Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
Clinton 173 56.54%
Trump 111 36.27%
Draw 22 7.19%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 07:19 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorryw View Post
I would wager that if Trump ever has the chance to negotiate/debate Putin, Trump will take Putin to the cleaners. No one as successful as Trump in the world of construction is successful unless he really knows what he is doing and how to handle people whether honest people, dishonest people and/or people who try to cheat/spin/take-advantage, etc.

Trump is the only candidate within now and the distant future who can do the job we need right now; i.e., clean up the horrible mess perpetuated upon us by Obama and Hillary!
You bought the snake oil.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:57 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,520,612 times
"A person with a delusion will hold firmly to the belief regardless of evidence to the contrary. Delusions can be difficult to distinguish from overvalued ideas, which are unreasonable ideas that a person holds, but the affected person has at least some level of doubt as to its truthfulness. A person with a delusion is absolutely convinced that the delusion is real. Delusions are a symptom of either a medical, neurological, or mental disorder. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3016695/

Those who have at least some level of doubt, may be operating on an overvalued idea.

Those who hold firmly to and idea regardless of evidence the contrary, who continue to repeat lies based on their belief system, are likely delusional.

Arguing with delusional people is pointless. They'll tell you that themselves.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"A person with a delusion will hold firmly to the belief regardless of evidence to the contrary. Delusions can be difficult to distinguish from overvalued ideas, which are unreasonable ideas that a person holds, but the affected person has at least some level of doubt as to its truthfulness. A person with a delusion is absolutely convinced that the delusion is real. Delusions are a symptom of either a medical, neurological, or mental disorder. "

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3016695/

Those who have at least some level of doubt, may be operating on an overvalued idea.

Those who hold firmly to and idea regardless of evidence the contrary, who continue to repeat lies based on their belief system, are likely delusional.

Arguing with delusional people is pointless. They'll tell you that themselves.
My mother always gave this advice..."Never argue with a stupid person. It will only make you crazy."

Old 10-21-2016, 01:40 AM

13,563 posts, read 10,277,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
A president needs to be serious and firm, not a clown.
Exactly, which is why Trump should not be in the White House. Thank you for making my point.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:25 AM

36,911 posts, read 18,784,152 times
Quote:

With Hillary you're getting 4 more yrs of Barry's policies.
You say that like it's a bad thing...

Old 10-21-2016, 10:52 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,160,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Exactly, which is why Trump should not be in the White House. Thank you for making my point.
^^^This makes no sense.. take a look who the clown is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxwyiz9vEN0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btgLIgPKYsE

Old 10-21-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
joo got a little confused, I think what you meant to say is that Clinton wants to increase the number of refugees by 550%.

Clinton:"Look, we’re facing the worst refugee crisis since the end of World War II, and I think the United States has to do more, and I would like to see us move from what is a good start with 10,000 to 65,000 and begin immediately to put into place the mechanisms for vetting the people that we would take in," Clinton said. Clinton said she would be "looking to really emphasize some of those who are most vulnerable, a lot of the persecuted religious minorities, including Christians, and some who have been brutalized, like the Yazidi women." A jump to 65,000 would be a 550 percent increase.
Right, a few thousand now, more to come. Makes no difference.. she's planning to admit thousands. She should be helping all the drug afflicted US citizens out there instead of refugees. There's 25 million full time drug users in the US. Those refugees share the same culture as the Saudis which have tons of money. Why don't they move there? Why isn't Saudi Arabia accepting the bulk of the refugees? Why are they being directed to Europe and the US? Does Obama and Hillary feel bad for creating this problem? Hint hint..

Here's an idea. Every Hillary supporter should accept 1-2 refugees to their homes(see how that works out). Come on..show some empathy.

No need to solve the problems this country faces. Just add more..

Old 10-21-2016, 11:44 AM

42,745 posts, read 25,916,011 times
Quote:
Right, a few thousand now, more to come. Makes no difference.. she's planning to admit thousands. She should be helping all the drug afflicted US citizens out there instead of refugees. There's 25 million full time drug users in the US. Those refugees share the same culture as the Saudis which have tons of money. Why don't they move there? Why isn't Saudi Arabia accepting the bulk of the refugees? Why are they being directed to Europe and the US? Does Obama and Hillary feel bad for creating this problem? Hint hint.. Here's an idea. Every Hillary supporter should accept 1-2 refugees to their homes(see how that works out). Come on..show some empathy. No need to solve the problems this country faces. Just add more..
lol, you just moved the goalpost, first you claimed that Clinton wants to bring in 550,000 refugees, I proved you wrong and now you want to say "makes no difference she's planning to admit thousands".

But let's look at your new claim, that there are '25 million full time drug users' and here is what I found:

In 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans aged 12 or older—9.4 percent of the population—had used an illicit drug in the past month. (used an illicit drug during the past month is not the same as 'full time drug user'.

Drilling down through the numbers, here is what we find:
  • Marijuana 19.8 million users
  • Prescription drug abuse 6.5 million
  • Cocaine 1.5 million
  • Methamphetamine use 595,000
Seems that it's not quite as scary as you made it out to be, is it? (unless you want Clinton to put almost 20 million marijuana users in rehab) But in the same source (linked above) look at the stats for alcohol abuse in 2013:
  • 30.2 percent of men and 16.0 percent of women 12 and older reported binge drinking in the past month. And 9.5 percent of men and 3.3 percent of women reported heavy alcohol use.
  • 28.7 million people, or 10.9 percent of persons aged 12 or older, had driven under the influence of alcohol at least once in the past year
  • 17.3 million Americans (6.6 percent of the population) were dependent on alcohol or had problems related to their alcohol use (abuse)
So you tell me, what should Clinton do about all those people, lock them up? ban alcohol? These are societal problems, no President can solve them, drug and alcohol abuse have been with us for a long time, neither prohibition or the trillion dollar war on drugs have fixed the problem

I'm busy and don't have time to correct your claims about refugees, I will try to address those later

Old 10-21-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol, you just moved the goalpost, first you claimed that Clinton wants to bring in 550,000 refugees, I proved you wrong and now you want to say "makes no difference she's planning to admit thousands".

But let's look at your new claim, that there are '25 million full time drug users' and here is what I found:

In 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans aged 12 or older—9.4 percent of the population—had used an illicit drug in the past month. (used an illicit drug during the past month is not the same as 'full time drug user'.

Drilling down through the numbers, here is what we find:
  • Marijuana 19.8 million users
  • Prescription drug abuse 6.5 million
  • Cocaine 1.5 million
  • Methamphetamine use 595,000
Seems that it's not quite as scary as you made it out to be, is it? (unless you want Clinton to put almost 20 million marijuana users in rehab) But in the same source (linked above) look at the stats for alcohol abuse in 2013:
  • 30.2 percent of men and 16.0 percent of women 12 and older reported binge drinking in the past month. And 9.5 percent of men and 3.3 percent of women reported heavy alcohol use.
  • 28.7 million people, or 10.9 percent of persons aged 12 or older, had driven under the influence of alcohol at least once in the past year
  • 17.3 million Americans (6.6 percent of the population) were dependent on alcohol or had problems related to their alcohol use (abuse)
So you tell me, what should Clinton do about all those people, lock them up? ban alcohol? These are societal problems, no President can solve them, drug and alcohol abuse have been with us for a long time, neither prohibition or the trillion dollar war on drugs have fixed the problem

I'm busy and don't have time to correct your claims about refugees, I will try to address those later
Drug usage has reached epidemic proportions in this country.

It's a fact and a serious known issue. You're downplaying it which is typical liberal mentality.

Drugs in America: Watch the Epidemic Spread

You can't use cocaine and methamphetamines sporadically. You use and you are hooked. That's roughly 2.6 mil people according to your statistics(not scary?) Are you for real? (btw pot has 450 known chemicals. It's a drug, whether it's legal in some states or not)).. That's still a lot of people who need immediate assistance versus refugees who share a different culture and will probably never assimilate to this country (among other things).

Alcohol abuse is bad too. Drugs though are worse..

So, the president can't solve these problems? Why do you need to elect a president then? To make speeches and get paid $225K for each one? That's new.. Trump has specifically mentioned we need to tackle the 'Drug epidemic' issue. Hillary has mentioned it 0 times in her debates. Why not? And I like how you dodged the question 'Why isn't Saudi Arabia accepting the bulk of the refugees? Why are they being directed to Europe and the US? Does Obama and Hillary feel bad for creating this problem? ".

Kind of like Hillary dodging questions during the debates.

U.S.-Mexico drug tunnel spanned 800 yards - CNN.com

Hey, America is a society in decline. Wake up and smell the coffee, or get off whatever you're smoking.

Last edited by Trigger-f; 10-21-2016 at 12:37 PM..

Old 10-21-2016, 12:45 PM

7,161 posts, read 4,718,961 times
Quote:
Right, a few thousand now, more to come. Makes no difference.. she's planning to admit thousands. She should be helping all the drug afflicted US citizens out there instead of refugees. There's 25 million full time drug users in the US. Those refugees share the same culture as the Saudis which have tons of money. Why don't they move there? Why isn't Saudi Arabia accepting the bulk of the refugees? Why are they being directed to Europe and the US? Does Obama and Hillary feel bad for creating this problem? Hint hint..

Here's an idea. Every Hillary supporter should accept 1-2 refugees to their homes(see how that works out). Come on..show some empathy.

No need to solve the problems this country faces. Just add more..
Drug afflicted? There's a cure for that. It's called not doing drugs. It's a personal problem, not government's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections