Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 12:39 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,755,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
yeah, thought it was low to make a joke at his wife's expense especially as she seems to be his biggest supporter despite all his issues
I knew it was something dealing with his wife because he hesitated and said that he was going to get into trouble with this one and that he's going to hear about it when he gets home. His wife did laugh at it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Trump's remark about Hillary "pretending not to hate Catholics" was very awkward, especially for this dinner.
Yes it was awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Thread TLTR, too lazy to Google.

Is there a Youtube video of this event?
https://www.c-span.org/video/?416979...l-smith-dinner

In the end, it was nice to see them joking around and having a good time. There was even a time where you heard Hillary laugh pretty loud. Also the cause that they were there for raised 6 million (which from what they said is a record).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 01:08 PM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,647,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Nice try but I didn't have time to watch any TV after that in fact any TV programs at that.
How incredibly convenient that you had just enough time to justify what you mentioned before without citing any time commitment considerations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nah, the best line was Trump's pardon me.
It could have been, but then he went and added an extra sentence that damaged the joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump bombed. He left the room in a hurry with a scowl on his face just like at the last debate. He's whipped and he knows it.
There's a half-second video of Trump at the end of the third debate letting the frustration of his failure show through, ripping his notes in half, and then gaining back his composure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't think he blew it at all. Hillary has been very nasty and unethical.

Trump had no clue what she had prepared for as he had to go first and from what we know with the tapes that have proven that the Democrats are behind the incidents at rally's and emails from Wikileaks that have come out we know how Mrs Nasty really feels about the Trump and Bernie voters!

Don't talk about Trump being low while it is the Democratic nominee who is disgustingly low!
What incredibly self-ratifying nonsense: "Trump had to go low because he didn't know how low Clinton would go?" What is he? Three years old? He's supposed to be an adult.

You probably don't realize it, but you've insulted Donald Trump in your comment here more than any liberal has in this forum.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:22 PM

1,194 posts, read 721,082 times
Default The Media Goes Insane Over Remarks By Trump Attacking Hillary During The Al Smith Dinner

Aww poor babies... Mean Donald hurt your feelings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZwLOmw711o

Old 10-21-2016, 01:50 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,055,430 times
No, everyone is observing how much of a poor sport he is. This dinner is intended to facilitate civility between political opponents with humor. You are supposed to be self-deprecating and offer good natured ribbing to the opponent. That is the entire premise. Watch the same event from 2008 and 2012 -- Obama, Romney and McCain were all classy and very funny.

If Trump's material was funny, that's one thing. It wasn't at all (I did like the "pardon me" and Melania's plagiarism). He was getting booed for a reason.

Very petty.

Mick

Old 10-21-2016, 01:54 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,236,451 times
Trump was an idiot in this case, and Hillary lowered herself a few times too. I don't care how heated this election is. This event was supposed to have put all of that aside, and Donald started the downfall by making it personal in a non funny and low road way.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:57 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,540,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, everyone is observing how much of a poor sport he is. This dinner is intended to facilitate civility between political opponents with humor. You are supposed to be self-deprecating and offer good natured ribbing to the opponent. That is the entire premise. Watch the same event from 2008 and 2012 -- Obama, Romney and McCain were all classy and very funny.

If Trump's material was funny, that's one thing. It wasn't at all (I did like the "pardon me" and Melania's plagiarism). He was getting booed for a reason.

Very petty.

Mick

Did you know he passed gas too? What a stinker he is. You must have missed that. Maybe some folks will come forward, closer to the election night and expose him.

You can expect Boos's since its a Republican dominated event, and a lot of Hillary Sheeple People. I love seeing Liberals slamming the Donald. Shows us that he is doing something right, and is
still a big problem for Hillary.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:02 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,453,755 times
Damn media. If they did their homework they would have realized Bill Bush wrote those works and made Trump deliver them. So unbiased. So Unfair. It's rigged bigly.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Did you know he passed gas too? What a stinker he is. You must have missed that. Maybe some folks will come forward, closer to the election night and expose him.

You can expect Boos's since its a Republican dominated event, and a lot of Hillary Sheeple People. I love seeing Liberals slamming the Donald. Shows us that he is doing something right, and is
still a big problem for Hillary.
In the event's long history, nobody has been booed like that. No booes for Romney or McCain. So it's not liberal/_______ thing (I was going to say "conservative" but apparently that's not what Trump is selling).

Mick

Old 10-21-2016, 02:13 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,255,817 times
Lol, everything in life is rigged according to trumpers...

Old 10-21-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Damn media. If they did their homework they would have realized Bill Bush wrote those works and made Trump deliver them. So unbiased. So Unfair. It's rigged bigly.
I love how the guy's last name is Bush. In two ways.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections