
Ask the Poles?
Ask the Czechs?
Ask the Latvians?
Ask the Lithuanians?
Ask the Estonians?
Ask the Hungarians?
Ask the East Germans?
Ask the Romanians?

Ken
Ask the Ukrainians...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections