Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 06:35 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,553,489 times

Advertisements

Crooked Hillary master baiter who can't answer questions ask in a debate. She was call out by Trump who pointed out how she pivoted and failed to answer the question. She is the string puppet without solutions. No common sense, poor judgement, bad instincts, are a few of the comments her own high level campaign people use to describe her. Doesn't know what planet she is on was a classic description people in her campaign use when talking about her. Her debate performance was the string puppet dance with word salad unworkable nonsense on both foreign and domestic policy.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:36 AM

25,707 posts, read 21,861,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
If was a yes or no question, by saying anything other than yes, he's saying no.
No, he is saying "anything other". I don't think anyone is in the position to really say what someone else is saying.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:37 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,297,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
They both lie and distort.

He doesn't do a good job of fleshing out her distortions as vice versa.

For example, take abortion. Hillary voted against a law that would have outlawed partial birth abortions the day before the due date, but left in tact medical exceptions... Trump let Hillary frame her justification of this around medical exceptions, which was a BS distortion as the bill she voted against allowed medical exceptions.

Then he let Hillary get away with framing the abortion debate around the anguish of the mother's tough choice. He should have immediately brought up that Hillary voted against a law that would have criminalized assault with intent to kill a baby within a mother. Hillary, you want to talk anguish, I've seen the anguish of women physically assaulted with the intent to kill the baby, how could you vote against the protection of a wanted child?

In Hillary's world, assaulting a mother with intent to kill the baby is merely physical battery on the mother and nothing more. Trump should have brought up the anguish of women who are attacked to kill their babies.

The fact is, polls indicate that on the issue of late term partial birth abortion and assaulting a mother with intent to kill a baby in the womb most Americans agree with Trump's position and he let Hillary get away with framing her argument around BS and an incomplete picture.

Trump sells himself as a great negotiator, I doubt it a little bit as he lets Hillary frame her positions routinely around BS and incomplete pictures...far more than vice versa - she catches him doing it with more regularity.

A great debater does the research and practices, Trump did neither.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:38 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,762,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I have to wonder how he blew past all those other candidates only to falter at Hillary. Sounds like an easy win for a faulted candidate. This had to have been planned. Whatever will be will be. Will anyone notice?
Honestly, I feel the same way, that the GOP candidates were....I can't even think of the words to describe how stupid they were basically.

I will note that I do think Hillary Clinton is a smart, capable woman and I have no doubt that she will be a regular mediocre president. However, I feel she was the only intelligent person running a political campaign. She knew what to do to go after Trump and make him look like an idiot. She just baited him and he fell for it, every single time. The debates made it easier for her to smash him because she could just throw a jab (a snide comment) and he'd wail all over the place punch himself in the face. It was hilarious to watch. Honestly watching Hillary play him like this made me have more respect for her abilities to lead the country. It was an interesting debate season and she gave him the opportunity to basically play himself as the fool.

The GOP on the other hand let Trump go too far in their party. I've lost a lot of respect for Republicans this campaign season. I'm an independent and honestly since the nomination of Trump, I've known I would have to vote for HRC as I live in a swing state and I don't waste votes and I felt he was a horrible person and not someone I'd want to represent me as an American. The main candidates I have been debating about voting are for the senate here in Ohio. I feel any of the GOP candidates who have not publically distanced themselves from Trump and not given him their support do not deserve my support. Yet, I was leaning toward voting for the GOP candidate in the senate here and so I am faced with a conundrum. The GOP has shown itself to not be very intelligent IMO. It would have been just as easy for them to trump Trump as HRC and her campaign has done if they wanted to. They could have pulled up all this in his past and ruined him with his own words just like she did. It was not hard at all for her to do so. I don't understand why they didn't and I cannot understand why those in the party are still supporting him.

GOP you need to take your party back. I feel like those of us who aren't Tea Party/alt-right supporters but who like traditional conservatism just don't have any choices at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Lets get this straight. Clinton an experienced LAWYER. Trump is not a lawyer...of course in debate the lawyer is always going to appear to win. That is why they are hired during criminal trials and civil litigations...I remember helping my brother during a litigation that went all the way to the Supreme Court of Canada. I learned one thing about lawyers...They are skilled wizards who can warp reality and chronology to make things appear to be what they are NOT.

That smiling smirk that Hilary uses as a weapon has one effect on gullible people...It casts a fog on the credibility of an adversary. I loved my mother- but- there was one thing that made me despise her some moments.

My mother had that same smile when I was telling her the truth...she made me feel that I was lying. She thought that if she projected that smugness on me that she could alter reality...and- convince ME that I was a liar...when I was NOT...This is highly manipulative and is ranked as the highest form of sin...to convince an innocent person and those watching that the innocent person is guilty.

Hilary bears false witness...
On this, you need to get over your mommy issues. You're a grown man. Get over it.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:41 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,395,317 times
Hillary baited Trump when she mentioned that he compained the systems was rigged several years ago when he didn't get an emmy. Trump made a comment while she was still speaking...he leaned into the mic and said that he should have gotten the emmy...something like 'deserved it'.

What an idiot. He didn't have a more presidential response to explain his behavior about constantly saying things are rigged against him?

Then when he leaned into the mic when Hillary was speaking about social security - and he said "She's a nasty woman"? He has no control over himself when someone slights him. Zero control. He couldn't even hold that back in a debate where he is supposed to be presidential.

He lost his cool very badly before the debate was half over. He was steaming mad and it showed.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:42 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,576,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Where does Hillary get her "Chairman Mao" outfits? Why does she wear them? Is she trying purposely to look like a dictator?
No matter what outfit the swamp hag wears, you wont find an American flag pin.. to the surprise of no one

Old 10-20-2016, 06:44 AM

13,675 posts, read 8,957,848 times
As I have noted before, I enjoyed the first two seasons of The Apprentice due to Donald John Trump's penetrating questions during the 'boardroom', and of his ability, when firing a person, to articulate a reason that I would not have thought of, based on business practices.

That said, in subsequent seasons (and especially during virtually all of the Celebrity Apprentice series), Mr. Trump was either phoning it in, or had suffered some loss of mental acuity (I suspect the former).

Instead of interesting questions it became his asking each person "What do you think", and sagely nodding his head before turning to the next celebrity asking the same question.

Often the most interesting questions would be from the other two other 'judges' (mainly Ivanka and Don Jr.), whom obviously were picking up the slack. Mr. Trump would then, more often than not, fire a celebrity using some (to me) idiotic reason (one contestant had to fly out to LA for something; had told Mr. Trump and the producers before the show started filming that she had to fly out during the show for two days; yet Trump cited her leaving her comrades for two days, 'in the lurch', as the basis for firing her; said details came out afterwards).

Again, I thought Mr. Trump did pretty well in last nights debate, although the expectation bar for him was set low. Yet, he mainly kept his temper, and, at least initially, kept his 'asides' to a minimum. He actually was more cogent that I was expecting. Of course, he 'screwed the pooch' at the end, with his 'nasty woman' comment and his failure to say that he would abide by the results of the election. Sad indeed.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:46 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,721,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Washington Post article says that Trump won the third debate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.68588a609399
So? While WaPo may be considered left-leaning as a whole, the author of that piece is a Republican.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:47 AM

9,694 posts, read 14,179,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
I'm a woman, so I can say this. She's power crazy and craves recognition. Doesn't she have a couple of grandchildren she can babysit for to fill the void she evidently has? I mean, BAKE SOME COOKIES! Anything, but get out of our faces! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Excuse me? You are a woman so you can say this? What does that even mean?
You missed it? That means, I'm not a whining woman complaining about not getting enough attention, not making enough money, not getting my fair share. I'm ashamed of women who constantly complain that they're being discriminated against. Hillary just won't get out of our faces. Has she nothing else to do? She's a tired old crooked politician. Go take care of your grandchildren, Hillary. We're sick of you!

Old 10-20-2016, 06:48 AM

25,707 posts, read 21,861,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Where does Hillary get her "Chairman Mao" outfits? Why does she wear them? Is she trying purposely to look like a dictator?
Expensive diaper cover and also covers that big thing that runs up her back noted previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No matter what outfit the swamp hag wears, you wont find an American flag pin.. to the surprise of no one
Does she still where the witch pin? The Illuminist one? An American flag pin would probably melt if it touched her body. Remember, she wants to end America and have one big open world destroying everything that our people have worked and died for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections