Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2016, 08:16 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,793,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here's how I see it:

I've been around this kind of talk before. I was in the military, you hear this kind of talk, and far, FAR worse, all. the. time. I was 18 years old, fresh out of high school, pretty dang naive, had not spent a lot of time hanging out with guys before that. I had 2 brothers, but we were all off doing our own things, and the only time we were ever together by the time we reached 11th and 12th grade was at the dinner table. So what they talked about with other guys, who knows, I don't care.

When I first heard the things come out of the mouths of my fellow soldiers in regards to every female that they saw on the street as we were shuttled back to base after a 12 hour shift, yes, I was shocked. I openly admit that I was quite shocked. Keep in mind, what they said was 100 times worse than anything Trump has said. I will also openly admit that it didn't make me feel really good about being a female. To me it seemed that guys only wanted one thing from us and after that, get them a beer, make them a sandwich, shut the hell up, and get the hell out of their way. I get that....if you're 18. Or 19. I would even give you up to early 20s to be shocked. Heck, these days the girls have heard that talk and worse long before they ever hit 18...and have quite the mouth to prove it. Still, I will give benefit of the doubt.

After that? Unless you've been living in some sheltered world, I have no idea how you haven't heard guys talk like this. I've heard it at work, I've heard it in school, (university/college I mean), I've heard it when we went out for drinks, I've heard it at concerts, I've heard it at the movies, I've overheard it just sitting down in the Seattle Center on a nice afternoon with friends. Not as bad as the military guys, but things like Trump said.

How is it that all of these grown ladies, in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and on are so gutted by this? Acting like they are incapable of functioning after hearing such things?

The first time ever hearing it? I'll give you that, it is shocking. After awhile though, you think to yourself that it's just talk. Well, you can think one of two ways: You can think that all guys are total scum who hate females and disrespect all of them because they talk lewd when around other guys, or, you can think that it's not true that they are all scum because even if they do say things like that, it is nothing more than bragging. Guys make sh** up all the time and brag. That's what guys do. They brag about every damn thing that they can, they make things up, they talk about how great they are all the time. Guys don't tend to have the self esteem issues that females have, because are always talking about how great they are.

And let's not even pretend that there aren't females out there who talk some nasty trash themselves. I've heard far more than I have EVER wanted to hear from females. I don't particularly care to listen to what they have done or things that they use or view photos of their bachelorette parties that are fricken gross...but I don't sit there and think that the person is a complete disgusting putrid pos because of it. I think they are a little too into debauchery, and I think it's all pretty...blech, but I don't judge the entirety of the person based on stupid crap like that.

It's funny, because I don't like that stuff, I've always been called a prude, and here we are, me wondering why others are acting so prudish over what is, really, locker room talk.

It's just words. Trump did not assault anyone. Some people need to stop with the drama.
I think you equating hearing crude language with hearing someone express his belief that he has the ability to make uninvited advances on women.

I have no issue with crude language, What is upsetting in knowing what it is like to be on the other side of those advances. It doesn't even have to be particularly crude or aggressive to have an effect. When it happens, it's the thoughts that go through your head that are damaging. What did I say or do that made him do that? Is what happened really as bad as I think? Should I tell someone what happened? Am I overreacting? Why did I put myself in that situation? Then the shame and doubt can start to affect the way you live your life. You start to be suspicious of the men you come in contact with, you always try to make sure you're not in a situation where something can happen, you mentally prepare to hear a comment when you walk by a group of men on the street.

What's worst of all is that after a time you come to believe that this is just the way things are. You think you're lucky because you weren't physically hurt, and you feel foolish about feeling bad because there are women out there that have been physically hurt and surely what happen to you isn't as bad as that. You then eventually forget about it and live your life until something happens to bring back the feeling again, and for a lot of women it was hearing someone say

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 08:17 PM

381 posts, read 177,234 times
Sounds like a good speech. I can not only sympathize but can relate as a woman and have been in a situation that went much beyond groping in my childhood unfortunately--but where does any of this get us? Trump's comments should not be defended and if he did in fact act out any of it, shame on him, and I will never defend it. But all of these people have skeletons in their closet and this holier than thou attitude really gets us nowhere, especially when like others have already mentioned, she's invited rappers to the White House and is friends with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Jay-Z has explicit lyrics directed toward women in his lyrics, while the latter uses names like Becky to refer to white women. Yeah, I know Jay Z and Beyonce aren't running for president, but Trump wasn't either when he said those comments.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:19 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Trump said it in private. Wonder what everyone would be caught saying if they had a hot mic following them around, including the suddenly tender-eared Michelle Obama.
It was not a private conversation. It was a tv show, Access Hollywood, and he had mic on, which as luck would have it, was working. There was even a camera involved at one point

Nor was it just dirty talk about women, though it was that as well. Trump talked about forcing himself on women.

Then at Sunday's debate, Trump denied ever forcing himself on women and we all set our watches.

Trump is now threatening to sue a couple of newspapers and Mrs. Trump is threatening to sue People magazine.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:20 PM

254 posts, read 145,916 times
She was shocked SHOCKED to hear such language. Yet her and her Husband are good friends with Jay Z and hang out together.

Here are the lyrics to a Jay-Z song called "*****":

Quote:
"*****"

[Chorus (Jay-Z)]
The power of the P-U-S-S-Y,
Thatz why every muther****a in the world dress fly.
Every baller
that can afford it they cop the best ride, for the power of the P-U-S-S-Y.
(Let's have some fun)
The power of the P-U-S-S-Y, thatz why *****z get they hair cut, try to dress fly.
Every baller that can afford it he cop the best ride.
For the Power of the P-U-S-S-Y.

[Jay-Z]
I-I know this girl we call her Sweet Cooch Brown.
Hands down mami had the bombest ***** in town.
One dip in the girl pool, thatz all it took.
One sample of the snappa and ya ass was whooped.
Have you buyin Gucci sandals matchin pocketbooks.
Blowin up her beeper, ringin her phone off the hook.
Ball playaz they spent money, rappers they spent time.
All the while both claimin that they never spent a dime.
Buisness guys you were victimised.
Have 'em payin rent on condos in a Miami High Rise.
They ask her, "Who *****'s this?"
Look her right in her eyes.
She say, "This *****'s yours, Daddy"
Tell 'em nothin but lies.
Ha! They didn't believe it, but they wanted to.
Needed to. She had the type of body that you didn't want leavin you.
So they ignored all her flirtin ways and put a ring on her finger.
I'm like, "Earth to Dave!"

[Chorus]

[R. Kelly]
Naw..I ain't no rapper but I'mma sing my ****
when it comes down to that muther****in click click click.
*****z I tick tick tick, turn on ya quick quick quick.
And thatz why I be givin mami much dick dick dick.
While yall chumps be coppin diamonds and fur and all that,
Fiendin for this ***** as if yall was on crack.
When it comes to the truth, I can't hold back.
Ya'll cats (?) hittin these broads need to be smacked.
It's this ***** named Monroe that I know from way back.
He hit the lotto, bought this girl a Cadillac.
Now this ***** be creepin behind this *****z back.
Me bust his nut guess what he still took this ***** back.
Three things *****z love...money, *****, and drugs.
Can't get one without the other unless you soft and in love.
Yall take it from a ***** who's done all the above.
*****z it the lesbian R&B thug.

[Chorus]

[Devin the Dude]
The P is for the pearl tongue that I like to tickle.
The U is for uterus, down deep in the middle.
SS is so slippery when I go up inside.
*****'s good and if you gettin some I know you know Y.
See I got my first shot when I was bout 7.
Her father called my house he said,
"I need to talk to yo son Devin.
My daughter she's 11 and she goes to the same school that yo son goes to.
And she said today she got screwed."
But my daddy answer the phone so no drama, and all he said was,
"No ****! Let me talk to that girl mama!"
Then i was suspended 3 day, tooken from school.
It was like a vacation.
*****z lookin at ***** at the pool in our apartments.
I started hittin hard when I was small.
Let me recite a story lesson for all of yall.
See *****'s like a wound it would never heal,
the more ointment you put on then the better it feels.
Cuz it's...

[Chorus]
[R. Kelly]
Oh yeah.
*****z will do anything for some *****.
Hey Hey Hey!
Oh! See it don't matter who you are,
where you from, in this life at some point ya gonna wanna get you some.
Yes you will.
Ooo. Oh! I know.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:32 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymdnv View Post
I think you equating hearing crude language with hearing someone express his belief that he has the ability to make uninvited advances on women.

"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."
There are so many aspects of what Trump said that disgust me, I agree with you it is not the LANGUAGE or the WORDS that disturb me. It is the way that Trump casually dismisses these women as his playthings, there is not a shred of affection or kindness in this sick POS. His joy in life is to control people and to use them and to degrade them. It has very little to do with sex, it has all to do with satisfying his pathological need to dominate anyone that he views to be a loser; in this case, women.

He is using us in exactly the same way, to get himself elected. Does anyone really think that he gives a flying f*** about you or me? Why would he? He has never cared about anyone other than himself for his entire life.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:33 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Default CNN headline "the closer"

Headline how michele will "finish off" trump. No mention of the rapper with the nasty lyrics who's walking around the white house and how michele is being hypocritical.

No mention of rape video or Podesta's cryptic e mail and god knows what else is out there.

i guess if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, it didn't really make a sound.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:36 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There are so many aspects of what Trump said that disgust me, I agree with you it is not the LANGUAGE or the WORDS that disturb me. It is the way that Trump casually dismisses these women as his playthings, there is not a shred of affection or kindness in this sick POS. His joy in life is to control people and to use them and to degrade them. It has very little to do with sex, it has all to do with satisfying his pathological need to dominate anyone that he views to be a loser; in this case, women.

He is using us in exactly the same way, to get himself elected. Does anyone really think that he give a flying f*** about you or me? Why would he? He has never cared about anyone other than himself for his entire life.
if you make the case that trump is a bad guy, you still have to elect one of them, its hard for me to understand how trumps stuff 'trumps' that of the clintons and what they're involved in, if you can explain it, i'd love to listen.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:53 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
So CNN didn't report about a rapper walking around the White House with nasty lyrics ( would it be OK if the lyrics were not nasty?) and also did not report on "god knows what else is out there"

Uh, OK

and if you heard Michelles speech and had female friends posting their stories about abuse on FB after hearing it you might have a small clue about just how good a speech it was

Old 10-13-2016, 08:55 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
So CNN didn't report about a rapper walking around the White House with nasty lyrics ( would it be OK if the lyrics were not nasty?) and also did not report on "god knows what else is out there"

Uh, OK

and if you heard Michelles speech and had female friends posting their stories about abuse on FB after hearing it you might have a small clue about just how good a speech it was
Don't you get it, no one is condemning Trump for uttering foul language. Everybody does that. Big deal.

But kissing and kitty grabbing without consent is what everyone is outraged about. Don't you see the line of demarcation?

Mick

Old 10-13-2016, 08:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"I'm officially done with the "she's so flawed but she is the lesser of two evils" rhetoric. Cause, you know, I'm flawed. And you are flawed. And Bernie Sanders is flawed and Barack Obama is flawed and even Michelle Obama is flawed. But the difference between all of them and me--and probably you, is that they have all given their flawed lives to public service. And now, they are all working together in their inevitably flawed ways, to save all of us, and the whole world from a sociopathic narcissist. And every day, Hillary puts a hopefully unflawed bullet proof vest on her flawed and aging and sometimes unsmiling self and stands up in front of people who have been incited by her opponent to shoot her, and she says calm and rational and intelligent (and sometimes flawed) things about how to make a difference. In my book that makes her a ****ing rock star. And in the words of another flawed and resilient rock star: There is a crack in everything. That's where the light gets in." Pam Houston

I wish I had written this.

A crack? You wish.

There's more than a crack in that vile hag--the object of your adoration.

Some of us have been around long enough to remember her trail of lies, scandals, and the corrupt people she has always chosen to surround herself with. And the thinking people among us are not teary-eyed about her "giving her life to public service." Some might look at that as slurping at the public trough--from the day she represented, in a public defender capacity, a guy who raped and beat a 12-year-old into a 5-day coma, then laughed when remarking that his passing of a polygraph test "forever changed [her] opinion about polygraphs." This from someone who presents herself to useful idiots as a champion of women and children.

A "rock star," huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections