Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 01:50 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Probably exactly where he brags about grabbing them and then immediately said "Hey baby, I got more money than brains". And she said, "Why aren't you the silver tongued charmer."

They been together ever since.
That's quite a pickup line for the Donald.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, I don't know. Trump hounded Obama about his citizenship status for years, so couldn't be all that low.

Immigration is a huge issue in this campaign and Trump has been clear that he plans to deport anyone without ze proper papers.

I think it is a fair question and I think either she or Trump should produce the appropriate paperwork and answer it fair and square.
Lie! Hillary started the entire "Birther" movement. Trump had noting to do with it.

As for immigration, we are talking about illegal entry, not legal immigration. We must enforce our laws. Trump is right on this.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:26 PM

35,062 posts, read 31,284,584 times
I'm sure she had knowledge of Trump's habits.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:50 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Lie! Hillary started the entire "Birther" movement. Trump had noting to do with it.
Oh, for heaven sakes.

Neither Clinton nor her staff started the "Birther" movement. This has been fact checked by numerous sources.

Did Clinton Supporters Start the 'Birther' Movement? : snopes.com

Trump has beat that "Birther" business for years.

Quote:
As for immigration, we are talking about illegal entry, not legal immigration. We must enforce our laws. Trump is right on this.
Of course, we must enforce our laws.

The evidence so far says that Melania Trump's legal status is questionable at best. Depends on if she had a work visa when she was working and if she was truthful on her citizenship application.

Mrs. Trump has publicly stated she would make frequent trips home to renew her visa as required by law, which would be consistent with a temporary visitor or tourist visa which do no permit employment. The H-1B visa which allows employment can be valid for three years (and extended for six) and does not require renewals in Europe every few months.

Also, witnesses say she was working in the U.S. in 1995. She stated she got her first visa in 1996. Hmmm?

When these immigration matters came to light, we were told she would hold a press conference within a week or two explaining everything with "100% certainty."

We have not seen Mrs. Trump since.

There was a letter presented, written by an attorney with no supporting documents.

So, questions remain.

Seeing as how Trump wouldn't shut up until President Obama produced both his short and his long-form birth certificate, and Trump is forever going on about immigrants having the proper paperwork, he needs to provide the documents to support that Melania Trump is here legally.

If she is here legally, this should be not be a problem.

If she is not here legally, we could possibly have a First Lady who is an illegal immigrant.

Wouldn't that be a fine kettle of fish?

Old 10-16-2016, 08:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, for heaven sakes.

Neither Clinton nor her staff started the "Birther" movement. This has been fact checked by numerous sources.

Did Clinton Supporters Start the 'Birther' Movement? : snopes.com

Trump has beat that "Birther" business for years.

Of course, we must enforce our laws.

The evidence so far says that Melania Trump's legal status is questionable at best. Depends on if she had a work visa when she was working and if she was truthful on her citizenship application.

Mrs. Trump has publicly stated she would make frequent trips home to renew her visa as required by law, which would be consistent with a temporary visitor or tourist visa which do no permit employment. The H-1B visa which allows employment can be valid for three years (and extended for six) and does not require renewals in Europe every few months.

Also, witnesses say she was working in the U.S. in 1995. She stated she got her first visa in 1996. Hmmm?

When these immigration matters came to light, we were told she would hold a press conference within a week or two explaining everything with "100% certainty."

We have not seen Mrs. Trump since.

There was a letter presented, written by an attorney with no supporting documents.

So, questions remain.

Seeing as how Trump wouldn't shut up until President Obama produced both his short and his long-form birth certificate, and Trump is forever going on about immigrants having the proper paperwork, he needs to provide the documents to support that Melania Trump is here legally.

If she is here legally, this should be not be a problem.

If she is not here legally, we could possibly have a First Lady who is an illegal immigrant.

Wouldn't that be a fine kettle of fish?
His cult wouldn't care at all. As long as he sets up a system to immediately deport all the other 11 million illegals here.
Take it to the bank.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:22 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Lie! Hillary started the entire "Birther" movement.
wrong.

neither clinton or her campaign had anything to do with birtherism. the supposed birther email sent out by a fired clinton staffer in december 2007 ( that trump now cites as proof ) wasn't about birtherism. the email claimed obama was muslim but specifically stated that he was born in HI.

Quote:
Trump had noting to do with it.
true.

trump had nothing to do with the start of birtherism ( he didn't join on till 2011. birtherism's origins go back to february 2008 ) but he definitely played a roll in perpetuating and popularizing it.

Old 10-17-2016, 12:31 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I am trying to understand what the birther movement has to do with the thread title "Melania".

Old 10-17-2016, 12:46 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am trying to understand what the birther movement has to do with the thread title "Melania".
Conservatives like to repeat disproved talking points (i.e. "hoaxes") ad nauseam.

Old 10-17-2016, 01:06 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,443 times
What is the best way to recover from Melania.

Will soaking it in bleach water help?

Or are antibiotics required?

Hopefully, a Bobbit job won't be required.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Granted, it's a side trip.

But the fact is that Trump made a big deal out of questioning Obama's citizenship and demanding proof - but refuses to provide any kind of proof for Melania's citizenship.

Now I personally don't give a rat's ass about Melania's legal status one way or the other. Her business, not mine. (And I feel the same way about Maria and Jose down the street - their business, not mine.) But if Trump uses a particular yardstick for Obama, then he shouldn't whine when people use that same yardstick to measure Melania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections