Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 11:27 AM

292 posts, read 323,553 times

Advertisements

So this thread isn't meant to blast Trump supporters (although I don't have much respect for them) but to ask an honest question about his policies and how he plans to execute things IF he were President.

Trump has basically turned Democrats, half of the Republican party and the media against him. He has clearly demonstrated that things are his way or the highway and not willing to compromise.

In order for laws and things to happen (ie. Muslim ban, build a wall on Mexico's border, deport ALL illegals, etc.), these things would have to go through and be approved by Congress. If he has turned the majority of Congress against him, and with many Republicans finding many of his policies far-fetched, the only way Trump can get these things passed is if he wiped out Congress and was the only one in power.

So are you Trump supporters supportive of dismantling Congress and having Trump as a dictator?

If he is already having problems with BOTH parties in Congress and not even elected yet, how can he possibly carry out these policies that he has promised that are so far-fetched and extreme? Congress controls where money goes for policies that a President wishes to execute.

So I am curious, in order to carry out what Trump has promised that you all support so boldly, a dictatorship seems like the only way that this stuff could happen. Would you support a Donald Trump dictatorship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 11:33 AM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Dictatorship and dismantling Congress?? That's not going to happen.

You know how you work around the Congress? You energize rank and file citizens and let them put the pressure on the Representatives.

I don't know if he will do that - but I am just answering your issue.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:37 AM

292 posts, read 323,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Dictatorship and dismantling Congress?? That's not going to happen.

You know how you work around the Congress? You energize rank and file citizens and let them put the pressure on the Representatives.

I don't know if he will do that - but I am just answering your issue.
But is Trump smart enough to do that? I don't think he would. He would be too busy Tweeting and demonizing all those who disagree with him.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:38 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukua View Post
.......... Would you support a Donald Trump dictatorship?
Yes, I would. Doing things his way has proven to be enormously beneficial for all involved.

Even Democrats know better than to turn the decision making over to the masses; that's why they destroyed Bernie while pretending to hold primary elections.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:38 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,669,792 times
You think Trump supporters have that much foresight? I don't. It's about the nuclear option and then like a phoenix rising out of the ashes everything will be so wonderful again...falalalala.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:40 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,949,906 times
I think you should be asking this to the Hillary and Obama supporters. If anyone wants a dictatorship it those people.
And BTW I have no respect at all for them.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:43 AM

5,895 posts, read 3,896,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I think you should be asking this to the Hillary and Obama supporters. If anyone wants a dictatorship it those people.
And BTW I have no respect at all for them.
You people are nuts. Trump is clearly the most authoritarian out of the bunch. Take your blinders off.

8,313 posts, read 3,922,811 times
Quote:
So this thread isn't meant to blast Trump supporters (although I don't have much respect for them) but to ask an honest question about his policies and how he plans to execute things IF he were President.

Trump has basically turned Democrats, half of the Republican party and the media against him. He has clearly demonstrated that things are his way or the highway and not willing to compromise.

In order for laws and things to happen (ie. Muslim ban, build a wall on Mexico's border, deport ALL illegals, etc.), these things would have to go through and be approved by Congress. If he has turned the majority of Congress against him, and with many Republicans finding many of his policies far-fetched, the only way Trump can get these things passed is if he wiped out Congress and was the only one in power.

So are you Trump supporters supportive of dismantling Congress and having Trump as a dictator?

If he is already having problems with BOTH parties in Congress and not even elected yet, how can he possibly carry out these policies that he has promised that are so far-fetched and extreme? Congress controls where money goes for policies that a President wishes to execute.

So I am curious, in order to carry out what Trump has promised that you all support so boldly, a dictatorship seems like the only way that this stuff could happen. Would you support a Donald Trump dictatorship?
Excellent question. The Trumpists have a lot of highly emotional hyperbole, but the question is, how far are they willing to go in tossing out America's Constitutional protections and election processes, in order to "make America great again"? At the end of this demolition they of course dream that the resulting nationalist Paradise will be great for THEM, even though history tells us that rarely works out. It will be interesting to see what sort of answers you get to this.

62,878 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:

We already had a dictator in Obama. Did you forget all of his EO's without congress' approval or forcing states to take refugees that they don't want? Trump didn't say he would bypass congress on any of his proposals.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:44 AM

5,895 posts, read 3,896,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We already had a dictator in Obama. Did you forget all of his EO's without congress' approval. Trump didn't say he would bypass congress on any of his proposals.
What about previous presidents who issued far more Executive Orders than Obama has?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections