Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 07:27 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Because some are not going to be lectured on by people who excused ACTUAL acts of sex by the PRESIDENT in the OVAL OFFICE.
Bill Clinton's sexual acts were consensual and not illegal.

What Trump is being accused of is sexual assault and very much illegal.

BIG difference.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:28 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
I have no idea if Donald Trump is guilty of anything that is alleged, and I'm skeptical that anyone here has any actual knowledge, either. So how is it that so many people here seem to know with certainty that Trump is innocent regarding all of the accusations? At a minimum, wouldn't a position of uncertainty be required?

If you don't know X, you shouldn't assert X. If you don't know Trump is innocent, then you should assert "Trump is innocent." The corollary is also true: if you don't know Trump is guilty, you shouldn't assert that he is.
It's because they cannot bring themselves to accept that their side nominated an unqualified maniac who also happens to be a disgusting person in general.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:32 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
You said innocent until proven guilty. You appear to be backpedaling because it doesn't support your point of view anymore. The FBI Director is not a judge.
The FBI director said there was evidence that Hillary violated the law.

Anyone that followed the espionage investigation against Hillary knows she violated the law, the emails were the smoking gun evidence.

Hillary was proven guilty by the evidence, everybody that followed the investigation knows that.

Hillary wasn't prosecuted, that doesn't mean there wasn't evidence that she violated the law, because there was plenty of evidence.

Hillary wasn't prosecuted because the FBI director added a requirement to the statue that doesn't exist (intent).

None of this changes the fact that there is not a single piece of evidence to back the completely unfounded claims against Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Bill Clinton's sexual acts were consensual and not illegal.

What Trump is being accused of is sexual assault and very much illegal.

BIG difference.

Bill Clinton settled a sexual assault lawsuit against him for nearly a million dollars.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:35 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Because some are not going to be lectured on by people who excused ACTUAL acts of sex by the PRESIDENT in the OVAL OFFICE. Trump was none of the above. How are any of these accusations going to stop him from building the wall he has promised? I might reconsider voting for him if you can answer the question.
OH ... that's one they can't answer.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:40 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Anyone that followed the espionage investigation against Hillary knows she violated the law, the emails were the smoking gun evidence.

Hillary was proven guilty by the evidence, everybody that followed the investigation knows that.

Hillary wasn't prosecuted, that doesn't mean there wasn't evidence that she violated the law, because there was plenty of evidence.

Hillary wasn't prosecuted because the FBI director added a requirement to the statue that doesn't exist (intent).

None of this changes the fact that there is not a single piece of evidence to back the completely unfounded claims against Trump.
Dude. You're reaching. Trump has not been convicted; he just ran his mouth off.

Hillary also has not been convicted. 'Proven guilty by the evidence?' Well, when a court case happens that might be true-but it hasn't.

In both cases, innocent until proven guilty. The Director isn't a judge. You're not a judge (I assume). I'm not a judge.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:40 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
Quote:
No, because none, I say again, none of the accusers have presented a single piece of evidence that their claims are true.

Our western civilization is based on the idea of innocent until proven guilty.

We cannot have a free society unless we are protected from lies, and unfounded claims.
"Innocent until proven guilty" is simply a court standard that means the burden of proof is on the prosecution. It has nothing to do with what conclusions ordinary people should draw about public figures.

If you say "I know Trump didn't do it," that is a far stronger claim than "There is no evidence Trump did it." How can you justify your claim that you know Trump didn't do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Before Trump ran for President NOOOOOOOOOBODY came forward and he was on T.V. a lot and well known. No lawsuits or anything......less than 1 month before a general election they all come out? come on man!!!!

the one in the plane first class is just takes the cake.....she said Trump for 15 minutes was grabbing her a$$ and breasts and trying to kiss her. 15 minutes is a long time without anybody seeing nothing in first class. Even if I tried that with my wife and she was willing people would notice that stuff in a tight space.

When my wife gets upset with me and we are arguing a little in public everybody notices, if I force my self on her for even 1 minute trying to get a kiss she will go off on me in public if she doesn't want me to touch her , it wouldn't take 15 minutes and she is my wife.

I have to question the timing on all of this.
I understand skepticism, but that isn't the same thing as asserting his innocence.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:42 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,171,909 times
Quote:

Your claim was that we should assert people's innocence until they are proven guilty. "Proven guilty" doesn't merely mean hear evidence presented by a prosecutor at a press conference. It means proven guilty in a court of law where one was proper defense representation.

I agree with the other poster -- you are backpedaling.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:43 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
I have no idea if Donald Trump is guilty of anything that is alleged, and I'm skeptical that anyone here has any actual knowledge, either. So how is it that so many people here seem to know with certainty that Trump is innocent regarding all of the accusations? At a minimum, wouldn't a position of uncertainty be required?

If you don't know X, you shouldn't assert X. If you don't know Trump is innocent, then you should assert "Trump is innocent." The corollary is also true: if you don't know Trump is guilty, you shouldn't assert that he is.
There is no such thing as coincidence.

If I believed all these women, I would have to believe the following:
Gloria Allred said she had all the info before politics was involved when she trotted out the first accuser.

Gloria Allred was a delegate for Hillary in the democratic primary.

If Gloria Allred knew, I'm sure Hillary and/or her campaign knew there was this woman prepared to level charges of sexual assault.

If I believe all of them, then the conclusion I must come to is that Gloria, Hillary, her campaign and said assaulter withheld information from the American public with regard to a serious allegation against a candidate running for President. These are the champions of women?

At the final hour they come out with these allegations in a way that is clearly and obviously only for personal political gain while using the woman making the allegations? How stupid do you think women are?

Is Trump a womanizer and possible philanderer? No doubt he could be. Upwards of 50-60% of men(and women) cheat on their spouses. Is he over aggressive in making passes at women he targets or in this case women who put themselves in his zone? Maybe, who knows.

What I do know is that they have redress under the law and apparently nothing he did was so egregious that any one of them so far availed themselves of either sexual harassment or sexual assault laws. Instead, several of them went to his hotel room, dated him after their alleged assault and continued to pursue him after their alleged assault for other personal enrichment such as employment or business.

These so called accusers if they are to be believed, left other women vulnerable to sexual assault by not reporting what they claim to be sexual assault. I have no respect for that and therefore, I am highly skeptical of their claims.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I don't know if he is guilty or innocent. Chances are he did some questionable things.
What I question is the timing. Trump has been a very public figure for a very long time. The alleged victims had numerous opportunities to come forward and they waited until now. I question the veracity of the claims due to the timing and the lengthy delay.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:44 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:

I understand skepticism, but that isn't the same thing as asserting his innocence.

Asserting his innocence????? LMAO!!!! I din't know Trump how to prove his innocence and how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections