Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 07:27 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Like Trump I doubt there will be an admission of getting it wrong and self-correction.
Never. Most of my experiences at Planned Parenthood have been for reproductive health visits when either uninsured or, more recently, insured but having a hard time getting in to my gynecologist at hours that work for my schedule in a timely manner. It was Planned Parenthood that taught me to do a monthly self-breast exam as a late teenager (something that was never mentioned by any of my PCPs or other medical professionals due to my age) that allowed me to discover my own cancer at the ripe old age of 23.

Planned Parenthood also provided kind, compassionate care when I was surprised with a wanted-but-supposedly-impossible pregnancy post-chemo and had to undergo an abortion due to severe health complications.

I will forever be in Planned Parenthood's debt. Lying about their services just makes people look awfully ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 07:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Like Trump I doubt there will be an admission of getting it wrong and self-correction.
By know-it-all Trumpkins?

NEVER.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:42 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Never. Most of my experiences at Planned Parenthood have been for reproductive health visits when either uninsured or, more recently, insured but having a hard time getting in to my gynecologist at hours that work for my schedule in a timely manner. It was Planned Parenthood that taught me to do a monthly self-breast exam as a late teenager (something that was never mentioned by any of my PCPs or other medical professionals due to my age) that allowed me to discover my own cancer at the ripe old age of 23.

Planned Parenthood also provided kind, compassionate care when I was surprised with a wanted-but-supposedly-impossible pregnancy post-chemo and had to undergo an abortion due to severe health complications.

I will forever be in Planned Parenthood's debt. Lying about their services just makes people look awfully ignorant.
Same here.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:00 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,699,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

I am saddened to hear of your medical issues, and glad to know that you were able to overcome them.

Unfortunately, we can't expect anyone who lies about PP to ever examine the evidence to the contrary, or even provide an apology for lying.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:06 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Many county health departments offer mammography, birth control and other associated services for women's health care on a sliding scale (based on ability to pay), but they do not offer abortions. Those on Medicaid have these services covered through providers.

We all know what Hillary means by "women's health issues". I never considered my pregnancy a "health issue" as how sad would that have been for the baby I carried.

I think Medicaid also offers sterilization in our state under birth control.

My parents used condoms to prevent pregnancy for 40 years without a woops! I guess they were motivated or is that responsible?

Old 10-21-2016, 08:09 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,722 times
My wife over 17 years ago had to have an abortion as well. She was on severe pain killers and other steroids for months and on the day prior to a surgery found out she was pregnant due to the routine pre surgery tests. Surgery was vital and it was postponed to allow for the abortion. Keeping abortion legal in safe in NYC made my wife's issues much easier to resolve. She has the surgery, recovered her health, and two years later we had our daughter. Everyone here who is anti abortion would likely have done the same thing as she did, as we did. But what does mammograms have to do with abortions.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:11 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I never considered my pregnancy a "health issue" as how sad would that have been for the baby I carried.
You were fortunate.

It is an issue for millions of women who don't have the needed prenatal care without programs like offered low cost or free by PP and other clinics. Aren't we a GREAT NATION (yes, Trumpkins, Great) that we can provide this to folks who can't afford it?

Old 10-21-2016, 08:14 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
http://i.imgur.com/sa9eDQj.png

There are NO LICENSED facilities with Planned Parenthood for mammograms. Sorry liberals, you are again WRONG.

NOR do they offer cancer screenings in the way it was presented by her:

Fact-Check: No, Planned Parenthood Does Not

Again, you all making that claim are still WRONG.

Planned Parenthood is for killing babies.
She never mentioned mammograms?

You realize breast exams and pap smears are FIRST LINE DEFENSE cancer screenings and are performed at PP????

I hope you're not a woman.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:17 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Let us not forget the admiration that Hillary has for Margaret Sanger because that is dirt that lurks behind Hillary's obsession with getting PPP or keeping them in poor neighborhoods of color:

Kelleigh Nelson -- Hillary Loves Margaret Sanger And Planned Parenthood

bxlover: Do you consider abortion to be pre-natal care? I do not. I consider it stopping the heartbeat of a baby, destruction of life. Used for eugenics?

Rather than destroy babies in the name of economics, let's bring back jobs and get people working, ship out the illegal aliens so that blacks who are most affected by amnesty of illegals have jobs, have insurance and it continues through the generations.

God gave people free will, but expect that people will take a stand against the killing of babies who have rights as human beings. All one has to do is look at the photos of an aborted baby to see that the baby was a person. It isn't rocket science so you would think that even Hillary's supporters could figure it out!

Old 10-21-2016, 08:21 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,597,722 times
I don't consider abortions to be a position for people to be able to judge others for. Things in life occur. Woman in your own family, perhaps your mother, perhaps you may have had an abortion. I don't buy the sanctimonious approach many people take. Sometimes things occur and if its a sin, that's between the person and their God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections