Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 10:37 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you say so. Some people are easily offended, which is why they talk about the "delicate snowflake" generation. I am an evangelical Christian, and I am not insulted.
I'm not insulted either after all, because I look at the source of the insults. I understand their intent and that is to persecution of anyone who disagrees with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 10:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Hitler hated the Jews. Do you think he was able to initially project and spread such hatred in the beginning? Of course not.

Liberal society is ruled by the ideology of non-discrimination. Of course this ideology is not imposed equally on everyone, but mainly on whites, men, Christians, heterosexuals, wealth producers, and so on... the “privileged” groups who "according to liberal ideology" are the only source of hate and discrimination

but.... here it is, attacks on Catholicism and Evangelicals. It's the left who has hate in their heart but their good and disguising it mostly because the media is not doing it's job of reporting anything that could hurt their candidate.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:51 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm not insulted either after all, because I look at the source of the insults. I understand their intent and that is to persecution of anyone who disagrees with them.
What was Jen Palmieri's (whoever that even is) intent, considering the fact that it was a private conversation (if it even took place)?

Old 10-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
but.... here it is, attacks on Catholicism and Evangelicals.
How does it boil down to an attack on either? No one even mentions Evangelicals, and the reference to Catholics is only to say some conservatives bastardize it?

Old 10-13-2016, 05:19 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Those aren't even Hillary's words.

Unbelievable.

Palmieri ( whose mind is "jello," can't remember the memo, and thinks we should forget it because "it's the Russians"), is Hillary's communications director, and another omnipresent loon in her orbit..

That was a reprehensible exchange, and that mockery of any OTHER religion would have had her immediately jettisoned.

But not to worry. I'm sure Hillary will be hounded to "disavow" it at the next debate.

Old 10-13-2016, 05:28 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's harsh criticism but it isn't mockery. And even if it had been, that's allowed in free countries. People can say anything they want about any religion, certainly in private emails. So demands for apologies seem out of line, but this information should give pause to any conservative Catholics who were planning to vote Hillary.

Harsh criticism, my asinine.

Those of us who read the entire exchange, punctuated with guffaws, know mockery when we see or hear it. Even baptism was fair game.

And chuck the First Amendment gar-baghe. The obvious double-standard is the point. The MNM is all over Republican candidates like a cheap suit when it comes to comments made by others that THEY find offensive.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:15 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
it does not matter to the Hillary haters if she said these words or not. So long as they can create more hate they are satisfied.

FWIW - I prefer to believe in verifiable facts than some magical thievery. Particular any that pass a collection plate around and tell you that you can buy redemption.

Typical liberal contempt and disdain for those with other views. Liberals are the modern fascists who cannot, and will not tolerate, any views which disagree with liberal dogma.

BTW Greg, some of the most brilliant scientists I have known during my training have been devout Catholics. I wonder if you would call them "idiots"?

You need to study a little more physics and mathematics (needs to be advanced). Then, perhaps you will understand the statistical improbability of the universe and the multiverse existence simply due to chance. It is akin to the converse of the statistical probability of time travel to the past- it is a function of entropy and Laplace's equation.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:27 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
Palmieri has said that the doc. was not from her and she is Catholic.

Problem when the emails have been stolen months ago and apparently have been altered.

What this issue leads to will be better email security or a revival of snail mail.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Palmieri has said that the doc. was not from her and she is Catholic.

Problem when the emails have been stolen months ago and apparently have been altered.

What this issue leads to will be better email security or a revival of snail mail.
The problem with some of these Wikileak 'revelations' is the fact that they are actually Russian propaganda. They are "leaks" intentional falsified to mislead the American voters, and as you can see many swallow it line, hook and sinker.

The Russians are deeply involved in trying get Trump in the White House, and that should be a major worry for every American.

I do not know if this particular email is such propaganda, because it really doesn't' carry any weight since there aren't any actual insults towards Catholics or Evangelicals (which are not even mentioned).

Old 10-13-2016, 06:31 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
Here is the email that started this tempest in a teapot from: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/4364

To: John Podesta <john.podesta@gmail.com>; Jennifer Palmieri

Sent: Mon Apr 11 18:55:59 2011
Subject: Conservative Catholicism

Ken Auletta's latest piece on Murdoch in the New Yorker starts off with the aside that both Murdoch and Robert Thompson, managing editor of the WSJ, are raising their kids Catholic. Friggin' Murdoch baptized his kids in Jordan where John the Baptist baptized Jesus.

Many of the most powerful elements of the conservative movement are all Catholic (many converts) from the SC and think tanks to the media and social groups.

It's an amazing bastardization of the faith. They must be attracted to the systematic thought and severely backwards gender relations and must be totally unaware of Christian democracy.

end of email __________________________________________________ ______________________________________

I'm not offended either. I don't take this as as an insult to Catholicism at all. If we look at paragraph 3 above in the context of paragraph 2 it looks like the think tanks, social groups, and conservative media tailor their messages to appeal to Catholics. These people are really free under the constitution to identify and assess the characteristics of the opposition.

This is a somewhat benign conversation between liberals in assessment of their opposition. I won't be wasting any time sitting on my porch with my shotgun in my lap, waiting for the hoards from the cities coming up to kill me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections