U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 PM

21,481 posts, read 14,387,730 times

Advertisements

Gotta remember the source. Assange desperately wants to escape the Ecuadoran embassy in London and become free again.

I'm not saying any of the dump was edited, but it's very possible the dump was edited. Julian Assange, after all, would like to damage Clinton, as she was one of the administration that wanted him arrested and brought here for trial. Hillary wan't the only one, of course, but she's the only one who's now running for President, and as Secretary of State, she knows the Ecuadoran ambassador, knows the British ambassador, and knows the right levers of power to pull.

So Assange could, after the election, be turned over to some U.S. Marshals and delivered up to our justice system. Or, at the President's command, the Marshals could deliver him to the Swedish embassy in London, and he would be flying there to meet justice first before we get a shot at him. Before or after he does prison time in Sweden, depending on which nation would whack him the hardest.

Now, if I was in Julian's shoes, I would be watching the election with great attention, especially since Clinton is in the lead. And I would do my very best to discredit her in the largest way I could. The little room in the embassy isn't real swell, but it's a lot better than a prison cell. Or two, both far from his Australian home.

I would be hoping there may be a way to slip away if Trump wins, while he's deciding on new Secretary of State and ambassadors and such. There may be a way right then when I could flee by my chinny-chin-chin, and I've already had plenty of time to decide where to run to if I can just get loose for a day or two.

If Hillary wins, she knows how to stop him from scampering away. And all the ambassadors who were appointed by Obama are much more likely to stay on their posts while she's putting her administration together. Not good things for Assange at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 10:51 PM

1,373 posts, read 822,071 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ic-for-months/

Old 10-13-2016, 10:56 PM

7,247 posts, read 4,678,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
Get it through your heads - nobody gives a ***. Because no matter how despicable she is, she's still about 12 orders of magnitude better than Trump. And nothing any of you can do or say can ever possibly fix that.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:01 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,460,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Gotta remember the source. Assange desperately wants to escape the Ecuadoran embassy in London and become free again.

I'm not saying any of the dump was edited, but it's very possible the dump was edited. Julian Assange, after all, would like to damage Clinton, as she was one of the administration that wanted him arrested and brought here for trial. Hillary wan't the only one, of course, but she's the only one who's now running for President, and as Secretary of State, she knows the Ecuadoran ambassador, knows the British ambassador, and knows the right levers of power to pull.

So Assange could, after the election, be turned over to some U.S. Marshals and delivered up to our justice system. Or, at the President's command, the Marshals could deliver him to the Swedish embassy in London, and he would be flying there to meet justice first before we get a shot at him. Before or after he does prison time in Sweden, depending on which nation would whack him the hardest.

Now, if I was in Julian's shoes, I would be watching the election with great attention, especially since Clinton is in the lead. And I would do my very best to discredit her in the largest way I could. The little room in the embassy isn't real swell, but it's a lot better than a prison cell. Or two, both far from his Australian home.

I would be hoping there may be a way to slip away if Trump wins, while he's deciding on new Secretary of State and ambassadors and such. There may be a way right then when I could flee by my chinny-chin-chin, and I've already had plenty of time to decide where to run to if I can just get loose for a day or two.

If Hillary wins, she knows how to stop him from scampering away. And all the ambassadors who were appointed by Obama are much more likely to stay on their posts while she's putting her administration together. Not good things for Assange at all.
she's discrediting herself, he doesn't need to do it, that would suggest he's making things up, we know he's not.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:01 PM

8,071 posts, read 5,397,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Get it through your heads - nobody gives a ***. Because no matter how despicable she is, she's still about 12 orders of magnitude better than Trump. And nothing any of you can do or say can ever possibly fix that.
Maybe it's time to go to sleep.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:05 PM

6,981 posts, read 4,460,605 times
Quote:
you're silly. There's no comparison as to who's worse, the real estate broker with the loud mouth who talks big about women but is too afraid to even approach one and the crime boss family that's been crime-ing it up for decades on your watch, an american citizen, one family has been taking tens of millions of corruption money, you don't even know 1 percent of what they've done, who they have harmed and how they've given America the shaft. Trump is a private citizen, anything he says or does is his own business, he's not harming america, he's paying his taxes and creating tens of thousands of jobs, the other one's claim to fame is that she married a man who went on to become president, she's done nothing good in her years as a public servant, she's a talentless hack who sells her soul to the highest bidder, her corruption is deep and troubling, trump's not accepting bribes and even if he was, he's not accepting them as an elected official.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:05 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,185,645 times
Quote:

I think it is more like "100 orders of magnitude better than Trump. " Assange has an agenda, and it it to save his own butt.

As far as you guys claiming that Assange being charged does not automatically make him guilty, true. However, Hillary has not even been charged and you have her tried, convicted, and sentenced.

Can't have it both ways, guys.

Don

Old 10-13-2016, 11:08 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,888,825 times
Quote:
So Its Ok to have a private sever that cause National secrets leaked, Americans died in Benghazi, the intent of destroy evidence, Covering the rapes of Bill Clinton and Play to Pay?

Trump is far from perfect but the Establishment does not have their fingers wraped around Trump!

Clinton is Evil in every sense of the word.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:15 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,915,681 times
Quote:
What does the US have to do with it? It's Sweden that has a warrant out for him.

Do you guys ever actually read anything other than headlines?
What's a riot is that Sarah Palin said a couple of years ago that he should be treated like any terrorist. Now the Republicans are defending him.

He violated U.S. laws by committing espionage, but whether or not he could be charged had always been questionable since he is not a U.S. citizen and was not in the U.S. at the time.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:18 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,915,681 times
Quote:
What does the US have to do with it? It's Sweden that has a warrant out for him.

Do you guys ever actually read anything other than headlines?
What's a riot is that [URL="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1334341/WikiLeaks-Sarah-Palin-demands-Julian-Assange-hunted-like-Al-Qaeda-terrorist.html"]Sarah Palin said[/URL] a couple of years ago that he should be treated like any terrorist. Now the Republicans are defending him.

I remember when a [URL="https://www.crikey.com.au/2010/12/10/congressman-who-called-for-killing-of-julian-assange-is-an-ira-supporter/"]Republican Congressman[/URL] said he should be killed.

What was that you wrote about headlines?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections