U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:26 PM

12,707 posts, read 4,596,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I have seen his list, and most are good in my opinion. I keep hearing this crying of plutocracy. That's total crap. I have one vote and a billionaire has one vote. I understand that money makes an unequal playing field, but the billionaires have the most to loose. Shouldn't they have a greater say in how people want to tax and use their money? Why don't we start tracking taxes dollars paid/per unit benefit gained so we can see how much each person contributes to paying their fairs share - and then decide how much voice they get in determining in how they will be taxed.
Yes, research shows that the opinions of the vast majority of the population has zero effect on public policy. Think about that for a second. As we start moving towards the 1% and 0.01% of the income earners, they basically set public policy according to research. You seem to dislike the concept of democracy and are fine with the concept of one dollar, one vote. The more a person donates, the more benefit the person gets. This is a catastrophe not only for the American people, but also for the economy. A corrupt system which holds up a rigged economy. Why you defend this is truly mind boggling. You're obviously not a member of the big money donor class if you are a "scientist".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 05:30 PM

12,707 posts, read 4,596,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You are obviously a victim of the left wing education system, Very sad...
No counter arguments from you here, just mindless personal attacks. Thats not surprising when you dont have arguments to rebut what I say.

Old 10-12-2016, 05:32 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,795,930 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-ZyW9bz5c

Old 10-13-2016, 12:46 AM

34,242 posts, read 41,253,416 times
Quote:
I see through all that, but I care about tax policy. I am tired of being told to pay more, and seeing incompetents running this country. I don't know if Trump could do better than HC, but I know he owuld deligate to good people. HC is morally bankrupt, and out to raise taxes to keep her base. I can't see how how HC supporters are so deaf that they can not see that she is such a corrupt person...
Define what shes done to merit that accusation of morally bankrupt and corrupt.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:03 AM

6,175 posts, read 3,496,689 times
Quote:
I have seen his list, and most are good in my opinion. I keep hearing this crying of plutocracy. That's total crap. I have one vote and a billionaire has one vote. I understand that money makes an unequal playing field, but the billionaires have the most to loose. Shouldn't they have a greater say in how people want to tax and use their money? Why don't we start tracking taxes dollars paid/per unit benefit gained so we can see how much each person contributes to paying their fairs share - and then decide how much voice they get in determining in how they will be taxed.
No, that is not what the founding fathers intended. You didn't take American Government in college did you?

Besides, Trump hasn't paid federal taxes.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:07 AM

12,627 posts, read 8,743,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
to quote liberals: WHO CARES WHAT ROBBIE HAS TO SAY, HE AINT RUNNING FOR OFFICE...

Old 10-13-2016, 01:08 AM

12,193 posts, read 10,366,702 times
Donald is sinking, and taking the entire Republican Party with him. I love it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or