Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you voting against all republicans -- even down ballot?
YES! I'll be voting against the repugs aaaaallll down the line, thanks. 58 66.67%
No -- they're not all bad. If you cut them, do they not bleed? You just gotta watch them is all... (and no water after midnight) 9 10.34%
Hell -- I'm repugnant myself! Progress is for pansies! As long as I have m'guns, I don't need no stinkin' gub-mint! 11 12.64%
I'll be making well-considered choices, because most politicians of all stripes are scoundrels. (Just kidding -- I'm going to punish the bastards) 9 10.34%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 11:02 AM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post

I'll be voting against ALL republicans -- even down ballot, whether I've heard of them or not ... and I encourage everyone else with eyes and ears to do so too.

If you're anti trumpism -- will you be voting anti-republican even down ballot too?
Pretty sad, but not surprising. But sweeping generalizations is the common practice of people without a strong thought process.

I would vote for a yellow dog over Hillary because she is that corrupt and dishonest.

However I will not taint all other (D's) with her character flaws. They might not be perfect, but neither are they flawed and unethical to the core like Hillary is.
I've voted for the people I trust and think will make my county, city, state and federal government better. Though most of my votes have been for (R's), rest assured I have also voted for (D's).

Anyone who is so myopic as to blindly vote for or against someone just because of a letter next to their name is to be pitied, and is what is wrong with our polarized political system.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 11:07 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,174,827 times
I have voted for two republicans for local offices since I cast my first vote for George McGovern in 1972. I voted McGovern because of that SOB Nixon, and I've been a Yellow Dog Democrat since then.

That said, I would have voted for Jon Huntsman, whose intelligence and ideas cross all party lines, but the republican party was too busy kissing on the Tea Party to consider him. That attitude morphed into a Trump candidacy <snicker>, which may well keep them out of mainstream politics for the next twenty years. Their eternal loss. I hate that.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:14 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
I live in a district that the Republicans gerrymandered for the biggest waste of fresh air in Congress: Trent Franks. My district is 85% Republican. It's full of evangelicals, teabaggers, racists, and assorted mean and hateful people.

I'm voting Libertarian, Green, and Democratic. BTW, John McCain has been in office for more than 30 yrs. I'm voting against him. Trent Franks opponent is somebody from the Green Party. I'm voting against Trent too.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:15 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
no

Old 10-21-2016, 11:21 AM

16,550 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I have voted for two republicans for local offices since I cast my first vote for George McGovern in 1972. I voted McGovern because of that SOB Nixon, and I've been a Yellow Dog Democrat since then.

That said, I would have voted for Jon Huntsman, whose intelligence and ideas cross all party lines, but the republican party was too busy kissing the Tea Party's ass to consider him. That attitude morphed into a Trump candidacy <snicker>, which may well keep them out of mainstream politics for the next twenty years. Their eternal loss. I hate that.
LOL, as being a yellow dog Democrat goes back a lot further than Nixon/McGovern. It goes all the way back to when southern Democrats hated Republicans for "freeing the slaves and having carpetbagging blacks descend on their way of life".

The irony of you using that term is because I have never respected anyone who would blindly vote against a person (or for them) just because of the letter next to their name.

Having said that, this election I am angry at the Democrats because they have turned me into a yellow dog voter myself.
Not against all Democrats mind you, but against Hillary. So I am left to vote for Trump (not my cup of tea) because he is the only one to stop her. Yet I do not hold that against every candidate with a (D) beside their name.

So even though McGovern was before my time, based on what I know of him, I'd vote for him or anyone running against Hillary. Mondale, Carter, Dukakis, Gore, you name them. WHY?
Simple
Even if I am not ideologically aligned with them, most have some integery, ethics, and honesty. Thus I would support them over someone rotten to their core like Hillary is.

That would also include a yellow dog.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Not I. While I shall certainly for for Hillary Rodham Clinton, there are some Republican judges that I feel do a good job and should be re-elected.

Years ago, I worked for an attorney whom decided to run for a state district judge position. He was not political, but he had to choose a party, so he chose Republican (not unusual here in Texas). He won and served well until his death.

If, as usually happens, there is a local race in which I have no idea whom the people are, I skip voting for anyone.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:22 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpicture View Post
They brought us "trickle down"... They brought us the Iraq War... They brought us the "Great Recession"... They brought us the "culture wars" (and lost)...

They brought us obstructionism and the first downgrade of america's credit rating in all our history -- a bad portent.

All the republican party's "greatest hits"...

Now they've brought us what most thinking people see as the singularly most unqualified, most dangerous presidential candidate in American history, eager to undermine the democratic process, backed by a legion of armed deplorables...

...And even if he's cast down, they brought us "trumpism".

I say enough is enough. These people have brought us nothing good in modern times -- certainly not in a generation. Their scoundrelism is a drag on progress, and without progress, there's nothing but stagnation.

I'll be voting against ALL republicans -- even down ballot, whether I've heard of them or not ... and I encourage everyone else with eyes and ears to do so too.

If you're anti trumpism -- will you be voting anti-republican even down ballot too?
I'm voting against Hillary. Well, and all other Democrats, too, to be honest. Clintons, Reid, Pelosi, Obama, Rangle, Weiner, Schumer, John Edwards - those are Democrats and I consistently vote to keep them at home.

It's working! We sent a bunch home in 2012, even more in 2014, and now we face 2016. We've come a long way since The Dems held a super majority.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:24 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,005 times
You should have widened your poll to include not voting for the clowns on the other side of the coin, the democrats. I see zero difference in many areas these days between the two sides of the same corrupt coin.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:28 AM

14,766 posts, read 8,093,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yep. After the government shut down; refusal to work with President Obama; now John McCain promising to block any Supreme Court Judge that is nominated - GET THEM OUT.

I'm sick of them.

^ Great post.That really sums up how I feel also.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:34 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,282 times
I will definitely be voting a straight Democrat ballot. There needs to be a Democrat-controlled congress in order to get things done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections