Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:56 AM

8,296 posts, read 3,871,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Its a good thing HRC hid all the evidence of her disgusting character. Good for you, huh.
Are you denying that Trump had connections into the Mob? If so, do you think that's OK? Maybe go back and read it again and give me your answer? I didn't quite get your take on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 08:57 AM

25,628 posts, read 21,800,270 times
When I saw "mob" I thought it would be about the Clintons. I have seen them referred to as a crime family: Hillary Clinton & Bill Clinton and also a "mob": The Clinton Mob - Criminal Empire of Bill and Hillary Clinton

So, I guess you would have to look at the power behind each candidate to decide who would have the strongest ties. Which party is responsible for excessive violence, tampering in the primaries, etc. to decide who may or may not really be connected to winning an election using criminal methods.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:58 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
How many threads are you dems going to post on this?

How many threads have there been so far, 10 now?
Would you please post the links to the 10 threads.

I did a quick check, though there have been several threads about the "Clinton mafia," I could find only three about Trump's mafia connections, including one from last year.

Two others were from this past spring about Trump's relationship with Felix Sater who pleaded guilty to racketeering in a fraud scheme involving the Genovese and Bonanno crime families.

I'd be glad to bump those up if you'd like.

Might be insightful discussions to be had given that next month Trump will be testifying in court in a racketeering case involving fraud.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Would you please post the links to the 10 threads.

I did a quick check, though there have been several threads about the "Clinton mafia," I could find only three about Trump's mafia connections, including one from last year.

Two others were from this past spring about Trump's relationship with Felix Sater who pleaded guilty in 1998 to racketeering in a fraud scheme involving the Genovese and Bonanno crime families.

I'd be glad to bump those up if you'd like.

Might be insightful discussions to be had given that next month Trump will be testifying in court in a racketeering case involving fraud.
You must have more time on your hands than I do :-) I doubted that statement but usually I don't bother to fact check anything the cultists say. Had not heard about the racketeering case, I will have to go check that out.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,161,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
In addition to clients Tony Salerno, Carmine Galante, and John Gotti, Roy Cohn was the legal hit man for red-baiting Sen. Joe McCarthy "whose reign of televised intimidation in the 1950s has become synonymous with demagoguery, fear-mongering and character assassination.

‘He Brutalized For You’ - POLITICO Magazine

He was a member of the John Birch Society and a principal figure in the Western Goals Foundation, "a private intelligence dissemination network active on the right-wing in the United States. It was wound up in 1986, when the Tower Commission revealed it had been part of Oliver North's Iran–Contra funding network."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Cohn

Cohn represented Trump in legal battles, introduced Trump to New York power brokers, money men and socialites, and taught Trump "how to exploit power and instill fear through a simple formula: attack, counterattack and never apologize."

"Trump has used such tactics more aggressively than any other candidate in recent memory, demeaning opponents, insulting minorities and women, and whipping up anger among his supporters."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...65c_story.html
I remember when Roy Cohn died--I lived in NYC.

He was so detested for his scumbag activities, that not only did people not care--they thought it was deserved karma.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When I saw "mob" I thought it would be about the Clintons.
Well, it's never too late to learn about these things is it?

You might like this link it's from Fox News on this topic, as well as other Trump nefarious connections. Maybe you missed it the first time, re-posting it here:

Top Trump business adviser admitted role in Mafia-linked stock fraud scheme | Fox News

Fox News reporting on this, that's crazy. Maybe the Clintons hacked Fox News and planted the article? How do you explain this?

Old 10-13-2016, 09:05 AM

4,840 posts, read 4,125,564 times
Lots of past presidents have had ties to the mob...

Was Kennedy Tied to the Mob? - Killing Kennedy Article - National Geographic Channel

Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I remember when Roy Cohn died--I lived in NYC.

He was so detested for his scumbag activities, that not only did people not care--they thought it was deserved karma.
I never heard of him before Donald Trump decided to run for President. But everything I have found scares the crap out of me. That guy was truly evil. More than anything else that I have learned about Trump, the fact that he admired Cohn so much is the most disturbing, and reveals the most about Trump's character.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:12 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Well, it's never too late to learn about these things is it?

You might like this link it's from Fox News on this topic, as well as other Trump nefarious connections. Maybe you missed it the first time, re-posting it here:

Top Trump business adviser admitted role in Mafia-linked stock fraud scheme | Fox News

Fox News reporting on this, that's crazy. Maybe the Clintons hacked Fox News and planted the article? How do you explain this?
It's so hard to keep up.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Lots of past presidents have had ties to the mob...
What's your point? If we had the Internet back then we would probably not have elected Kennedy either, if was shown that he had strong ties to the Mob. You can't get by with that these days, fortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections