Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 09:53 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,825,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Trump can't run a campaign so how is going to run the country. He sold sizzle instead of steak to win the primaries. When it came to the general and the metal meet the road he folded like a cheap tent. Can you imagine him running the country like he is now running his campaign. I will never ever say Hillary is great but I know what I am getting with her. Trump would be a total and complete disaster. I hate Hillary does not cover the fact that Trump is unfit for office.

This is exactly what happened ^^^^^^. Trump was great in the sprint but fell down in the marathon. It was so easy for him to get out there and spew word after word about how things suck and how he could fix it. But, as time went on, people started to ask "Exactly how are you going to do it?" to which, he had only "secret plans" that he would not outline.

He is like that job applicant who interviews well, but, when they actually get the job, you find out has no actual skills or work ethic to do the job. I will give it to Trump, he is a Hell of a salesman and was able to read the discontent of a lot of people very well this year. He said exactly the words needed to convince them to buy his product, even though the product he was selling was non existent.

But being a good salesman does not necessarily a great President make. The reason he has pretty much lost this election is that most people are now realizing he only talked a good game and had no substance to back it up. Time for the American public to say "You're FIRED !!"

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 10:00 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
America was founded on hard hat in hand workers, not people who lay in bed eating bon bons.

America is a great country because we keep. MOVING. forward.
You are speaking to a card carrying native American. We have a different take on who founded America and how they did it.
Representatives from my Tribe attended and advised the first Continental Congress and our Great Law was incorporated into the Constitution of the United States.
I have knowledge of exactly how the Nation of America was formed.
It is nothing like you stated. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:06 PM

285 posts, read 197,505 times
Quote:
don't give up, people aren't 4th graders forever!
lol!

Old 10-17-2016, 10:08 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,964,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate34 View Post
Well, I was just making a suggestion. I guess you think you're being funny, but you post A LOT and most of it is meaningless. I will use the ignore bottom now for your posts. I mean, by suggesting that I ignore you, you're pretty much confirming that you will never post anything of value that I might be moved by, so I won't waste anymore of my time.
No I'm not suggesting anything. You believe what you want to believe MaryKate34. Don't like my posts? Don't read them. I'm not gonna take it personally. I never asked you to give me your approval. In fact I don't care much if you don't like my posts or think you write superior posts.

The way I see it is that at least I'm not going around attacking people telling them they must be children trying to sound like I am more mature than them. I don't need your validation and I'm sure you don't need to read my posts either.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Don't give up, people aren't 4th graders forever!
I don't know about that. I heard some children the other day say that Trump speaks and acts like a second grader. I can't say I disagree.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:44 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
The herd never ceases to amaze me how out of touch with reality many are.

I hate to spoil the sunshine and rose colored glasses party/fantasy world many of you live in posting here but here's the reality:

Examples:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...erican-decline

"Nothing of the kind threatens the U.S. today. Yet it is true that the economic well-being of the average American -- defined as median household income -- has fallen since the turn of the century:"

"But there are other senses in which a nation can decline. For example, it can slip in power, wealth and prestige relative to other countries. In this sense, the U.S. has clearly declined.

There is also a third way in which a nation can be in decline -- stagnation. In this sense, the U.S. is also in decline, and has been since about 2000.

After 2000,the rate of formation of high-growth startups fell a lot -- the U.S. economy became less dynamic. Around halfway through that decade, total factor productivity growth -- the ultimate driver of improvements in living standards -- also decelerated substantially from its earlier growth rate:"

And read this one and weep:

Economic signs that America is on the decline - Fortune

Some "highlights":

"When it comes to a few key indicators, Ireland, the UK, Canada and even Albania and Greece are surpassing America.

America is declining, in large and important measures, yet policymakers aren’t paying attention. So argues a new academic paper, pulling together previously published data.
Consider this:
  • America’s child poverty levels are worse than in any developed country anywhere, including Greece, devastated by a euro crisis, and eastern European nations such as Poland, Lithuania and Estonia.
  • Median adult wealth in the US ($39,000) is 27th globally, putting it behind Cyprus, Taiwan, and Ireland.
  • Even when “life satisfaction” is measured, America ranks #12, behind Israel, Sweden and Australia."
"Overall, America’s per capita wealth, health and education measures are mediocre for a highly industrialized nation. Well-being metrics, perceptions of corruption, quality and cost of basic services, are sliding, too. Healthcare and education spending are funding bloated administrations even while human outcomes sink, the authors say."

“We looked at very broad measures, and at individual measures, too,” said co-author Hershey H. Friedman, a business professor at Brooklyn College – City University of New York. The most dangerous sign they saw: rising income and wealth inequality, which slow growth and can spark instability, the authors say."

“Capitalism has been amazingly successful,” write Friedman and co-author Sarah Hertz of Empire State College. But it has grown so unfettered, predatory, so exclusionary, it’s become, in effect, crony capitalism. Now places like Qatar and Romania, “countries you wouldn’t expect to be, are doing better than us,” said Friedman."

The rest of the article has even more alarming data.

Wake up time people. oh, right.....everything is great......shhhh.....the sheepie are guzzling insane amounts of artificially colored/flavored water......shhhhhhh.......because....wait for it....."I'm with her!".....let's keep the trend of the above reality going they say which means we are in "insanity" land.....doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Except in this case, being naive to the point where the herd of sheep are so lost they can't even define current reality.

Old 10-17-2016, 10:48 PM

Isn't Trump the guy who doesn't believe in minimum wage? I guess he could really help the working class... Just let them work for $2 an hour and apply for food stamps and Medicaid.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:15 PM

13,641 posts, read 9,696,571 times
Quote:
America was founded on hard hat in hand workers, not people who lay in bed eating bon bons.

America is a great country because we keep. MOVING. forward.
Isn't the core postulate of conservatism, that government is rapacious and inept - and that therefore, the best government is the one that has the wisdom of getting out of the way? Do we not wish for a passive and minimalist government, allowing the private sector to move forward? There is a term for a philosophy that posits that government ought to be in the vanguard of moving forward. It's called Progressivism. Is Trump, then, to be regarded as a Progressive? If so, why is he a Republican?

Old 10-17-2016, 11:24 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Isn't the core postulate of conservatism, that government is rapacious and inept - and that therefore, the best government is the one that has the wisdom of getting out of the way? Do we not wish for a passive and minimalist government, allowing the private sector to move forward? There is a term for a philosophy that posits that government ought to be in the vanguard of moving forward. It's called Progressivism. Is Trump, then, to be regarded as a Progressive? If so, why is he a Republican?
jeez, my head just exploded.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:27 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Isn't Trump the guy who doesn't believe in minimum wage? I guess he could really help the working class... Just let them work for $2 an hour and apply for food stamps and Medicaid.
There are a lot of articles from economists on the minimum wage and its pro's and cons, saying you're going to increase the wage reeks of 'give me your vote' rather than doing what's right for the country. There's a supply and demand dynamic at work, sure, bottom level workers get paid more, BUT, the money has to come from somewhere, it will come from current workers getting their hours cut, and companies going out of business because they can't afford the salaries, there's a lot more to it than just suggesting anyone who doesn't support this increase is a 'bad person'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections