U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-12-2016, 08:54 PM
 
39,109 posts, read 20,248,870 times
Reputation: 12659

Advertisements

The people voted Obama in... remember "HOPE & CHANGE"?.. and nothing changed It turned out it was just more of the same and people were angered because they were let down.

This gave birth the the tea party and still nothing changed, Republicans seemed to fold in fear. Bernie Sanders and Trump rose, both of these candidates claiming to represent the people. Bernie claimed he was leading a revolution but Hillary and the DNC put an end to that and Bernie folded and joined Hilary.

Trump is the only one left standing against the status quo, do nothing estabilshment and by fighting he is showing he is not just another politician he's fighting for that change you hoped Obama would accomplish.

This is an election between the people and the status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-12-2016, 09:11 PM
 
Location: United States
10,933 posts, read 5,037,718 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The people voted Obama in... remember "HOPE & CHANGE"?.. and nothing changed It turned out it was just more of the same and people were angered because they were let down.

This gave birth the the tea party and still nothing changed, Republicans seemed to fold in fear. Bernie Sanders and Trump rose, both of these candidates claiming to represent the people. Bernie claimed he was leading a revolution but Hillary and the DNC put an end to that and Bernie folded and joined Hilary.

Trump is the only one left standing against the status quo, do nothing estabilshment and by fighting he is showing he is not just another politician he's fighting for that change you hoped Obama would accomplish.

This is an election between the people and the status quo.
So true.

This election is about change, or the status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 09:16 PM
 
12,707 posts, read 4,594,370 times
Reputation: 5152
Trump is the donor class on steroids. He revers Justice Scalia, a puppet of the donor class, and promises us that he will pick clones of Scalia for the supreme court. Whats so great about that? It means the people will have ZERO influence on public policy for the next decades.

If people want change, people must fight to get big money out of politics, not make the Supreme Court an extension of the affairs of the special interests and lobbyists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-12-2016, 09:17 PM
 
12,707 posts, read 4,594,370 times
Reputation: 5152
THIS is what is needed in America. Everything else is window dressing:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZjcvRfBrdk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 07:01 AM
 
8,640 posts, read 4,658,607 times
Reputation: 2007
Voting for Johnson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 07:06 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The people voted Obama in... remember "HOPE & CHANGE"?.. and nothing changed It turned out it was just more of the same and people were angered because they were let down.

This gave birth the the tea party and still nothing changed, Republicans seemed to fold in fear. Bernie Sanders and Trump rose, both of these candidates claiming to represent the people. Bernie claimed he was leading a revolution but Hillary and the DNC put an end to that and Bernie folded and joined Hilary.

Trump is the only one left standing against the status quo, do nothing estabilshment and by fighting he is showing he is not just another politician he's fighting for that change you hoped Obama would accomplish.

This is an election between the people and the status quo.
"It can't get any worse than it is now"

Oh yes, it can.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 08:45 AM
 
9,490 posts, read 4,843,536 times
Reputation: 3860
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump is the donor class on steroids. He revers Justice Scalia, a puppet of the donor class, and promises us that he will pick clones of Scalia for the supreme court. Whats so great about that? It means the people will have ZERO influence on public policy for the next decades.

If people want change, people must fight to get big money out of politics, not make the Supreme Court an extension of the affairs of the special interests and lobbyists.
You're a joke a minute. If you don't want the Supreme Court to overrule 'the people' we wouldn't have nationwide gay marriage or abortion on demand. This so-called right wing Court gave A-Ok to gay marriage, Obamacare, and a bunch of other liberal causes.


btw, the Clintons with their huge speaking fees, Foundation donations, and campaign contributions are the big money champions, not Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 AM
 
15,300 posts, read 17,497,747 times
Reputation: 13401
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The people voted Obama in... remember "HOPE & CHANGE"?.. and nothing changed

Obamacare isn't change? Whether you like it or not, it's change in a very big way.

Adding $2500 tax credits for each year of college isn't change? That's $10k savings toward a 4 year degree. This isn't change?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM
 
Location: SoCal
12,974 posts, read 6,190,591 times
Reputation: 9528
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Obamacare isn't change? Whether you like it or not, it's change in a very big way.

Adding $2500 tax credits for each year of college isn't change? That's $10k savings toward a 4 year degree. This isn't change?
It makes little difference when college cost is in $60k plus. That's what cheap student loan do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
btw, the Clintons with their huge speaking fees, Foundation donations, and campaign contributions are the big money champions, not Trump.
Huh? Trump expressly admitted to bribing countless politicians for quid pro quo. He doesn't have clean hands. He IS big money.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top