Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 10:17 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Women cannot excuse coming forward when crimes are committed against them by men unless they are admitting they are weaker than men. If a crime is committed against you, come forward. If you chose not to do so, you cannot fall back on the "you don't understand how hard...." excuse unless you are admitting that you are weaker than a man.

Plain an simple, if a man assaults you in any way, come forward immediately. Waiting 30 years because <insert psychological weakness here> is admitting subjectivity to a man.
If you have not been assaulted, cant speak for anyone that has or make assumptions on their strength. Powerful women - as Oprah and few others on tv have come out so... Best not to throw stones at any victim .

Old 10-22-2016, 10:18 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I have no idea if Donald Trump is guilty of anything that is alleged, and I'm skeptical that anyone here has any actual knowledge, either. So how is it that so many people here seem to know with certainty that Trump is innocent regarding all of the accusations? At a minimum, wouldn't a position of uncertainty be required?

If you don't know X, you shouldn't assert X. If you don't know Trump is innocent, then you should assert "Trump is innocent." The corollary is also true: if you don't know Trump is guilty, you shouldn't assert that he is.
The same reason that people asserted Bill's innocence or assert Hillary's innocence from enabling Bill and intimidating Bill's victims.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:19 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
I think some genuinely don't believe the accusations while the rest don't want to deal with the cognitive dissonance between their disgust with his behavior and the fact that they're voting for him anyway.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:26 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I think some genuinely don't believe the accusations while the rest don't want to deal with the cognitive dissonance between their disgust with his behavior and the fact that they're voting for him anyway.
Yep repeat of Bill voters and Hillary voters.

Others feel it is a binary vote and must vote for the better policy person as they both are awful.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:28 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If you have not been assaulted, cant speak for anyone that has or make assumptions on their strength. Powerful women - as Oprah and few others on tv have come out so... Best not to throw stones at any victim .
How the hell do you know I haven't been sexually assaulted? In my single days, I've had my arse grabbed in bars, even my crouch at least once. Just a few years ago, had a woman that I thought for certain was a lesbian try and stick her tongue down my throat... without asking me first... GASP!. Had one of my friends teenage daughters try an peek on me when I was in the shower on a beach trip.

It may bother some more than it would me, and that's completely up to the individual, but if I felt I had a civil or legal argument, I would not wait for them to **** me by not calling me back or for them to run for elected office to make my complaint.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:31 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Women cannot excuse coming forward when crimes are committed against them by men unless they are admitting they are weaker than men. If a crime is committed against you, come forward. If you chose not to do so, you cannot fall back on the "you don't understand how hard...." excuse unless you are admitting that you are weaker than a man.

Plain an simple, if a man assaults you in any way, come forward immediately. Waiting 30 years because <insert psychological weakness here> is admitting subjectivity to a man.

Men have no idea. Do your know there are hundreds of thousands of rape kits that are untested and just sit. So yeah, let me go to the police and tell them I was assaulted.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Men have no idea. Do your know there are hundreds of thousands of rape kits that are untested and just sit. So yeah, let me go to the police and tell them I was assaulted.
What are you trying to say?

Old 10-22-2016, 10:33 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:
I've perused your posts in this thread, and other threads just to ensure that I was not mistaken in my replies to you. The last thing I want to do is cast anyone if a negative light... unless they've earned it.

And based on what I've read, you deflect any reply to your assertions as "not being on topic".

If you are pro-HRC, state your reasons. Stand out from the basic Democrat. Tell us about all of the positive attributes of HRC. Just asserting Trump is guilty because of political expediency because you are an HRC supporter is not enough.
First, when did I assert that Trump was guilty?

This thread isn't a "Why Hillary is better" or "Why Trump sucks" thread. Every thread on here seems to devolve into a "my guy is better than your guy" thread, which is pointless. It's much more interesting to discuss the actual topic raised in the thread. Hillary could be the worst candidate of all time and it wouldn't have any bearing on whether Trump is innocent or guilty of these accusations, so I don't see how a discussion of Hillary's merits is relevant.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:35 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times
Quote:

No, it isn't.

Old 10-22-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
First, when did I assert that Trump was guilty?
Quote:
If you don't know whether he is innocent or guilty, then you should assert he is guilty. A basic conversational norm is that assertion is a claim to knowledge.
Your words...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections