Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 02:17 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Shillary never answered the accusations leveled at her campaign for its criminal and atrocious behavior regarding intentionally causing riots at Trump rallies. NOT 1 FREAKIN WORD! She deflected it completely. Is this really the type of shameful and irresponsible antics we can expect from a Hillary PResidency?
I understand your frustration... but do you really expect a candidate who made it this far to break down and say that she is shameful and irresponsible? Or, do you expect a candidate who has made it this far to remain calm, remain on message, and turn any negative question into a positive for herself? Even though your candidate didn't make it through without having to sniff a few times, turn every question directed to him into an attack on the other candidate, never give any details about this own plans, have to be admonished by the moderator, whine, grimace... and not even be able to tell people in a positive way why they should vote for him. Sad.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:35 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,687,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I will go ahead and note, if others have not already done so, that Mr. Trump's having President Obama's half brother and Ms. Smith in the audience did not appear to make any difference. I watched on C-SPAN, so I do not know if they were given any camera time on the networks, Fox or CNN.

I did watch, on CNN, the 'debate' between Rudy Galliano and Mark Cuban. I thought that Mr. Cuban was out of his league. Rudy (whom I had suspected, from his Trump speeches, of being a bit addled) actually spoke well and forcibly, although some of his 'facts' were anything but. Yet, Mr. Cuban seemed unable to think quickly on his feet in responding.
I don't know if there were cameras specific to each network, but I did notice that they did better, not leaving the moderator off camera the whole time, and when the camera faced Wallace, kept the audience area very dark so that it wasn't distracting. Kudos to whoever directed it. BTW - we watched it on Fox.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Nothing except her idiotic smiles that resemble a person having an aneurysm (kind of like when she fainted at ground zero and metal parts started falling off of her).

Great robot/puppet to have as a president.

A president needs to be serious and firm, not a clown.

I detect sour grapes. Blame Trump if you are upset. He never really was in it to win it anyway so if you were gullible enough to put your eggs in his basket you have to deal with it. Trump wanted the free publicity in order to launch his media venture and he is probably stunned and laughs his butt off that he got this far into the election process. As for Hillary, she was never my first choice, but with Trump as her opponent, there is no other choice for me.

Old 10-20-2016, 02:51 PM

17,940 posts, read 27,373,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
It was bait to get Trump to lash out or get upset. He got upset from it immediately. You could see his face as soon as she said it. These were purposeful slights to Trump and he always takes the bait because his ego is massive.

He was actually humorous about the thing when he responded that it should have won. Even she chuckled.

She went on a rant in response to Trump's dig about 30 years bad experience where she bragged about sitting in on the Bin Laden raid, which agent Maya should get all of the credit, none to HilLiARy.

I don't know how many awards the show should have won, but my wife and I always enjoyed it.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:02 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,167,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I detect sour grapes. Blame Trump if you are upset. He never really was in it to win it anyway so if you were gullible enough to put your eggs in his basket you have to deal with it. Trump wanted the free publicity in order to launch his media venture and he is probably stunned and laughs his butt off that he got this far into the election process. As for Hillary, she was never my first choice, but with Trump as her opponent, there is no other choice for me.
Your detection mechanism is off. Better consult with a dog(better senses) because shooting blanket statements gets people nowhere. I oppose Hil-liar-y because she supports globalism vs Americanism(Trump). It's not a matter if you dislike him, it's what values he stands for. Ex: Hillary never ever mentions the drug epidemic; almost everyone out there knows someone who's afflicted by drugs. Why not help them instead of the refugees? Open borders will be a disaster. And bringing refugees here will add to existing problems(we're already in decline as a country). Most will end up on welfare supported by our taxes. So no, no sour grapes.. just plain logic.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:15 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Your detection mechanism is off. Better consult with a dog(better senses) because shooting blanket statements gets people nowhere. I oppose Hil-liar-y because she supports globalism vs Americanism(Trump). It's not a matter if you dislike him, it's what values he stands for. Ex: Hillary never ever mentions the drug epidemic; almost everyone out there knows someone who's afflicted by drugs. Why not help them instead of the refugees? Open borders will be a disaster. And bringing refugees here will add to existing problems(we're already in decline as a country). Most will end up on welfare supported by our taxes. So no, no sour grapes.. just plain logic.
Trump scammed you just as he scammed those hopeful entrepreneurs at bogus Trump University. I get that people want change from the establishment but Trump is not it.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-20-2016 at 03:58 PM..

Old 10-20-2016, 03:30 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,167,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump scammed you just as he scammed those hopeful entrepreneurs at bogus Trump University. I get that people want change from establishment but Trump is not it.
When those refugees(mostly Muslim) start pouring in(she's planning to admit 580K of them) and some of them(the extremist ones) will want to take your head off(because they hate the US), then you'll feel scammed too. (See San Bernardino, Orlando, WA state shooting - the Turk who killed the 5 people had voted 3 times in local elections while not a citizen(was only a green card holder). Welcome to Obama's banana republic. Hillary will continue his policies.

Mall shooting suspect was 'zombie-like' when arrested, officials say | Fox News

Trump U is minuscule compared to the issues we're facing.

Here's what's happening in Germany...

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7...igrants-crisis

Old 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM

58,736 posts, read 27,080,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I prefer a person who can do BOTH. Trump's definition of successful negotiating is to never compromise. Might work in real estate, won't work in international politics. Regardless, you have to have a deep knowledge of the current events on the ground, the players in the arena, and the history. He clearly does not have that knowledge, and he has no interest in acquiring it. I guess he thinks he will delegate that; but even that strategy is worrisome when you look at some of the incapable lapdogs he has supporting his campaign. I can't imagine that he would appoint anyone to a Cabinet other than yes-men, his ego is too huge to allow anyone to challenge his thinking.
"Trump's definition of successful negotiating is to never compromise"

And you come upon this great revelation, how?

WOW, I didn't know you were involved in EVERY business deal Trump has been involved in during his ENTIRE career.

To make such a claim you must have been.

I DOUBT if you have even been involved in 1 SINGLE deal with him, so your "claim" is nothing but a bunch of biased B.S.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:46 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Also, the Army has already started working behind Obamas back to try and avert war with Russia over Syria.
Source please

Old 10-20-2016, 03:58 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times
Quote:
When those refugees(mostly Muslim) start pouring in(she's planning to admit 580K of them)
joo got a little confused, I think what you meant to say is that Clinton wants to increase the number of refugees by 550%.

Clinton:"Look, we’re facing the worst refugee crisis since the end of World War II, and I think the United States has to do more, and I would like to see us move from what is a good start with 10,000 to 65,000 and begin immediately to put into place the mechanisms for vetting the people that we would take in," Clinton said. Clinton said she would be "looking to really emphasize some of those who are most vulnerable, a lot of the persecuted religious minorities, including Christians, and some who have been brutalized, like the Yazidi women." A jump to 65,000 would be a 550 percent increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections