Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, you have to give her credit for outsmarting every right wing legislator, attorney, law enforcement agency, investigator and representative that has attempted to take her down. If she is that clever and has managed to outwit every last one of them...she definitely has the brains, grit, stamina and qualifications to run a country.
That's my take on things.

Being President is a high stakes game with a lot of moving pieces and a lot of lives on the line. As Rob Lowe said in The West Wing once, "We play with live ammunition here."

Clinton has demonstrated she's able to play at that level.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:26 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Furthermore, as tragic as those deaths were, every person who died knew the dangers completely, and all volunteered to be put into harm's way. They were far from the first State Department personnel to be killed in action, and will not be the last....

Weep for them, but don't try to use their deaths for cheap political advantage. You shame yourself and their memories when you do.
That's been my take on it all along.

If we truly believe something should be done about this tragedy, we would double funding for embassy security not cut it.

Did that happen?

It was all partisan political theater and a poor one at that.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:29 AM

285 posts, read 197,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I don't believe in what I read...only what I see and what I see is that Trump is a narcissist. I don't necessarily see Hilary as a wonderful person but I do see that she would at least be better than Trump. Let's face it a paper bag would be better.

Yes. I don't see how someone could miss the point that it has everything to do with running the country. If you insult Americans then why would you care about improving America?
So if you only believe what you see (and if you're honest with yourself) then you know Hillary Clinton is unfit to be president. She's not healthy enough and not telling the truth about whatever illness she has.

ETA: yes op, I'm so tired of it that I've been staying away. And I had an awful thought this morning: if Trump is elected, they won't shut up for 4-8 years.

Last edited by MaryKate34; 10-17-2016 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: ETA

Old 10-17-2016, 06:32 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And they really have nothing of importance, using their False equivalence to claim Trumps locker room talk is equal to Hillary getting 4 Marines killed..

Please libs, if you are going to constantly get huffy over everything Trump does,post something that actually matters.. stop with the fluff.
I guess many do what they have to do to keep food on the table in this economy. If they have figured it out by the time they vote, they'll realize that if we can restore our country to what it was, they won't have to prostitute themselves in the next campaign season to put food on the table.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:34 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,076 times
So called Liberals are not liberal. They have swung so far left that they have come up on the far fascist right. Liberals are supposed to liberate but they enslave and confine...with their primary tool and weapon....political correctness. I would say that what is taking place is that traditional conservatives are the real LIBERALS...

Old 10-17-2016, 06:41 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Starting a thread to criticize others for the same behavior you exhibit indicates profound stupidity.
Right out of the Trump playbook, he is teaching his minions the same strategies he has used all his life. No need for consistency or logic behind the approach, you attack, attack, attack. Doesn't care one whit if he appears stupid to his opponents, it is all about keeping his followers bedazzled. Same strategy here at C-D, you may think that their behavior is "stupid"; but the Trump-cult bond is not based on logic or rational thinking. It's mob mentality.

Old 10-17-2016, 06:44 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
So called Liberals are not liberal. They have swung so far left that they have come up on the far fascist right. Liberals are supposed to liberate but they enslave and confine...with their primary tool and weapon....political correctness. I would say that what is taking place is that traditional conservatives are the real LIBERALS...
No one buys that nonsense except the other Trump-cultists. There has not been a Liberal in this country since Jerry Rubin in the 60's. All Democrat Presidents since then have been Centrists. Sanders is the only liberal progressive on the scene, and even he is not a radical Leftist.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:07 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
No one buys that nonsense except the other Trump-cultists. There has not been a Liberal in this country since Jerry Rubin in the 60's. All Democrat Presidents since then have been Centrists. Sanders is the only liberal progressive on the scene, and even he is not a radical Leftist.
Correct. Sanders actually is a good guy....America did not want a good person in charge....sorry...I stand corrected...The status quo as we know it looked upon goodness as a fault. Trump cultists might be a necessary evil that will jolt America out of what is established corruption. THEN America can work out the rest and make the necessary adjustments.

I do not really like Trump but maybe his purpose whether he knows it or not is to be the wrench in a system that needs to be updated.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And they really have nothing of importance, using their False equivalence to claim Trumps locker room talk is equal to Hillary getting 4 Marines killed..

Please libs, if you are going to constantly get huffy over everything Trump does,post something that actually matters.. stop with the fluff.

Actually, I'm more sick of the right's hypocrisy as in their constant whining about Bill Clinton while pretending Donny's philandering is meaningless even though only one of them is running for anything.

Old 10-17-2016, 07:32 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,648 times
Actually I am sick of Cheetos whining on everything like a little btch.. even the SNL skits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections