U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 10:14 PM

8,117 posts, read 5,787,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Well, here it is, two days exactly, and Alred has her ugly face on tv with some blond bimbo who is accusing Trump of sexual harassment.

How come all of these females are now coming out of the woodwork?
Where were they when these alleged events happened?
These charges are as phony as the day is long.
I blame the dnc for all this trash.
They did the same to Cain in the last election.

Big difference is, unlike Cain, Trump won't quit, and knowing him, he will have most of these fools in front of a court, suing for damages, something most of these women should have done long ago, if the charges were true.

Much more important things to consider in this election like, how bout getting people back to work, health care, and aid to our long forgotten veterans , for starters.

Bob.
Everyone knows once you run for president, everything from your past and present comes out in the open which surprises me that Trump would put his hat in the ring.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:15 PM

29,965 posts, read 47,124,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You make some good points......I just think if a man were to put his hand up my skirt, I would certainly make sure I did more than think it was strange and continue on with what I was doing. I certainly would have made a moment of loudness that no one including him would forget and lawyer up. Why have these people waited this long and not brought this up 10 months ago or even 6 months ago......my guess Hillary thought she could beat him in a landslide.
Yes I think the power of the accusations is diluted by the distance to the time they occurred but you have to consider that all of these women were at least 10 yrs younger than now...
Trump was just as powerful and only a little less well-known then than now...and they were nobody...

And he was likely more attractive because he wasn't as heavy, hair looked better---and that made him a less obvious threat...Face it, most women would likely not think he would be a dangerous man...they would be more likely to distrust someone not so well-dressed, not so polished, not so glib...
so he has sort of protective coloration in his expensive suits, hand-made shoes, engaging smile...

Yet those are the hardest guys to call out...
they would likely look at you like you were nuts if he made a pass and you objected..."who, me??? I didn't do anything...I am Donald Trump, master of the Universe...I don't have to stoop to copping a feel"...

Now if he tried it with any of them, they would likely have a different reaction but woman today despite the changes in society and improvement in police attitudes toward those who come forward to acuse someone of assault still have a difficult time actually bring a charge because of all the stories out there were the person violated wasn't taken seriously or the person accused managed to escape serious punishment...
The Duke case is an outlier from what I read and likely because of the terrible verification done by the Rolling Stone reporter and editorial staff before producing that story vilifying the team...of course those young men were not public figures like Trump and none of them were enshrined forever explaining how they groped, molested woman who couldn't say no because of their star power...

But Consider the recent story of the college frat boy/athlete in CA who was raping a woman behind the dumpster when two foreign students intervened and caught him from running away....
he was given a very light sentence, received favorable treatment by the police and media initially before the trial caught more widespread attention.

College assaults are some of the most difficult to deal with fairly from what I read and frankly I think colleges should not have the power to act as a deciding body when charges of harassment, assault, rape are made. Report all to the police and keep out of it...but they are protecting their brand...just like Trump.

I think it is interesting that none of the accusers I am aware of cite an instance in the recent past say a year or two ago vs say 10+ yrs ago...
I think it is unlikely that someone who has a history of this behavior just stopped doing it...
So what happened?
Could he have stopped after his marriage?
He still denegrates women when he gets a chance so he doesn't respect them...

Old 10-14-2016, 10:17 PM

6,264 posts, read 3,379,527 times
Perhaps because the alternative is "needy Latinos" and deplorables.

I believe Trump offered to send over a personal trainer and a chef to one of the victims. In this case .... Miss Piggy here, could I have a maid service as well?

Old 10-14-2016, 10:18 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,846,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Stern then said: “Donald, seriously you know about sexual predators and things like that,” and his cohost Robin Quivers shouted: “You are one!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
That's because the term is a joke.
Wow. This is one of the sickest comments I've ever read. I hope you don't have children.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:19 PM

20,056 posts, read 12,026,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Everyone knows once you run for president, everything from your past and present comes out in the open which surprises me that Trump would put his hat in the ring.
Pride makes people blind- he will fall.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:24 PM

9,243 posts, read 23,391,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
I think the women who support Trump feel the same way, such as calling other women fat and ugly. Many feel this is a sign of laziness for women to not keep themselves up. Especially, elite men, they expect women to be thin and beautiful. All about keeping up the image. Most of the rich and/or famous are not seen with fat slobs.
I don't know you, but I'm going to guess that you probably don't associate with Republican women, so you can't really know whether they would do that or not. It is a bit of laziness not to keep yourself up. There are valid reasons why some people don't, like depression, and that's understandable for sure. Sometimes your just tired, and pajamas all day rocks! I'm no supermodel, and don't take 10 baths a day, and I love pulling my hair back in a ponytail, and I don't go around denigrating anyone else who does that. I DO think a bath every now and then is a good idea for most people. I don't disagree with you about certain men though. I worked in the beauty industry for 15 years, and men (straight and gay) were/are sticklers about looks on the people they date. Salon Managers would recommend you work out to lose weight, do NOT come to work without makeup, and god forbid, do your hair and nails. Image is important. Part of people's first impressions of you have to do with what they initially see on the outside.

Old 10-14-2016, 10:24 PM

29,965 posts, read 47,124,869 times
Mika Brezensky on Morning Joe the other day was telling about her time as a Congressional or Senate page and about all the harassment she was subjected to...she said her father and mother talked to her about what she would likely be exposed to when she got around all those powerful men...she said some of the people she was around then are still in office and still behaving as obnoxious today as then...

Now why as a journalist she is keeping silent about who those people are I have no explanation...by keeping silent she allows the problem to persist.
Misogyny is just as rampant in the US as racism despite big changes in societal norms and laws..but I wonder if either will ever be totally driven out of the human psyche...

Old 10-14-2016, 10:38 PM

9,243 posts, read 23,391,457 times
Yeah, he hit back at her, but she is no paragon of virtue so I don't think it's a great idea to put her on a pedestal.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:19 PM

21,507 posts, read 43,771,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think it is interesting that none of the accusers I am aware of cite an instance in the recent past say a year or two ago vs say 10+ yrs ago...

I think it is unlikely that someone who has a history of this behavior just stopped doing it...

So what happened?

Could he have stopped after his marriage?
No, he never stopped after his marriage. Woman Gloria Allred represents (Beverly Hilton room and golf course and meetings thereafter) cites those incidents as occurring in 2007, two years after his marriage. The People article author said she met and was accosted by Trump at Mara Lago in 2005 while Melania was pregnant and on the premises. Receptionist in Trump Tower says he kissed her in the elevator after marriage to Melania in 2005. There were also more recent stories told by beauty pageant girls, irrc. I'm convinced nothing changed after the marriage and this guy has been operating this way until very recently.

Obviously, de rigueur behavior for the rich and powerful, everywhere. Trump is by no means an anomaly - which explains Donnie's "explanation" and Ivanka's laughing about it on the Howard Stern show. People at that level don't have bourgeois morals. Reminds me of the aristocracy - mistresses and partner switching at house parties was very common in the upper classes in prior centuries (and today, too, I'm sure) - as long as it was done (somewhat) discreetly.

Melania has to have known - and just closed her eyes to it - for obvious reasons. She won't be able to do that, anymore. Wonder where that marriage will go after the election. She's awfully young to have to live with this now that the dirty laundry has been aired for all the world to see.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:44 PM

3,561 posts, read 1,346,482 times
I predict Donald Trump will say something that will take us from this scandal to something more substantial. Yet, it will also turn off voters. But by the way, notice he blamed a Mexican for these stories because the NYT is part owned by a Mexican ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or