Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 04:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,724,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The law isnt based upon how one thinks. If you think its ok to molest a child, you cant then go back and use your thinking as a defense..

Which previous secretaries of state, setup home servers, in particular, after obama banned such practices?
When did Obama ban such practices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 04:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,724,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You apparently don't understand how authority is given through designation of authority (DOA). Unless she had a piece of paper (DOA) signed by Obama in her hand saying she had such authority, she didn't have such authority. That DOA must be signed, dated, documented, properly archived, and all relevant parties must be notified and they must sent back signed and dated acknowledgement. Later all these would become government records that can't be destroyed. It's no joking matter even in a 5 people small company! To tell the American people, "I thought I had such authority" is freaking ridiculous and a boldfaced lie!

So where's that signed piece of paper?

Let's say for the argument sake, she did have the authority, there's a whole process, documentation and notification one must go through to re-classify information. Did she follow that process? If she didn't, it means she didn't re-classify such information and didn't re-define how some classified information must be preserved, she would still be in violation of the law.

I don't understand why you still defend her.
Gosh, you've served as a Secretary of State and know all about this???!!!

Old 10-19-2016, 04:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,461,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Gosh, you've served as a Secretary of State and know all about this???!!!
I happen to deal with a lot with DOA. In the government, it's far far more strict on the DOA. It's not the first time we had a secretary of state.

Old 10-19-2016, 05:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,845,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
first of all- its about POLICY not law-- she might have broke policy -- not the LAW- and 2nd I have posted it 100 times-- true top secret stuff is NOT sent over the regular internet - it is encrypted - it is done in a skiff location- that is guarded --OMG people - please- please get educated on these matters before you accuse-
Deleting subpoenaed emails is illegal, not at all policy related..

You can post that it was policy 200 times, it doesnt make it less illegal..

Old 10-19-2016, 05:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,845,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When did Obama ban such practices?
https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/def...12/m-12-18.pdf

Old 10-19-2016, 05:37 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,061,831 times
Because she hasn't been convicted (or indicted or arrested, for that matter) of any alleged "illegal things"? Ever hear of the Fifth Amendment?

Mick

Old 10-19-2016, 06:06 PM

35,333 posts, read 20,699,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You apparently don't understand how authority is given through designation of authority (DOA). Unless she had a piece of paper (DOA) signed by Obama in her hand saying she had such authority, she didn't have such authority. That DOA must be signed, dated, documented, properly archived, and all relevant parties must be notified and they must sent back signed and dated acknowledgement. Later all these would become government records that can't be destroyed. It's no joking matter even in a 5 people small company! To tell the American people, "I thought I had such authority" is freaking ridiculous and a boldfaced lie!

So where's that signed piece of paper?

Let's say for the argument sake, she did have the authority, there's a whole process, documentation and notification one must go through to re-classify information. Did she follow that process? If she didn't, it means she didn't re-classify such information and didn't re-define how some classified information must be preserved, she would still be in violation of the law.

I don't understand why you still defend her.

you talk about DOA but nothing you or I ever would see-- would we??-- and you do not accept what i said about policy- and proper protocols that are taken for stop secret transmissions

Old 10-19-2016, 06:08 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,771,015 times
She is a democrat chick so it doesn't matter.

Old 10-19-2016, 06:17 PM

35,333 posts, read 20,699,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Deleting subpoenaed emails is illegal, not at all policy related..

You can post that it was policy 200 times, it doesnt make it less illegal..

speculation
FBI Report Does Not Reference Email Deletion “Work Order,” And Clinton Staff Instructions To Change Email Retention Policy Came Prior To Subpoena

No Evidence In FBI Report That Emails Were Deleted After Subpoena. According to the FBI report, the investigation discovered a “work ticket” in reference to a conference call between Clinton staff and PRN on March 31, 2015, which cannot be accessed due to “attorney-client privilege.” There is no evidence that the work ticket related to the PRN contractor’s decision to delete emails “sometime between March 25-31, 2015,” and the FBI report indicated that neither Clinton nor her staff were aware of the deletions. In fact, according to the FBI report, on March 9 Clinton staff informed PRN about the “preservation request from the Committee on Benghazi”
:http://mediamatters.org/research/201...request/212906

Old 10-19-2016, 07:07 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,461,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
you talk about DOA but nothing you or I ever would see-- would we??-- and you do not accept what i said about policy- and proper protocols that are taken for stop secret transmissions
The secretary of state's DOA is a public record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections