Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 03:14 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well, IT's far TOO OBVIOUS that you have never walked in THOSE SHOES of females in the workplace ..Because what Trump described and his attitude is precisely how some 70 year old ( 60 year old in the Video exposed with Billy Bush) view their position and hierarchy. When some man Boss, Manager, Owner, takes advantage off their position and POWER ..It's already been exposed..It's not something so aberrant and NOW cannot be deflected as "Never Happened" or She deserved it excuses any more. I'm old enough myself and have experienced it throughout my adult/professional life..and It's recognizable to any of us who WALKED IN THOSE SHOES!!

Trump, created his own path to this by babbling to giggling young men about HOW he gets away with it..and Yet try's to claim He is some sort of Victim????????? What a load a cr@p.. He's a sex fiend and got his jollies by abusing and ridiculing any women he could .. WHY no reports?? Powerful people often spend thousands of $$ going after true victims..and most women abused KNEW that.... so most women LEARNED ..BUT his denials of ever acting on his blathering ..was the trigger for these older stories to emerge..I don't blame them!!

Most women, became more educated ..however it wasn't until DNA evidence became viable ( Rape Kits) was their an ability to have victims Prove anything..Most abusers are well practiced..and ALWAYS use the alone time to do their thing..so witnesses weren't available.. I actually worked on a Team that Did Rape Kits for some of these cases..and YEP~~ Victim's had to RIGHT to charge the culprits.. But didn't stop the perp from intimidation..THUS many of these women were admitted under "Assumed Names" and Security protecting them...Many got arrested trying to get to them!! ( Oh yeah, this recognition> is not just the past few years..BUT DECADES in our Country) So I cannot believe women of any stripe couldn't identify with victims of sexually dominating experiences by the "Likes of a Trump"
Thanks for posting this. There's an ongoing question about "What now?" We've finally come to terms, I think, with the reality of what's been going on in the nation over the last forty years: The nation has realized progress against systemic oppression, on a number of fronts, but there is a very substantially-sized group of Americans who doggedly oppose such progress and instead insist on retaining and rationalizing the legacy oppression attitudes and behaviors - so many teaching their children to behave in a deplorable manner, so that waiting for them to die out is no longer a reasonable approach.

We're left with this situation where when you raise the reality of the impact of legacy oppression attitudes and behaviors, a number of people view anti-oppression as restricting the "right" of the people they prefer to oppress the people they care less about (even when those oppressed include themselves!) The obstinate refusal by so many to acknowledge the reality of the legacy patriarchy and how it continues to oppress women a century after suffrage was granted is shocking at times, especially for someone like me who was raised from birth to recognize the oppression, and challenge it.

So what now? How do we move forward when so many Americans are not just insensitive to oppression, but deliberately and belligerently opposed to anti-oppression?

Old 10-16-2016, 03:29 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Then why did she feel the need to include that detail?
My guess is that someone asked her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I don't want Trump. I don't want Clinton.
The only legitimate response to that is, "Tough luck." Those are the choices. One of them will be POTUS. Therefore, three weeks before the election, anything said against one is support for the other. There is only one way to be independent: Draw an equivalency between the two in every criticism you post. If you don't do that, then criticizing one is, unequivocally, supporting the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Why would women step forward now and risk being bashed by Trump supporters?
There's a problem asking rhetorical questions like that: The folks you're addressing will fill in the answer with self-deception. So to preclude that: Why would women step forward now and risk being bashed by Trump supporters? Because he lied about having never committed those offenses last Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I don't want to hear that they were scared, embarrassed, ashamed, etc.
I hope you realize that in saying so you're deliberately declaring yourself unrepentantly and deliberately oblivious to the reality of sexual abuse in our still-male-dominated society. It's okay to do so - that's really the point of this election, this struggle between the reality of anti-oppression progress on the Left and the fantasy of denial of systems oppression on the Right. But let's just all be clear about what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No that is not what the contestant said. Nice try though.
It is precisely what she said. Nice try though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
What's even more strange is that none of these "victims" have lawyered up.
Truth is an absolute defense.

Old 10-16-2016, 03:41 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
buu - Brodderick allegations were floating around for years - but no one would believe her - from Wikipedia:
"Rumors circulated about Broaddrick's allegations for many years, but she refused to speak to the media."

Women stepping forward because he lied - vs suing and getting money - sorry don't buy it. Most people aren't that altruistic.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:05 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
buu - Brodderick allegations were floating around for years - but no one would believe her - from Wikipedia:
"Rumors circulated about Broaddrick's allegations for many years, but she refused to speak to the media."
Do you believe Brodderick's claim? If yes, then [a] don't vote for Bill Clinton and [b] believe the claims of those accusing Donald Trump, and don't vote for him either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Most people aren't that altruistic.
However, many people are principled, and will stand up to a powerful man possibly about to become a fascist dictator of our nation, after he directly lies to the American people with regard to whether or not he did to them what he did to them.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:35 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
One is known by the company they keep.....didn't think you could explain it.

Made up accusations do not equal guilty. These things were said to be done in public places, why is it no one has said Trump seems unhinged before this? Most of these women also said, they meet with Trump after most incidences happened, why would they meet him again? One even applied for a job after he groped her, I don't believe their stories.
They are musicians, not people who commit sexual assault. You have issues with musicians? I don't.

Old 10-16-2016, 05:46 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Do you believe Brodderick's claim? If yes, then [a] don't vote for Bill Clinton and [b] believe the claims of those accusing Donald Trump, and don't vote for him either.

However, many people are principled, and will stand up to a powerful man possibly about to become a fascist dictator of our nation, after he directly lies to the American people with regard to whether or not he did to them what he did to them.
Hillary Clinton is the candidate. Bill Clinton was one of our best presidents..................don't forget that.

Trump does act like a dictator. Having a person like Trump as Commander in Chief, scares me to death.

I am so sick of Trump spewing hate out of his mouth. He is the one who should be locked up. He is nuts.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:12 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Hillary Clinton is the candidate. Bill Clinton was one of our best presidents..................don't forget that.

Trump does act like a dictator. Having a person like Trump as Commander in Chief, scares me to death.

I am so sick of Trump spewing hate out of his mouth. He is the one who should be locked up. He is nuts.
Bill Cinton was not the best president he started the housing bubble thanks to him , after the first attack on the WTC he did nothing to go after them . We won't forget that ..

Trump has lived in NYC all of his life and not once has he been accused of being racist and all these other terrible things that people are spewing . He should be locked up for what ??? for being honest about slimy Hillary and the Clintons . She is the one who deleted all those emails and if someone else did this they would be in jail . As we know the proof was there and Obama protected her . By now you know the rest of her history .

This country does not need Hillary she is a viscous woman who has a proven track record of lying and so on , she is not fit to be president . Being a woman should not be her only qualification .

This woman is trying to become president at all costs her desperation shows this .

Old 10-16-2016, 06:37 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Bill Cinton was not the best president he started the housing bubble thanks to him , after the first attack on the WTC he did nothing to go after them . We won't forget that ..

Trump has lived in NYC all of his life and not once has he been accused of being racist and all these other terrible things that people are spewing . He should be locked up for what ??? for being honest about slimy Hillary and the Clintons . She is the one who deleted all those emails and if someone else did this they would be in jail . As we know the proof was there and Obama protected her . By now you know the rest of her history .

This country does not need Hillary she is a viscous woman who has a proven track record of lying and so on , she is not fit to be president . Being a woman should not be her only qualification .

This woman is trying to become president at all costs her desperation shows this .
That's not true.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-racist-meme/

Old 10-16-2016, 06:49 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post

Snopes said so and then it must be true along with Facebook memes

Old 10-16-2016, 06:54 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopalcholic View Post
Snopes said so and then it must be true along with Facebook memes
I am a born and bred New Yorker. It's absolutely true he was accused of racism multiple times before he even started The Apprentice.

You were wrong. Just take the L and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections