Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 10:17 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Trump says he won't."

That is NOT what he said.

It is such a shame some can't STOP trying to twist , and outright LIE, about what is ACTUALLY said.

From the transcript of the debate:

"Wallace: Mr. Trump, I want to ask you about one last question in this topic. You've been warning at rallies recently that this election is rigged and that Hillary Clinton is in the process of trying to steal it from you. Your running mate Governor Pence pledged on Sunday that he and you, his words, will absolutely accept the result of this election. Today your daughter Ivanka said the same thing. I want to ask you here on the stage tonight, do you make the same commitment that you'll absolutely accept the result of the election. Trump: I will look at it at the time. I’m not looking at anything now, I'll look at it at the time"
[LEFT]
Read more: Full transcript: Third 2016 presidential debate - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
[/LEFT]
If he said anything other than an unqualified "YES!" he is not fit to be an American, much less a candidate, and certainly not a president. That is not how Democracy operates. For 240 years the loser has congratulated the winner and pledged to support the efforts to make government better for all citizens.

Simply saying that the process is rigged without any proof to substantiate the claim and refusing to support the winner is a slap in the face to America.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:18 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Trump can't debate, Cruz should have been elected ar R nominee.. Hillary is canned, contrived, evil and sociopathic and doesn't believe a damn word that comes out of her mouth. Nor should anyone else.

We all lose this election.. But Trump is the farrrr lesser of two evils. So he should get the nod

Old 10-20-2016, 10:19 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
There was a difference because Gore won the popular vote and the electoral votes were so close and Florida was so close.

If the election is very close, I would not begrudge the great pumpkin for ordering a recount.
If it's within a few hundred votes I could see it. I seriously doubt that will be the case.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:20 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Rasmussen is reporting Trump has passed Clinton.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online White House Watch survey finds
Trump with 43%
Clinton’s 40%
(6%) still prefer Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson
(3%) favor Green Party nominee Jill Stein
(3%) like some other candidate
(6%) are undecided

Click on the link to see survey question and further explanation

White House Watch - Rasmussen Reports™

Let's examine the important states. The states Trump MUST win.

PA - Clinton +6
OH - Clinton +4
FL - Clinton +4

He's not going to win. He can't carry enough of the important states to have enough electoral votes.

The National poll numbers if accurate, don't matter. Just ask Al Gore.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:26 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Trump may be rough and crude...but Hilary has the ultimate defect....That SMILE....any fool can see crazed arrogant disruptive evil in that SMIRK. I have seen that perpetual smile before during my life...It signifies dishonesty...and worst....barely CONTROLABLE RAGE.

She might say that Trump is unstable...but I say that Clinton does a good job hiding her ability to control herself. If she loses is it - it will make Trump look like a school boy - and her a lunatic Roman emperor - watching with glee as the city burns.
I think you mean that any misogynist "can see crazed arrogant disruptive evil in that SMIRK [as well as] barely CONTROLABLE RAGE."

The "rage" you're talking about is your own, that you are projecting on what you perceive to be an uppity woman--a woman who kicked Trump's a$$.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Trump can't debate, Cruz should have been elected ar R nominee.. Hillary is canned, contrived, evil and sociopathic and doesn't believe a damn word that comes out of her mouth. Nor should anyone else.

We all lose this election.. But Trump is the farrrr lesser of two evils. So he should get the nod
How is Trump the lesser of two evils? Fact checking has actually found that his lies way outnumber Clinton's and he has barely scratched the surface for time spent in politics. He's also a conspiracy nut or at least someone that proliferates the bat crap crazy conspiracy theories and I do not think that a POTUS should be a guy that is king of the birther movement.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
You do realize that troop morale is still down right?
You have to give Trump credit though. Not too long ago Putin address our government officials and he was more presidential than our own president. It was an embarrassment. He did say it was wrong for another country to get involved. I read the report from the government last night that said they are "confident" that they are behind it on October 7. https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsro...rity-statement

He did come off more genuine where she did come off as scripted. There were multiple times last night that I thought that. I even rewatched it after the kids went to bed and noticed it too. She even made some weird facial expressions and movements when she was called a liar, dishonest etc.

I also noticed last night that she gave out some big information that no one needs to know. It takes 4 minutes from the time the president gives the order for nuclear weapons to be used and actually used.

Also once again searched out the claim of every candidate releasing his tax returns over the past 40 years. Um...Gerald Ford did not in 1976 (40 years ago).

She kept going on about the economic disaster Obama inherited. 1) She and Obama are part of that problem and 2) looking at the deficit and debt between Oct 1 then vs now (the Governments Fiscal year starts on Oct 1). There is a $129 billion difference in the deficit and the national debt has doubled.
Yes, he came off as "genuine"--genuinely ignorant, unprepared and repulsive. The fact that he knows nothing about how government works and, instead, just spews nonsense and insults right and left, is also quite "genuine."

Old 10-20-2016, 10:31 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Ideally I'd like a modern day French revolution, but I doubt I'll be that lucky.
Didn't the French revolution end with Napoleon eventually being emperor?

Old 10-20-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We really knew the man, Trump, before. The plus is that Hillary is so bad that not even Trump could ever trump her dirty language and criminal baggage.
Trump is scum. Sorry.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:42 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Yes, he came off as "genuine"--genuinely ignorant, unprepared and repulsive. The fact that he knows nothing about how government works and, instead, just spews nonsense and insults right and left, is also quite "genuine."
Trump brought a knife to the gun fight. Hill's gun was locked and loaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections