Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times

Advertisements

I'm glad to see more Trump supporters are refusing to take part in these polls than Hillary supporters. Frankly, I am susrprised any of them are. I would hang up on them if they bothered to call me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yeah she did. "And you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska..."
Actually what she said was.

"They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

Which is, TRUE...

I find it funny that the more people made fun of her for saying it, the dumber the american population appeared..

Can you really see Russia from Alaska?

Old 10-16-2016, 09:58 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
All a Trump wants to do is create an attitude among his followers that whips them up in a frenzy and turns them too crazy for reason...which has happened...
Now because he knows math is a fact that doesn't lie and he knows he can't capture enough independents and other factions, he is going to plan B...
Create enough dissention to keep these people out of the Republican Party after this--
To gut the Republican Party and make way for Trump's new party...
Trump has been in bed with some of these right wing nut jobs for a decade or more...
He just didn't see any way to make money before.
Now he does...media empire glorifying Donald Trump as leader of the American Party.
He will scarf up money from his followers, from some big time donors that will come out of the woodwork and hope to get his candidates running in local, state elections the next cycle.
Cause he killed his real competition when he burned the GOP's house down in this election.

People like Steve Bannon from Breitbart and Roger Stone are not politicians --
they are egotists and anarchists who really don't give a hoot about the well-being of people in America...they just want to destroy the "powers that be" to see if they can...
this is not the populism of Teddy Roosevelt who wanted power for the people...
This is more like anarchy but will likely become fascism if Trump ever gains the Presidency.
Good eye!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
?
Well, my thought was that if we can't trust anything the media say's than we have no information whatsoever. We are living blind and that would not be an acceptable situation for someone to want to be involved in.
There must be some grain of truth somewhere to grasp? Otherwise, why bother?

Just responding to your post. If I misread it, I apologize.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:03 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
All a Trump wants to do is create an attitude among his followers that whips them up in a frenzy and turns them too crazy for reason...which has happened...
Now because he knows math is a fact that doesn't lie and he knows he can't capture enough independents and other factions, he is going to plan B...
Create enough dissention to keep these people out of the Republican Party after this--
To gut the Republican Party and make way for Trump's new party...
Trump has been in bed with some of these right wing nut jobs for a decade or more...
He just didn't see any way to make money before.
Now he does...media empire glorifying Donald Trump as leader of the American Party.
He will scarf up money from his followers, from some big time donors that will come out of the woodwork and hope to get his candidates running in local, state elections the next cycle.
Cause he killed his real competition when he burned the GOP's house down in this election.

People like Steve Bannon from Breitbart and Roger Stone are not politicians --
they are egotists and anarchists who really don't give a hoot about the well-being of people in America...they just want to destroy the "powers that be" to see if they can...
this is not the populism of Teddy Roosevelt who wanted power for the people...
This is more like anarchy but will likely become fascism if Trump ever gains the Presidency.

Hillary should be very nervous that there are still 3 weeks to go and the video and fake bimbo effects are already losing steam.

A LOT of Americans (not just Trump supporters) are tired of corruption & lying in government. Why do you think Bernie did so well until crooked Hillary and her spin machine took him out? I really believe Bernie's movement was to try to give government back to the people. I certainly didn't believe the rest of his liberal message but do believe he was truthful.

What Trump will do is appeal to all people...Especially Bernie supporters (who Hillary double crossed), Blacks (who Hillary panders to promising everything and delivering nothing), Latinos (who SHE insulted), and religious people (especially Catholics) who she distains.....He will appeal to all of those she lied to, and as Wiki Leaks keeps turning Americans against her with each drip they will flock to Trump who has been honest to a fault.

THAT is how he will win this election.....One WL drip at a time!!

Last edited by 68551; 10-16-2016 at 10:13 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 10:04 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, my thought was that if we can't trust anything the media say's than we have no information whatsoever. We are living blind and that would not be an acceptable situation for someone to want to be involved in.
There must be some grain of truth somewhere to grasp? Otherwise, why bother?

Just responding to your post. If I misread it, I apologize.
I think we are getting close to that reality. There's information, no doubt, but the mass media in my view in many quarters has just become an opinion/agenda pusher. I think that's why there's such a huge amount of interest on google search with wikileaks data. People are starved for what's really going on in the world/in our government and they feel they can't trust many in the mainstream media to report it to the average person.

Here's the reality on the sad level of trust in the mass media by the public. It's pathetic:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...in-2016-228168

"The American public’s trust in the media in 2016 has fallen to its lowest point since at least 1972, according to a new Gallup poll released Wednesday.

Thirty-two percent of the respondents in Gallup’s most recent national poll said that they have “a great deal” or “a fair amount” of trust in the mass media, an eight percentage-point drop compared to 2015. It’s the lowest point in Gallup’s polling history, which began asking respondents whether they had trust and confidence in the media in 1972."

Old 10-16-2016, 10:05 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Media projecting again.... Show manipulated data, up to the final days and then they come back to reality, so no one thinks they were far off.

They did it leading up to and all during the Republican primaries. Bush was leading Bigly.
This. Each establishment puppet was trotted out and then the polls magically showed how they had more support and chances of winning against Trump. Cruz was the establishment's last puppet and they held their nose and made him their guy. Hell even Kasich supposedly was the best candidate but couldn't win anything but his home state. People showed up at the polls in record numbers and the rest is history.

So enjoy these polls for a while, but what really matters is Nov 8th.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:11 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Now what happens if the media is right and Clinton wins on November 7th?

Old 10-16-2016, 10:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,527,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I'm glad to see more Trump supporters are refusing to take part in these polls than Hillary supporters. Frankly, I am susrprised any of them are. I would hang up on them if they bothered to call me.
So he is tanking in the polls because Trump supporters are not taking part in poll calls?

Old 10-16-2016, 10:16 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Now what happens if the media is right and Clinton wins on November 7th?

November 7th?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections