Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 04:29 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
Who is this "we" you're talking about? Why do people try to invoke a "we" when it's just a "you" situation? You still did not get the point he was making about breaking the law by stealing peoples signs. Didn't see anything in the OP aboutthere being hidden supporters lime what you tried to imply.
"We" is everyone who posted on this thread, it's obviously by the replies that we all got the point.

I didn't try to imply anything about hidden supporters. Where did you get that stupid idea?

DO YOU get my point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 04:30 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,824,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well, a report just came across the news that GBE Republican HQ in Orange co NC was firebombed and vandalized, with the words " Nazi Republicans get out of town or else" spray painted on the building. Wish I could put the link up, but this phone is fighting me. At any rate, I thought it was "right wing terrorism" we are supposed to be so concerned over. This incident seems a tad...intolerant..to me.

As this plays out, it should be interesting.
Liberals sure are tolerant.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:30 PM

8,053 posts, read 12,772,027 times
I have a very liberal sister and she is one of the most intolerant people I know. If ANYONE disagrees with her world view she calls them names. My mother has a cousin that spends too much time watching Fox news BUT is a good guy. He parroted something he heard on the "news" and now my sister will not be nice to him. So much for "celebrating diversity".

My cousins kid is a lesbian and one holiday she brought her friend to a holiday get together. I was sitting there when my sister "warned" the two girls my mothers cousin "hated them". I was also there when he was introduced to the girls and there was a very pleasant conversation between them. My sister has it in her mind that politics is binary; you lean conservative you buy EVERYTHING that party sells.

I am sure there are people just the opposite of my sister; rabid conservatives that hate everyone liberal. People need to wake up and understand you can agree to disagree but still be civil.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:38 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,974,985 times
You just can't have a discussion with crazy people. Probably stole some signs too.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,334,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
It's interesting. We keep hearing all this talk about signs in front yards or around town. One thing I have notice (southeastern PA - Philly suburbs) is that one day, there is a Trump sign I driver past. The next day, poof, it's gone. Yet, I see Clinton signs and I see the same ones every single day.

My son has shown me snapchat stories of his friends stealing Trump signs. I have also seen videos online and on TV of people stealing, running over, burning, etc. Trump signs. Yet, this never happens to a Hillary sign.

So, Clinton supports claim that Trump supporters are intolerant people. Yet, how are they the tolerant ones when they steal and deface Trump supporter's property to send a message? Doesn't this make them intolerant of other people's views and opinions?

Discuss!
Yes. The so-called 'open minded' and 'tolerant' liberals are the least tolerant people on the planet. Is this news to you? Just look at the Ken Bone situation from last week. Ask Ben Carson how much liberals love black people. It has been this way a long time.

Old 10-16-2016, 04:51 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Many tea party and other Republicans are vehemently opposed to Trump; the GOP is in the midst of a meltdown due to nasty infighting. So who's to say it's Dems vandalizing the signs?

Old 10-16-2016, 04:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Is the Pope Catholic?

Old 10-16-2016, 04:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
explain
Sorry, but if you don't understand why, I just don't have time for a course in Logic 101. Your theorem has no validity.

A + B does not = C

"...A quantification fallacy is an error in logic where the quantifiers of the premises are in contradiction to the quantifier of the conclusion..."

"Hasty generalization is an informal fallacy of faulty generalization by reaching an inductive generalization based on insufficient evidence—essentially making a hasty conclusion without considering all of the variables. In statistics, it may involve basing broad conclusions regarding the statistics of a survey from a small sample group that fails to sufficiently represent an entire population."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

Old 10-26-2016, 08:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,822,859 times
Quote:
It's interesting. We keep hearing all this talk about signs in front yards or around town. One thing I have notice (southeastern PA - Philly suburbs) is that one day, there is a Trump sign I driver past. The next day, poof, it's gone. Yet, I see Clinton signs and I see the same ones every single day.

My son has shown me snapchat stories of his friends stealing Trump signs. I have also seen videos online and on TV of people stealing, running over, burning, etc. Trump signs. Yet, this never happens to a Hillary sign.

So, Clinton supports claim that Trump supporters are intolerant people. Yet, how are they the tolerant ones when they steal and deface Trump supporter's property to send a message? Doesn't this make them intolerant of other people's views and opinions?

Discuss!

Of course it's happening. They brag about it.

Here's another example (from WaPo, so the usual suspects won't have to venture out of their comfort zone), and I just LOVE her reason for the theft of 40+ signs in 20 minutes. Supposedly now contrite, she couldn't help herself because the signs were destroying the equilibrium in the community .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...0-trump-signs/

Old 10-26-2016, 09:24 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Of course it's happening. They brag about it.

Here's another example (from WaPo, so the usual suspects won't have to venture out of their comfort zone), and I just LOVE her reason for the theft of 40+ signs in 20 minutes. Supposedly now contrite, she couldn't help herself because the signs were destroying the equilibrium in the community .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...0-trump-signs/
I just read the article. What a POS that woman is! Not to mention what a horrible example she is to her daughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections