Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 09:50 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,282,587 times

Advertisements

So much talk about integrity, trust, and anything else you'd like to point the finger at with either candidate. I don't like either choice. I was once for Trump, be as this has dragged on he continues to speak in generalities.

In tonight's debate, the first two issues discussed are important to me, the 2nd amendment and abortion. I know there are so many more issues out there, whether it be international trade or healthcare etc. But in focusing on the two items I mentioned, Trump lost me tonight whereas at least Hillary said what I wanted to hear in both regards.

Most who continue to push for some measures to try to work on gun deaths like Hillary don't say they want guns abolished or to get rid of the 2nd amendment, but want to continue to move in a direction to protect innocent lives from being lost. And I have always believed it's the woman's right to choose abortion without digging into details.

So if I was hanging my hat on key issues personal to me, Hillary won my vote tonight.

On a side note, Trump's answer to the question of accepting the outcome of the election was poor IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 09:57 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,706,599 times
Immigration: I advocate a path to legalization for illegal immigrants. I am not an advocate of "fortress America". I'd be thrilled to see more H1-B immigrants amongst the highly-skilled, with a fast-track to citizenship. I support the welcoming of refugees from the Middle East.

Trade and treaties: I'm in favor of TPP. NAFTA was and remains an excellent idea. I'd broaden trade-ties with China and with the EU, and work towards some arrangement with post-Brexit Britain. I'm a strong advocate of NATO and the UN.

Economics: I'm an unrepentant Keynesian, who believes in aggressive deficit-spending during recessions, and in raising taxes during recoveries. I'm a firm advocate of international collaboration (see above) in monetary policy, where central banks work together to tame instabilities in the market. I want to see policies that promote productivity-growth, and ultimately a healthy stock market - in the US, and worldwide.

Those are the issues for me. The social "wedge issues" - guns, abortion, flag-burning, LBGT, etc., are all secondary.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:08 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,939 times
Fair trade, strong border, government waste, lower taxes, conservative supreme court, government purge, second amendment.

Last edited by daylux; 10-19-2016 at 10:22 PM..

Old 10-19-2016, 10:16 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,837 times
2nd Amendment, Supreme Court that will uphold the Constitution, strong military, trade deals that are fair to America, controlling illegal immigration, foreign policy, a health care system that works--I trust Trump on these issues much more than I do Hillary.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:17 PM

15,831 posts, read 14,469,933 times
It comes down to this. The Hildabeast = Obama''s third term, and I've had no use for the first two. Trump is a wildcard, but, hopefully, with at least a little conservative bent.

Old 10-19-2016, 10:22 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
2nd Amendment-Hillary opposes Heller which affirmed that the 2nd is an individual right (like "the people" when referenced elsewhere in the BOR). Hillary is for mandatory registration (universal background checks). And Hillary lies saying you can order a gun sent to you over the internet.

"Free" college. I oppose others paying for anyone's college. Students SHOULD make a determined judgement and commitment to their degree choice, focusing on ones that provide earnings. Not just a 4-year party....paid for by the taxpayers. Granted we need to address the greed of the education industry.

Hillary's open borders policy and desire to import inadequately vetted, uneducated people that in many cases embrace a political system that vows to destroy us and anyone not part of their cult. Unwillingness to address the COST of criminal aliens (and even use the actual term) to the US taxpayer.

Both are far too willing to use the American military to keep Middle East Muslims from killing each other. Stupid-not worth the live of ONE American serviceman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections