Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2016, 01:51 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

'Moment of Reckoning' - Donald Trump: 'Our Independence Day Is at Hand, It Arrives Finally on Nov. 8th' - Breitbart

It will really feel like Independence Day when we can get rid of Bill and Hillary running us into the ground for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 02:11 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
“This is our moment of reckoning as a society and as a civilization itself,” Trump declared. “This is not simply another four-year election. This is a crossroads in the history of our civilization that will determine whether or not we the people reclaim control over our government.”
Right-wing melodramatic swill.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:49 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Sad right-wingers.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:30 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
It is past time we take out the "trash". I will never understand how that white trash made it to the White House the first time with the dirty laundry they were already hauling around with them.

The people must take the country back and that starts with supporting the movement that Trump has started. It will not be Trump alone that can begin to put us back on the path but with the work of those that support him. I am sure many that support Hillary won't be able to get off their pity pot to help, but they get their free meds from the state and lie low while we work to do the repair.

Trump sends out questionnaires all the time asking what his supporters think he should be doing/asking, etc. Evaluations. It would be awesome if he continued that throughout his presidency. Getting actual feedback on what the people want. Can you imagine a government for the people, by the people again?

Old 10-14-2016, 06:35 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
'Moment of Reckoning' - Donald Trump: 'Our Independence Day Is at Hand, It Arrives Finally on Nov. 8th' - Breitbart

It will really feel like Independence Day when we can get rid of Bill and Hillary running us into the ground for so long.

I'll party or try to find a place that has one believe me - I'm not a partier so for me to want this for this reason says a lot.

I'm just "burned out" from this election cycle and can't wait for the positive result.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:51 AM

24,409 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Gotta hand it to Trump there, his telling the GOP to F off and the dems to eat **** and die is what we should all be saying and should have said years ago.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

Was this the speech that has been characterized as anti-Semitic, fascistic, the words of a "rampaging, paranoid demagogue"?

I don't think that "Independence Day" means what you think it means, unless it means rounding up everyone that you don't like, which given some of the stuff I read on here on a daily basis wouldn't surprise me in the least.

"This was not your standard, off-the-cuff Trump rant. This was a scripted speech, delivered with a teleprompter. It was crafted. It featured the key words of right-wing complaints: "sovereign," "global bankers" and "slander." Really, it came right out of a Nazi propaganda playbook. And when one considers the themes common between Nazi propaganda films and the films made by top Trump campaign staffers Stephen K. Bannon and David Bossie (as analyzed by AlterNet), we should hardly be surprised."

In Blustering Speech, Trump Hints At Anti-Semitic Themes -- And Future Mayhem – The Moderate Voice

"Donald Trump's accusation that Hillary Clinton "meets in secret with international banks" drew criticism from the Anti-Defamation League, which said such charges "historically have been used against Jews.""

Did Trump use an anti-Semitic stereotype? | NJ.com

More:

Frankenstein’s monster: Donald Trump was a rampaging paranoid demagogue yesterday

“Slings and arrows”: Donald Trump’s thinly vintage anti-Semitism and outrageous fortune - Salon.com

Trump just gave an anti-Semitic speech ‘dripping with hatred’ — and the Internet is horrified

Trump

Old 10-14-2016, 11:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Sounds like Trump is copying Nigel Farage's words, the man who will run the UK into the crowd and might ultimately break up the UK itself. He spoke at one of Trump's rallies. Kinda funny how this is a white nation wide movement only. When you have the same thing happening everywhere, my first thought is, who is fanning the flames? The Trans-Atlantic Alt-Right/Right-wing Populist movement doesn't pass the smell test with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections