Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 02:26 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times

Advertisements

The Real Clear Politics Average has Clinton at +6.2 in the head-to-head with Trump right now, and if you take out the LA Times poll (which has them tied), that becomes a solid +7.

It appears that even the most devout Trump supporters no longer have even the inaccurate polls on their side. Giving Trump a 6 or 7 point boost due to bad methodology still isn't enough to give him a lead.

It's funny to think back to all of the people I've heard say it would be a Trump landslide and the talk of a "silent majority." Trump will almost certainly finish with the lowest percentage of votes since John Q Adams in 1824 (30.91%)! And to think people have raved about how Trump has been so popular....

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2016, 02:42 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
The Real Clear Politics Average has Clinton at +6.2 in the head-to-head with Trump right now, and if you take out the LA Times poll (which has them tied), that becomes a solid +7.

It appears that even the most devout Trump supporters no longer have even the inaccurate polls on their side. Giving Trump a 6 or 7 point boost due to bad methodology still isn't enough to give him a lead.

It's funny to think back to all of the people I've heard say it would be a Trump landslide and the talk of a "silent majority." Trump will almost certainly finish with the lowest percentage of votes since John Q Adams in 1824 (30.91%)! And to think people have raved about how Trump has been so popular....

I doubt that. Don't count your chickens yet. I would rather neither Trump or HRC be elected President. Unfortunately we can't elect a care taker Govt. I will vote for Trump as I simply will not vote for someone who will try to raise my federal tax so I can pay for others college, etc. If I were polled I would not answer, or say I am undecided. I am highly educated, and high income, and there are many who fall into my bucket. I also like the idea of a non politician being elected president.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:46 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I doubt that. Don't count your chickens yet. I would rather neither Trump or HRC be elected President. Unfortunately we can't elect a care taker Govt. I will vote for Trump as I simply will not vote for someone who will try to raise my federal tax so I can pay for others college, etc. If I were polled I would not answer, or say I am undecided. I am highly educated, and high income, and there are many who fall into my bucket. I also like the idea of a non politician being elected president.
Ah yes, the often touted "Hidden Trump voter." The one polls are missing all the time.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
I can't believe anyone takes that poll seriously. When they are so much different than the others, with an obvious agenda, I dismiss them completely.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:52 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
I would much rather count myself as a hidden Trump voter than a boastful supporter of a career criminal.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:53 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post

I love how the Trump guys loved to point to the polls when he was doing well, then they dismiss them when they turn ugly. You aren't fooling anyone.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I can't believe anyone takes that poll seriously. When they are so much different than the others, with an obvious agenda, I dismiss them completely.
How about when they all are saying the same thing?

Are they all wrong?

Old 10-12-2016, 02:55 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Ah yes, the often touted "Hidden Trump voter." The one polls are missing all the time.
Probably b/c we have gotten rid of land lines, and don't accept calls on our cell from unknown callers.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:57 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
It's because they didn't call the black guy in Illinois this week. Seriously.

Quote:
There is a 19-year-old black man in Illinois who has no idea of the role he is playing in this election...

Our Trump-supporting friend in Illinois is a surprisingly big part of the reason. In some polls, he’s weighted as much as 30 times more than the average respondent, and as much as 300 times more than the least-weighted respondent.
Continue reading the main story

Alone, he has been enough to put Mr. Trump in double digits of support among black voters. He can improve Mr. Trump’s margin by 1 point in the survey, even though he is one of around 3,000 panelists.

He is also the reason Mrs. Clinton took the lead in the U.S.C./LAT poll for the first time in a month on Wednesday. The poll includes only the last seven days of respondents, and he hasn’t taken the poll since Oct. 4. Mrs. Clinton surged once he was out of the sample for the first time in several weeks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/up...e=sectionfront

This article shows why that LA Times monstrosity is so totally, completely useless.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:01 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
And someone is too dumb to notice the dates. Noteworthy is how the dates polled always differ from the dates published.

One would think it's not rocket science, but for Hillbots, pretty much everything is rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections