Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 10:34 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times

Advertisements

The analyst is Steve Schmidt, who was with the McCain campaign.

Watch the short video here from Morning Joe:

https://youtu.be/fVrB1QwLKto

Old 10-19-2016, 10:36 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Saw that this morning.

Great news for Democrats!

Old 10-19-2016, 10:37 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,965,507 times
It's not gonna be that bad. C'mon. No need to panic our fellow Trump supporters. I think the highest possible result is 348 electoral votes.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
It's not gonna be that bad. C'mon. No need to panic our fellow Trump supporters. I think the highest possible result is 348 electoral votes.
I agree, Trump supporters shouldn't panic. No need to subject themselves to all that stress. They should relax, stay home and just not vote. Just cut your losses and try again in 2020.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Repeating my posting on this subject from the Polls thread:

Interesting. For those interested:

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/the...r-republicans/

Another Republican consultant, Rick Wilson, has been warning the Republican party for over a year that Mr. Trump would spell disaster for the party:

Rick Wilson: Beat Trump like a drum - NY Daily News

The above opinion article was in August 2016. I follow Mr. Wilson on Twitter. He has not moderated his views. He was also the 'brains' behind having Evan McMullin join the race, in particular to deny Mr. Trump Utah (since Mr. McMuilin is Mormon, and the Mormons appear to dislike Mr. Trump).

I must admit, in my youth (1960s/1970s) I was of the opinion that the Soviet Union would forever remain the Soviet Union; that the Wall dividing Germany would never come down; that South Africa would likely continue its apartheid policies for decades; that Cuba would forever remain closed off to Americans so long as a Castro drew breath.

And that the Republican party would always exist.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
No different than a establishment pub, If by chance hilLIARy does win, perhaps you win a few seats or not, you have to stop blaming bush. You will be responsible for the mess in the middle east, the influx in border crossings(which is already happening), 500x more "refugees", TPP, your gold standard give away. etc. On your hands. Proud? Hopefully we can stop it.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:59 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The analyst is Steve Schmidt, who was with the McCain campaign.

Watch the short video here from Morning Joe:

https://youtu.be/fVrB1QwLKto
As a moderate Republican I am hoping for a landslide blowout where the GOP loses everything. Such a bloodbath would allow the sensible pragmatists like myself to retake control of the party and steer policy in a more mainstream direction without having to cater to the bigots, Jesus freaks, and the Tea Party loons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Repeating my posting on this subject from the Polls thread:

Interesting. For those interested:

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/the...r-republicans/

Another Republican consultant, Rick Wilson, has been warning the Republican party for over a year that Mr. Trump would spell disaster for the party:

Rick Wilson: Beat Trump like a drum - NY Daily News

The above opinion article was in August 2016. I follow Mr. Wilson on Twitter. He has not moderated his views. He was also the 'brains' behind having Evan McMullin join the race, in particular to deny Mr. Trump Utah (since Mr. McMuilin is Mormon, and the Mormons appear to dislike Mr. Trump).

I must admit, in my youth (1960s/1970s) I was of the opinion that the Soviet Union would forever remain the Soviet Union; that the Wall dividing Germany would never come down; that South Africa would likely continue its apartheid policies for decades; that Cuba would forever remain closed off to Americans so long as a Castro drew breath.

And that the Republican party would always exist.
Oh, the GOP will always exist ... the big question is what will the GOP stand for: sensible center-right pragmatism or Alt-Right White nationalist bigotry?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
As a moderate Republican I am hoping for a landslide blowout where the GOP loses everything. Such a bloodbath would allow the sensible pragmatists like myself to retake control of the party and steer policy in a more mainstream direction without having to cater to the bigots, Jesus freaks, and the Tea Party loons.
Although I'm a liberal Democrat there was a time, many years ago, when there were moderate centrist Republicans. Occasionally I would cross over and vote for them if I really thought they were more qualified than the Democrat. Today's Republican Party has gone off the deep end, so far to the right, that crossover voting is impossible for me. All of the centrist moderates never make it past the primary.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:10 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,722 times
GOP has done it to themselves...until they develop more Libertarian like social policies they're going to lag behind.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:14 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,232,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

Oh, the GOP will always exist ... the big question is what will the GOP stand for: sensible center-right pragmatism or Alt-Right White nationalist bigotry?

Your characterization of some GOP members as 'Alt-Right White nationalist bigotry' is nonsense, but if you believe that what the GOP needs to do to win the presidency is run moderates I would suggest you ask former presidents McCain and Romney... both moderates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections