Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 09:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What is more important ? America's future or Trumps past.

That really is the question people have to ask themselves when they vote on what is most important to them. How will what either candidate's past have to do with the direction of the country going forward ?

Forget for a moment that either candidate has a past. What are they going to do to change the country ?
If Chris Wallace would do that with the questions in the up coming debate we would have serious issues considered. He won't do that because ratings and his ability to decide the election would have to take second place to the sensational issues of the past. What it seems we are going to do is elect a president of the past on the past. The future is not really the most important consideration. If the media can keep us arguing about what happened in the past then we won't give much thought to the future. Yet it is the future we are going to deal with after the election.
The most important thing is America's future . . . without Trump. Why? Because he's unqualified. Because he lacks the character, temperament, or ability to deal with the role of POTUS on the World Political Stage. Being POTUS is not a joke, is not a show, is not something to be taken lightly or for self serving reasons.

As much as I wish I could vote for the GOP, there is no way I will vote for trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 09:06 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Trump's past has ensured that he has no place in America's future.

Old 10-14-2016, 09:08 PM

13,650 posts, read 9,708,585 times
If hypothetically I had zero familiarity with either candidate's past, and were to judge them solely on their stated positions, their promises (overt or implied) and their world-view, then unequivocally I'd choose Clinton. To me, Trump's vision for America is abhorrent. Clinton's isn't exactly shining with resplendent brilliance, but it least it's workable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
I am voting Trump not because I like the man. I despise Hillary but that is also not the reason I am voting Trump. I know who Hillary will get as supreme court justices. I don't want liberals making decisions that are going to affect my children and grand children.
For exactly the same reasons, I'm voting for Clinton. I don't want another Scalia or Alito. And I certainly don't want another Robert Bork (remember him?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections