Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 09:16 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, let me add; when I was sexually abused I didn't wait 20 years to report it. I told my family right away. I told my husband before we were married about it. Why anyone would wait makes no sense to me.
1. You clearly had supportive parents. I couldn't even tell my parents I was raped when I was in high school because the consequences would have been heinous. They're narcissists, just like Trump, btw.

2. Were your abusers people with infinite resources to go after you legally for libel or slander?

3. Was your job, career, or livelihood at risk?

The vast majority of people who are molested or raped do not report it. It's shocking that, as a woman, you can't understand why. One of his accusers was DOXXED by a major pundit. You don't understand why someone might not report with the promise of additional threats, abuse, and reliving the trauma? Really? Really?

Now, granted, I don't think these comments are such a big deal in the grand scheme. They're just reinforcing the brand Trump has set up around himself for the past 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2016, 09:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Stockholm Syndrome. Conservative women, especially those who are trapped in the Bible Belt, are captive to the misogynistic culture that surrounds them and convinces them that they are less than men. I feel for all of these Conservative women and hope one day they get the help they need to overcome this terrible malady that keeps them bound to the Republican party.

And judging by the huge lead Clinton has over Trump with women overall, it appears many of them are waking up to this fact at last. So thank you, Mr. Trump. It took a real pig to turn so many rightwing woman against the GOP. And you, sir, are a real pig.
Wait until all those refugees and illegals start treating women like they do in their own country. You people seem to not be paying attention to what is happening to women by illegals in our country, as the number of these minorities grow it will get worse. We can all thank you women who thought a better class of men would fix America. My only hope is all of you with young women in your family realize you voted for their destruction and destroying their country while you lived a life of comfort on the backs of those who tried to stop it.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If you are a female and a victim of sexual abuse, it makes no sense to vote for a man who brags about sexually assaulting women. I hope she gets some psychological help.
Hillary attacked the women Bill Clinton molested and raped. We even know that Bill Clinton brought this behavior to the White house. Bill Clinton denied it.. and the blue dress with dna of Bill Clinton was proof he committed sexual acts and lied about it. Bill Clinton had this behavior in college and documented for 30 years of his attacks on women. He denied, denied and denied . There was no DNA in those days.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:25 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Reminds me of the letters to Playboy magazine from years ago.
The problem with some women they think this doesn't happen to men also. My husband happens to be very good looking. I was shocked at what women would ask him right in front of me. When I wasn't around they were even more outward. Even after we had children women did not mind flirting and making unwanted advances. These actions are not limited to precious women only!

Old 10-15-2016, 09:28 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wait until all those refugees and illegals start treating women like they do in their own country. You people seem to not be paying attention to what is happening to women by illegals in our country, as the number of these minorities grow it will get worse. We can all thank you women who thought a better class of men would fix America. My only hope is all of you with young women in your family realize you voted for their destruction and destroying their country while you lived a life of comfort on the backs of those who tried to stop it.
True. My neighbor in NJ could not sit on her porch without illegals walking by saying sexual things to her. She did not feel save in a beach community on the Jersey Shore. She no longer felt comfortable to sit on her porch as many would walk by drunk with saying lewd things to her and making kissing sounds toward her. It changed drastically for her and she felt unsafe taking a walk over to the marina promenade just around the block.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:55 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
True. My neighbor in NJ could not sit on her porch without illegals walking by saying sexual things to her. She did not feel save in a beach community on the Jersey Shore. She no longer felt comfortable to sit on her porch as many would walk by drunk with saying lewd things to her and making kissing sounds toward her. It changed drastically for her and she felt unsafe taking a walk over to the marina promenade just around the block.
Imagine a country where it is widely known that the president supports illegals coming into the country. Where hundreds of thousands of refugees are welcomed and are spread throughout the nation. Where SJWs and groups such as BLM are empowered. Where support for law enforcement is eroded. Where Border Patrol is simply a welcoming committee. Where gun manufacturers are sued when one of their guns is used to commit murder. Where increasing restrictions are placed on gun ownership. Where citizens continue to be demonized for expressing concern about the affects on their communities by illegals and refugees. When "accommodations" are made specifically to keep women safe (read about separate train cars in.......Germany I think).

Think about the implications of illegal and refugee populations that reproduce at greater rates than the American population, and what that means for this country in another 20 years.

Old 10-15-2016, 09:56 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And, how many of the threads here have been started by trumpists who are not paying any attention to the issues? Can we just say 'lots of them'?
I'm guessing 99.9%

These folks are tribesmen. They just want their tribe in like a NFL fan wants their team in the super bowl.
Screw what is best for the country as a whole. Its about all about me! The 30% that psychologists call the envious/greedy group.

They have no grasp of the issues, just making up crap as they go a long. Some one mentioned Trump had an issue with coke cause of the sniffing. The morons then spread rumors that Hilary is a coke head. BTW as much as I despise Trump/ I think his issues with the sniffing is a reaction to his lying. Nothing to do with drugs. He does it almost every time he makes a statement, during a debate. And he can't tell the truth if his life depended on it. But lying is so ingrained in his being, he isn't even aware he lies.

Its all the media's fault! While their fearless leader blows his mouth off like a 13 year old boy.

Hilary has a long list of successes in her 30+ years of public office. But these people are NOT fact based, only concern is their team wins!

After all we know about Trump's sexual assaults, women that have been assaulted and are still are voting for him are deeply damaged individuals. I am guessing they never got mental help around the sexual assaults.
If my husband, with all this info about Trump, still decided to vote for Trump. We'd be getting divorced. This shows a very deep lack of respect for women.

Let's use some critical thinking skills. Bill Clinton isn't running for office, his terms are over. So bring him up is just smoke and mirrors some of us can see right through.

And they family of the Bengahazi ambassador has asked the public dozens of times to DROP that issue. He knew he was going into very dangerous territory. Everything happened so fast. But yet their desires to not relive this, don't mean a thing to Trump voters.

Trust me, there is much more to come out about Trump.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:02 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I'm guessing 99.9%

These folks are tribesmen. They just want their tribe in like a NFL fan wants their team in the super bowl.
Screw what is best for the country as a whole. Its about all about me! The 30% that psychologists call the envious/greedy group.

They have no grasp of the issues, just making up crap as they go a long. Some one mentioned Trump had an issue with coke cause of the sniffing. The morons then spread rumors that Hilary is a coke head. BTW as much as I despise Trump/ I think his issues with the sniffing is a reaction to his lying. Nothing to do with drugs. He does it almost every time he makes a statement, during a debate. And he can't tell the truth if his life depended on it. But lying is so ingrained in his being, he isn't even aware he lies.

Its all the media's fault! While their fearless leader blows his mouth off like a 13 year old boy.

Hilary has a long list of successes in her 30+ years of public office. But these people are NOT fact based, only concern is their team wins!

After all we know about Trump's sexual assaults, women that are still are voting for him are deeply damaged individuals. I am guessing they never got mental help around the sexual assaults.
If my husband, with all this info about Trump, still decided to vote for Trump. We'd be getting divorced. This shows a very deep lack of respect for women.

Let's use some critical thinking skills. Bill Clinton isn't running for office, his terms are over. So bring him up is just smoke and mirrors some of us can see right through.

And they family of the Bengahazi ambassador has asked the public dozens of times to DROP that issue. He knew he was going into very dangerous territory. Everything happened so fast. But yet their desires to not relive this, don't mean a thing to Trump voters.

Trust me, there is much more to come out about Trump.
It's crazy how people can think someone who's filed four separate bankrupties and shuttered almost a dozen other companies is actually a good captain for the largest economy is the world.

Let's have the guy who lost millions trying to sell mail-order steaks in a tech magazine decide how we should best compete on the international stage.

Last edited by EddieB.Good; 10-15-2016 at 10:13 AM..

Old 10-15-2016, 10:07 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Stockholm Syndrome. Conservative women, especially those who are trapped in the Bible Belt, are captive to the misogynistic culture that surrounds them and convinces them that they are less than men. I feel for all of these Conservative women and hope one day they get the help they need to overcome this terrible malady that keeps them bound to the Republican party.

And judging by the huge lead Clinton has over Trump with women overall, it appears many of them are waking up to this fact at last. So thank you, Mr. Trump. It took a real pig to turn so many rightwing woman against the GOP. And you, sir, are a real pig.
This^^^^
Living in the bible belt it is inconceivable to me how this conservative women accept being subservient to their man.

Do they teach that in their churches?

Why do they have no self esteem.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:11 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
This might shed some light on Trump supporters. The Dunning-Kruger effect is especially interesting.

A neuroscientist explains what may be wrong with Trump supporters’ brains
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections