Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:52 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by styloguy View Post
I find it interesting that aaaaaalllll "the bad guys" had to do was throw up a woman as their spokesman and suddenly "all is forgiven" amongst the left

This election is eerily reminiscent of the 08' election, people were on the verge of revolution and absolutely FED UP with how things were going in the country, the economy had just recently collapsed etc. Suddenly the elites/"bad guys" throw up a black presidential candidate (race card) and this causes the masses to instantly stand down and become pacified

Seems history is repeating itself, only this time around "the dark side" and Wall Street forces have played the vagina card with Hillary. I don't think it's gonna work this time though, people have seen that Obama did absolutely NOTHING for the economy (it got even worse!) and raised costs/taxes with his "Obamacare" scheme, i think a lot of people want an outsider/non-establishment candidate for a change

The Trump rally turnout is clear evidence of this, 10k-30k turnout versus Hillary's meager 1000-3000 average turnout
In democracy the purpose of rallies is to tweak your platform to talk to the people, to have a conversation and implement the wants on the people into your core message, this is impossible in a venue of 10k, trumps rallies serve no purpose other than maybe ensure turnout among your base and stoke his ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 09:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
In democracy the purpose of rallies is to tweak your platform to talk to the people, to have a conversation and implement the wants on the people into your core message, this is impossible in a venue of 10k, trumps rallies serve no purpose other than maybe ensure turnout among your base and stoke his ego.

The Independents from all indicators, are buying what Trump is selling.

Maybe it is the Independents that are his base?

Old 10-16-2016, 10:00 AM

613 posts, read 463,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
When he said this" My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make. ".
He got my vote.
Did he ever expand on how he'd plan to do that?

Old 10-16-2016, 10:01 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Anyone supporting either of these clowns is too much of an idiot to be allowed to vote. Or reproduce for that matter.

Doesn't matter anyway. Your vote means nothing. You have no choice. Politicians are irrelevant and interchangeable. It's all rigged, and we're dupes.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:03 AM

613 posts, read 463,413 times
That's a dangerous way of thinking.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:10 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Independents from all indicators, are buying what Trump is selling.

Maybe it is the Independents that are his base?
No they aren't. Ever since the first debate, there's been a steady trend in the polls showing independents turning away from Trump and toward Clinton. That's where most of her 6 point lead is coming from. There is absolutely no data showing independents moving toward Trump, anywhere. It's just magical thinking.

Old 10-16-2016, 02:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Hillary is part Obama and part G W Bush, probably more Bush. Another 4 years of status quo and worse of the last 28 years. Thanks Democrat voters. Who knew Democrats supported W's policies so strongly?

Old 10-16-2016, 03:13 PM

42 posts, read 22,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Hillary is part Obama and part G W Bush, probably more Bush. Another 4 years of status quo and worse of the last 28 years. Thanks Democrat voters. Who knew Democrats supported W's policies so strongly?
The future of the country, the economy, constitution, well-being of our children, safety of our comunities, etc doesn't matter to these rabid head-in-the-sand Hillary supporters. Apparently EVERYTHING must be sacrificed on the altar of political correctness and "OMG a woman as president!"

I wonder how many leftists are voting for her JUST because she has a vagina, probably more than would dare to admit it here or anywhere else Same thing happened back in 08', all kinds of people voted for Obama JUST because he was black and "OMG first black president!"

To be fair I'll give Obama credit where credit is due: at least he had mostly clean hands going into the white house. Don't get me wrong, he is a race-baiting clown, but at least he never KILLED anyone.... the worst he ever did was smoke a little weed in college (as most people are guilty of anyways)? This woman on the other hand allegedly has a body-count and shady border-line criminal past along with her husband, i have a bad feeling about what she would do with such presidential powers.... how many promininent critics of hers would suddenly "disappear" or "commit suicide" after the election? It's a scary thought and a slippery slope

This woman takes the worst elements of Bush and Obama (but moreso Bush), combines them, dresses it up under a pantsuit and makeup, and re-packages it all, only 10x worse

Old 10-16-2016, 03:19 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Trump is just as much of a "dark politics" guy as Cankles. I'm not for either one of them. Trump and men like him don't get to be billionaires in a vacuum. He's got a long shady history of backroom deals and buying political favors, hell, he gave money to the Clintons over the years.

This election cycle is like voting for the turd that smells the least, and not really sure which is worse.

Last edited by Chowhound; 10-16-2016 at 03:42 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 03:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Agree. Obama was Bush-light in regards to foreign policy and economic globalism but he accepted the pay off when he start advocating for TPP. Hillary is Bush-heavy on foreign policy and globalism.

Bottom line thanks to Democrat voters the globalist win again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections