Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 05:19 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,083,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Judging from the numerous breathless threads here which promise all kinds of juicy revelations but produce absolutely nothing, I'd say Wikileaks has been a great big fat failure by way of producing anything incriminating against Hillary.

What does the cult have left to hang their hopes on now?
No, it has not been a failure at all. It has verified what we already suspected to be the truth, which leaves no room for saying that it produced absolutely nothing.

The cult? You mean those that follow the trail of horse poopy that Hillary spreads for them? Well, I am not sure there is anything left for them to hope for except that Hillary's cult has a way for her to cheat to a win. I had thought they probably had a bullet proof plan, but all the silly nonsense they are doing right now by bringing in women who claim that Trump "touched" them 40 years ago pretty much means I was wrong and they are chasing their tails trying to keep hope alive.

I would say the verification by wikileaks of what we already suspected will leave many not going to the polls in disgust of the Democratic nominee and also the Democratic party for allowing this nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 05:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree.

I wonder if these stolen emails are having much of an affect on the 'undecided' voters. Some may find it odd that only Democratic operatives (e.g. DNC) are being hacked and the stolen emails released via Wikileaks, while, to date, the Republican operatives have not been hacked; if course, it is possible that some Republicans emails have been stolen, and forwarded to Wikileaks, but said organization has opted to not release them.

Each day that Wikileaks releases more stolen emails is yet another day that I, for one, am reminded of this odd coincidence. Everyday at a rally Donald John Trump gleefully refers to these stolen emails, and everyday he neglects to, at the least, say "Now, we must recall that these emails were stolen."

Many Americans believe in 'fair play', and as election day approaches, with these emails being released, some may say "This is not right", and punish Mr. Trump at the polls.
The undecided voter is likely to be one that reviews the truth about candidates and already know there is a lot of garbage done in politics. So, I think it doubtful Wikileaks stuff going to influence many of their eventual decisions.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:26 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,920,745 times
Quote:
I agree.

I wonder if these stolen emails are having much of an affect on the 'undecided' voters. Some may find it odd that only Democratic operatives (e.g. DNC) are being hacked and the stolen emails released via Wikileaks, while, to date, the Republican operatives have not been hacked; if course, it is possible that some Republicans emails have been stolen, and forwarded to Wikileaks, but said organization has opted to not release them.

Each day that Wikileaks releases more stolen emails is yet another day that I, for one, am reminded of this odd coincidence. Everyday at a rally Donald John Trump gleefully refers to these stolen emails, and everyday he neglects to, at the least, say "Now, we must recall that these emails were stolen."

Many Americans believe in 'fair play', and as election day approaches, with these emails being released, some may say "This is not right", and punish Mr. Trump at the polls.
You are right about that. I trust our intelligence agencies to get to the bottom of it. There is already some pretty good indications that this was Russia. Personally I think it is unlikely that Trump directed it, but there is no doubt he is benefiting from it. Of course if that connection could be proven that would overshadow Watergate.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:28 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,317,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You are right about that. I trust our intelligence agencies to get to the bottom of it. There is already some pretty good indications that this was Russia. Personally I think it is unlikely that Trump directed it, but there is no doubt he is benefiting from it. Of course if that connection could be proven that would overshadow Watergate.
Trump/Putin 2016 - Make Russia Great Again!!!!!

Ken

Old 10-15-2016, 05:35 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,206,347 times
Problem with the leaks is the guy hiding in an Embassy to avoid a trial. The other problem is the disturbing feeling that privacy is gone no matter how much you do to protect themselves.

Finally there is no proof that the emails have not been changed by the hacks who stole them.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:48 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
I disagree that that will have the impact you're implying. Until there is evidence directly tying supporting the election of Republicans to the hackers, or the hackers or the Russian government is hacked unearthing evidence of foreign agents seeking to directly affect the result of the election, the fact that these emails were stolen and emails from the Trump campaign were not stolen won't register for the majority of undecided voters. That's one reason why the point is made often that this year's campaign is dirtier than in previous year, since so much of what's affecting undecided voters are influences that would not have existed if "fair play" prevailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The undecided voter is likely to be one that reviews the truth about candidates and already know there is a lot of garbage done in politics. So, I think it doubtful Wikileaks stuff going to influence many of their eventual decisions.
That's a good point, but if two people have mud thrown on them but one of those people had the mud thrown on them in their own home, with no photos taken, while the other had the mud thrown on them in public, with images of them with the mud all over them projected across the sky, there's going to be some difference in impact of being strewn with mud between the two people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I had thought they probably had a bullet proof plan, but all the silly nonsense they are doing right now by bringing in women who claim that Trump "touched" them 40 years ago pretty much means I was wrong and they are chasing their tails trying to keep hope alive.
While there is evidence that a Trump supporter paid the expenses of a Bill Clinton accuser, there is no evidence that the Clinton campaign has paid anyone anything for those accusing Donald Trump of sexual assault to come forward. I'm not saying that the Clinton campaign is unhappy about these women doing so, but your insinuation that the campaign is involved, in the absence of your casting aspersions on Trump supporters for perhaps paying for Bill Clinton's accusers to come forward, is hypocrisy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would say the verification by wikileaks ...
There is no such thing as "verification by wikileaks". By definition, WikiLeaks is suspicion. Verification requires evidence with demonstrable chain of custody. It is this kind of corruption of truth in the interest of a partisan perspective that keeps a lot of Trump supporters enthusiastically tied to their candidate.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:56 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Wikileaks hasn't been a bust. It's the biased corrupt news media that refuses to report on them that makes them seem inconsequential. And, the reason they haven't is because a lot of the scandals involve them acting in a corrupt manner.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Problem with the leaks is the guy hiding in an Embassy to avoid a trial. The other problem is the disturbing feeling that privacy is gone no matter how much you do to protect themselves.

Finally there is no proof that the emails have not been changed by the hacks who stole them.
I don't understand why Assange left the fakes so long and dry instead of throwing in some juicy short Bombshells:

To Huma: You and Anthony tonight, 8:00 pm. Bring handcuffs. Love, H.

To George Soros: Our Ukraine insurrection didn't go as planned. Where should we try next ? Thanks for the $10 million. You're the best. H.

To Libyan Embassy: I'll see you all during my victory tour next month. We can discuss additional security for Benghazi and more arms for Syrian rebels then. Stay safe. H.

Old 10-15-2016, 06:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So blatant collusion between the Hillary campaign and media outlets ISN'T of interest during an election?
Not as much as the blatant collusion between Trump and his campaign and the RUSSIAN media arm for disinformation (which is the current politically laundered term for propaganda) when he quotes from a Sputnik-altered WikiLeaks document...that is way-more significant than the data from that dump--that was likely doctored to suit Putin's purpose in other instances...

Trump is being played like Billie Jean King did Bobby Riggs, like the Pistons beat the Lakers in Game 3/2004 NBA Finals, Arthur Ashe beat Jimmy Conners at Wimbledon, Patton beat Rommel in North Africa, and Cersei psyched the High Sparrow...
He is a tool in both meanings of the word...fool and implement of one of the world's most dangerous men...
If he wins and has to function as a President in our democratic government, he is likely to get into so much trouble he will be impeached the first year...
He is a narcissistic bully and that ain't good for the US or the world...

Old 10-15-2016, 06:18 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't understand why Assange left the fakes so long and dry instead of throwing in some juicy short Bombshells
Anything that is that easily discreditable would shine a light on the tactic and undercut the credence any reasonable person would give to any of the disclosures that they ever release.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections