Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:19 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
"Repeal and replace Obamacare" isn't cutting it with me. Replace it with what?
Anything would be better than what we currently have. My friend just told me today that her premiums are going up and oh now they can only use CVS pharmacy. A far cry from the lies told to us that we could keep our doctor and such by Obama.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:19 PM

111 posts, read 50,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
And Bush Jr. stole 2 elections with fraud, that you seem to forget.

and you are bigly bigly wrong about the other stuff,,,,bigly.
I am always amazed at how upside down posters can get. Do you truly believe the foolishness you wrote above or are you a Hillary spinner who will lie to get her elected at any cost, even though her becoming President will destroy America.

Trump has sincere beliefs and has the experience to work with Congress to get it done. He has proved himself. Hillary has proved nothing except she will lie and do anything to please her financial donors and/or Mafia who pulls her puppet strings.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:22 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The Apprentice comment came off as desperation to me...
It was bait to get Trump to lash out or get upset. He got upset from it immediately. You could see his face as soon as she said it. These were purposeful slights to Trump and he always takes the bait because his ego is massive.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:23 PM

111 posts, read 50,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I like to think of myself as conducting an interview of these candidates for a job in my company. You BETTER come prepared to that interview or I can guarantee you that you will never make it past the first cut. DT would have been rejected right off the bat he did not demonstrate that he has the background knowledge for the job. Or the temperament.
Really! I agree he does not have the "background knowledge" to "continue" Washington, D.C. as it currently exists. That's not why he is running. He does have the "background and experience" to clean up the mess. What else are you missing, here? Oh, do you want to see "politics as usual" continue or do you want to see it cleaned up. Hillary is certainly NOT capable in any way, shape or form to clean up anything. She is too large a contributor to the mess.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:23 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, Trump does not know how government works by his comment to Hillary in a previous debate that she should have closed the carried interest loophole. She responded by saying she was a senator under a Republican president and his response was "if you were an effective senator, but you were not an effective senator."

If he knew government, he would have known bills originate in the House, not the Senate. Hillary could not have single-handedly passed any type of legislation.
But yet, she brags about reaching across the aisle helping to pass legislation.
You never know, he could be playing "dumb" to fool people. I know I have done it to hear both sides of a situation so I can make an informed decision on things. He had to of done something smart to be where he is today.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:25 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So? I recently saw Joe Biden wearing a yarmulke. What's your point?
Newsflash!! Jews had no involvement on Sept 11; Extremist Muslims did.. the Saudis are funding ISIS and she's showing respect to their culture? Nice.. the retardation effect is taking over..

What do you expect! You also have a prez who is working against the US, wouldn't allow the families of those killed on Sept 11 to sue the Saudi gov for all their involvement in the worst terrorist attack on US soil, and Hillary shows respect to them!!! Who do they represent, Americans or the Saudis? (the enemy).

"Congress on Wednesday voted overwhelmingly to override a veto by President Obama for the first time, passing into law a bill that would allow the families of those killed in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to sue Saudi Arabia for any role in the plot."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/us...bill.html?_r=0

With Hillary you're getting 4 more yrs of Barry's policies.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:26 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Anything would be better than what we currently have. My friend just told me today that her premiums are going up and oh now they can only use CVS pharmacy. A far cry from the lies told to us that we could keep our doctor and such by Obama.
Before my dad retired this year his premiums with work kept going up and his insurance covered less and less each year.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
It was bait to get Trump to lash out or get upset. He got upset from it immediately. You could see his face as soon as she said it. These were purposeful slights to Trump and he always takes the bait because his ego is massive.
Exactly. It was a strategic move that was meant to show how inexperienced and ignorant he is and how out of his league he would be in a position of tremendous worldly power. Hillary does not have to prepare for debates information wise as she is always in the mix of what is going on in the world. I can imagine her and Bill combing over all kinds of newspapers and media to stay abreast, not to mention the circles they travel in. Hillary's prep for the debate was all in the planning of how to best pull Trump's strings and press his buttons. Nothing was left to chance and everything she said was well calculated to have Trump revert back to the petulant brat that he is. She succeeded.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
But yet, she brags about reaching across the aisle helping to pass legislation.
You never know, he could be playing "dumb" to fool people. I know I have done it to hear both sides of a situation so I can make an informed decision on things. He had to of done something smart to be where he is today.
It's very smart to be born a trust fund baby. Actually, Trump's extraordinary need for adulation and attention has made him quite adept at capturing the attention of the MSM, which is really quite disturbing that it takes so little to intrigue a dumbed-down audience. And yes...he was cunning enough to see that there is much to garner form bat crap carry conspiracy theorists such as his birther followers and how to capitalize off of them. His entire campaign was bogus and just way to receive billions in free publicity and that is GREAT for a grifter/snake oil salesman/con artist, but for a POTUS...not so much.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:04 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,176,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Exactly. It was a strategic move that was meant to show how inexperienced and ignorant he is and how out of his league he would be in a position of tremendous worldly power. Hillary does not have to prepare for debates information wise as she is always in the mix of what is going on in the world. I can imagine her and Bill combing over all kinds of newspapers and media to stay abreast, not to mention the circles they travel in. Hillary's prep for the debate was all in the planning of how to best pull Trump's strings and press his buttons. Nothing was left to chance and everything she said was well calculated to have Trump revert back to the petulant brat that he is. She succeeded.
Nothing except her idiotic smiles that resemble a person having an aneurysm (kind of like when she fainted at ground zero and metal parts started falling off of her).

Great robot/puppet to have as a president.

A president needs to be serious and firm, not a clown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections