U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In absolute terms, what's your absolute opinion...
Hillary is GREAT; Trump sucks 12 16.67%
Trump is GREAT; Hillary sucks 15 20.83%
They're BOTH FREAKING IDIOTS 45 62.50%
They're both just really, really great 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 10:00 AM

10,635 posts, read 6,033,189 times

Advertisements

I would have voted if you had a choice that said that I believe Clinton is the most qualified candidate running, and/or conversely, that Trump is the least. The juvenile way you worded the poll makes it impossible for me to vote in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 10:00 AM

6,911 posts, read 4,913,650 times
The biggest negative Hillary has going for her is that the GOP, if they have any power left at all, will use it to obstruct her like they did Obama.

In otherwords, a vote for Hillary is a vote for gridlock at the hands of her opponents who put party before country (again).

She has many negatives. That this is the biggest one speaks volumes about the GOP and their scorched earth agenda.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:01 AM

12,280 posts, read 4,141,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
trump is an idiot

hillary is a dangerous criminal
this

Old 10-12-2016, 10:13 AM

28,906 posts, read 46,582,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I would have voted if you had a choice that said that I believe Clinton is the most qualified candidate running, and/or conversely, that Trump is the least. The juvenile way you worded the poll makes it impossible for me to vote in it.
I'm not so sure about that. I think vulgarity is the ideal way to describe our choices this election.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:14 AM

3,461 posts, read 1,843,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If ever there was an election that called for voting 3rd Party it is this one. Please don't just not vote, that makes them think you don't care. A vote for anyone but a Republican or Democrat, however, lets them know you care but don't like the bill of goods they are trying to sell you.
I couldn't agree more If the patriots of the American Revolution decided it was unlikely that we could break free of the monarchy, we'd be singing God Save The Queen today instead of the Star Spangled Banner.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Status: "Nevertheless, America's baseball team -- Roar, Tigers, ROAR!" (set 25 days ago)

12,307 posts, read 7,454,188 times
Agreed, they're both an embarrassment. But there's a bigger embarrassment to whom both pander -- the "swing voter" of limited education and short sight, who is still so stupid as to enter a voting booth believing that the excessive power of the state can benefit him/her at someone else's expense, rather than what (s)he has to lose as that power becomes increasingly concentrated and bureaucratized.

We desperately need basic educational and intellectual qualifications in order to vote. To handle this issue fairly, I'm willing to allow service in the military, or Peace Corps, etc. as an automatic qualifier, or enrollment in a basic "civics" course -- just as some states now require a safety course as a condition for hunting licenses for teenagers.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:25 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,452,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This poll is like most of the others on here; it forces you into a category that does not truly describe your position. It's designed in that way in order to make the OP's point - the only purpose. It is not to capture data, it is designed to promote a certain point of view.
Right along with MOST polls that are published. Almost impossible to find a poll nowadays that isn't contrived to come to a predetermined conclusion.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:27 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,452,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The biggest negative Hillary has going for her is that the GOP, if they have any power left at all, will use it to obstruct her like they did Obama.

In otherwords, a vote for Hillary is a vote for gridlock at the hands of her opponents who put party before country (again).

She has many negatives. That this is the biggest one speaks volumes about the GOP and their scorched earth agenda.
Well, per her own statements a vote for her is a vote for basically the U.N. to rule the U.S.. "One World, Open Borders".

Old 10-12-2016, 10:33 AM

8,199 posts, read 6,097,348 times
They are both awful, but they are the candidates we deserve.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:35 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,290,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
My drunk neighbor down the street has NO responsibility for the problems and failings of the federal government either. That hardly qualifies him as a good candidate for the POTUS.
Your drunk neighbor is better qualified than Hillary Clinton. Experience can be good or bad. Her experience proves she can't do the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or