Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 08:02 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,923,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I would remind you that while the break-in at the Watergate Hotel happened in June of 1972, President Nixon's involvement was not known (or his cover up) until after the November election.
I was referring to Nixon allowing the 1960 election to be stolen from him "for the good of the country".

Old 10-20-2016, 08:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,472,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We really knew the man, Trump, before. The plus is that Hillary is so bad that not even Trump could ever trump her dirty language and criminal baggage.

I'll bet he could. And has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Hillary is the type of woman, and believe me, I've know a few, who when asked a question, deviates and deflects from the issues at hand, by trying to push your buttons.

I've watched Trump during interviews...and he is a totally different person...

Clinton did not eat him alive....you only saw what you wanted to see....believe me, if he lacked any kind of knowledge, he wouldn't be a success financially....he knows more then you'd like to believe....
It is her job in the debates ~ to push his buttons. It's HIS job not to react with histrionics.

Unfortunately, he does lack any kind of political knowledge. Real Estate doesn't seem to translate to politics.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,967,108 times
This post is rigged

Old 10-20-2016, 08:07 AM

6,606 posts, read 4,989,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I can't tell you how much fun I am having watching the apoplectic response over trump's ambiguity on this. Assume that he really thinks the election is rigged (which I'm not convinced he does, it is likely posturing). Why would he honor the results? Why go along with corruption like Nixon did and let the rot set in deeper? Fight it, make a stink and make the pigs squeal.

My favorite argument is that this will "damage our democracy". My response: damage away as our democracy is ready a rotten old corpse of corruption. I want to see Trump go full scorched Earth, cause an on-going ruckus after the election is over, encourage more doubt and suspicion about the system and generally speaking, destabilize things as much as possible.
As a Trump supporter (i am not)I would be furious not having fun. Seriously, now you have an answer to the thirty daily posts on why the media is not talking about wikileaks, they are talking about a presidential candidate not honoring the results, they are talking about a potential president Trump not giving up power because he feels is rigged, he opened a can of worms, a can that's going to keep giving to the Hillary campaign for at least a week, but by all means glad it amused you.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:07 AM

12,197 posts, read 7,187,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Apologize for the tape, when you say the accuser is lying because he wasnt attracted to her implies that if she was hot then who knows, it also attacks the victim. I an not saying that he implied that per se I an saying that's what makes it a horrible excuse.
You using the word "victim" already implies that you already have tried and found him guilty. So much for innocent until proven guilty huh? How would you like it if someone accused you of doing something you didn't? Should everyone then assume you are guilty right away?

Look, he is running for the president of the U.S. in a highly heated race, there are plenty of incentives for people to falsely accuse him of this and that. Notice nobody said anything about this 10 years ago, one year ago or even 1 month ago. All these people accusing him (with no evidence mind you) comes out three weeks before the election. Hmmm...

Old 10-20-2016, 08:09 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,858,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
This post is rigged
Thanks for admitting it.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:09 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,923,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
As a Trump supporter (i am not)I would be furious not having fun. Seriously, now you have an answer to the thirty daily posts on why the media is not talking about wikileaks, they are talking about a presidential candidate not honoring the results, they are talking about a potential president Trump not giving up power because he feels is rigged, he opened a can of worms, a can that's going to keep giving to the Hillary campaign for at least a week, but by all means glad it amused you.
I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm a supporter of burning down the system. Trump has already lost the campaign due to his lack of discipline. I'm amused because he is willing to destabilize the whole smoke and mirrors show now that he knows he lost.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:10 AM

50,158 posts, read 46,838,053 times
Ripping families apart lmao

Old 10-20-2016, 08:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,472,867 times
Online polls are bogus - I don't care what site they come from.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:14 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,945,562 times
I've been slowly reading through this thread, but here are my thoughts and opinions about last nights debate:

As much as it pains me to say, Clinton clearly won this debate. Trump is a fool and has no business running for President. That man acts like a freaking five year old and can't answer a question to save his life. He throws insult after insult, instead of speaking about what he would do as President. He has no plan people. He is winging this whole thing and sadly if he ever did win ( I do not believe he will), our country is in deep *****!!!!

Hillary, while I truly believe is corrupt and evil, at least speaks well and answers questions. She has a plan. She has experience. I do agree with Trump that Clinton shouldn't have been able to run for the Presidency based on her crimes and track record of F'ing things up. She should be in prison. If she gets elected, we are deep *****!!!!!

This election has caused me such stress. I've been back and forth on everything and how I want to vote. To be honest, I don't even want to vote any more. I can't give my vote to either of these two idiots. It blows my mind that this is where we are and these are the two people we have before us.

I will say that Chris Wallace has done the best job moderating the debates. I was all set to have him FOX news the heck out of this and he didn't. I was impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections