Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 02:22 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree that it's probably rare for someone to starve to death in the United States. In fact, I've even been accused of being a right-wing fascist (by conservatives!) because of my views about "free stuff," and I'm a Democrat. However, there sure are a lot of hungry people who wish they didn't have to choose between a warm home, medicine and a good meal. I wish we could weed out the moochers and take care of those in need but, until we do, we can't turn our backs on the poor. IMO it's naive to believe everyone in our country has enough food. I know generations of welfare families, this is NOT helping the poor. How many of these hungry people have been brought in as refugees or illegal immigrates who had no chance here to begin with?

Fight Hunger With Knowledge
Actually, Bill O'Reilly challenged one of his guest to bring in a hungry person or anyone who knew someone starving......as of today nobody has been brought in, that was over 6 months ago. Plenty of places do have food for the poor, it is working people who are going without food, mostly because they own a home or car and have recently lost their job. Our countries priorities are more about making poor people, than helping people for a few months. Once someone is on welfare it is very hard to get ahead or off of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Not long ago, a neighbor used the expression "jew me down" and, because I try to get along with everyone, I explained it was very offensive. I also said "Jew is not a verb." Had she at least responded with, "Oh, I didn't realize that" or a simple "Sorry" I could have accepted her apology. But she just made excuses and told me she grew up in a rural area of WV and that's the way they spoke. Then she asked if I wanted to go out for some ch*nk food. (seriously)

No apology. No attempt to learn about other cultures and religions to learn to respect our differences. Just the old "political correctness" rant. I bet she's voting for Trump.
I bet you're a Hillary supporter and have ignored her racist emails.......while acting like you're so holy and worldly educated.

Last edited by wildflower82; 10-20-2016 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 02:35 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
DNC and Podesta's e-mails do not belong to the people. The DNC is a private organization; Clinton and Podesta are private individuals in these e-mails. The Russian hacks are thefts.
When they're doing dirty deals that involve Americans those emails become ours. If Hillary can't keep her emails safe than how the hell is she going to keep America safe? You seem to give Russia overwhelming smartness over Hillary or President Obama......possibly these two people are to dumb to secure anything!

Old 10-20-2016, 04:23 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The point is we wouldn't be having this conversation if he chose his words better, I understand that is what endears him to his supporters but he needed to move past pandering to his base.

Then why shouldn't Hillary move past pandering to her base one of which is Hispanics. She's not pandering with amnesty?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

I bet you're a Hillary supporter and have ignored her racist emails.......while acting like you're so holy and worldly educated.
I never said I was "worldly educated." Regarding the emails to which you refer, I made up my mind a long time ago. It's not the leaked Access Hollywood tape or the Wikileaks that helped me decide. It was the issues.

This thread is about Trump's use of the word "hombre" in the debate, not poverty and hunger. Too bad that, just like many forum posters and a certain candidate, you resorted to insults instead of having a civil discussion about an important subject.

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." ~Socrates

Old 10-20-2016, 08:00 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Wow, you are in some type of echo chamber. Everyone is talking about Trump not accepting the outcome, they are spinning it twenty ways, projecting what would a president Trump do?
Personally i am saying " you are puppet " to my coworkers whenever i can work it in, so far î hasnt gotten old.
Oh please, like every election someone isn't calling the election rigged. Trump wiped the floor with Hillary and all you got was a t-shirt from Trump that said, "bad hombre". hahahahahahaha.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:06 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
He used it as a derogatory term, when you say hombre you don't mean anything but the Hispanics and Latinos.
A large percentage of the illegal immigrants coming here are rejects ando criminals from South of the border. They are getting helped to come here so we have to deal with them.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:45 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh please, like every election someone isn't calling the election rigged. Trump wiped the floor with Hillary and all you got was a t-shirt from Trump that said, "bad hombre". hahahahahahaha.
Seriously please supply any evidence that America believes Trump "wiped the floor with Hillary". I'd love to see your sources that feeds your dillusion. Me? I have been following all the national polls and every single one has your boy getting his ass kicked.

You remember those polls right? The ones Trump loved to reference when they showed good news during the primaries,, then dismissed when they did not.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:49 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,705 times
All the faux outrage on the part of the trumpists is so funny. Everyone knows that when trump said it he meant in in a derogatory way, but, noooooo... only clinton can say something and be reviled for it.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:07 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
It's anti-intellectualism at its worst. The more you understand and acknowledge about the world around you, the more it works against the self-ratifying self-motivated attitudes and behaviors for which Trump advocates. To stay strongly supportive of Trump, it is therefore necessary to demean intelligence, demean compassion, demean nuance, demean understanding.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:14 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Hombre means man in Spanish so to me when he was referring to the drug lords and the like from Mexico it did not come off as derogatory at all as much as fact. Of course I don't get PC and in a tiff over such words, that's something others can harp on. If it wanted to be newsworthy then it should have been him saying the derogatory "S" word or something similar.
and to add to that, if "Hombre" is a spanish word, why arnt people from SPAIN upset?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections