Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 03:43 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times

Advertisements

Here's how the Republicans try to "rig" the elections by having fewer polling places and shortened early voting in precincts that have more Democrats. First article has photos of people waiting in long lines.

Long Lines in North Carolina after Early Voting Slashed

North Carolina Won't Stop Suppressing the Vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Did these poor folks come in on the poop charter bus?

Old 10-21-2016, 04:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
They did that in FL in 2008. I waited on line for 5 hours. I was with my 2 daughters as they were voting for the first time.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:14 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Did these poor folks come in on the poop charter bus?
Nah, just regular folk trying to vote. Seems the good 'ol boys in North Carolina are starting to panic because their state is slowly turning blue, so they try to make it harder to vote to suppress turnout.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:27 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Whaddaya know... republicans trying to manipulate voting. Guess gerrymandering wasn't enough for them.

"Dozens of counties voted to slash the number of early voting locations — especially targeting areas of high Democratic voter turnout like college campuses and African-American neighborhoods. Many, but not all, of these cuts were blocked by the state Board of Elections.

Mecklenburg County — offered 22 locations for the first day of early voting in 2012. This year, they offered only 10. Voters reported waiting for more than three hours to cast a ballot.North Carolina state and county officials pursued these cuts despite the overwhelming popularity of early voting. More than half of all the votes cast in the 2012 election were cast early and in person, and black voters in particular favor early and in-person voting."

https://thinkprogress.org/north-caro...748#.c9ktqkgeu

Old 10-21-2016, 04:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Turns out that in N. Carolina, S. Carolina & Georgia ...... they were shocked at the number of Early Voters that showed up on Day 1 - 19 days before the elections. It's like a 15-20% increase.
The requests for mail in ballots is way up also.

States will add more locations - Dems always complain and sue when they don't think the vote is going their way. That's SOP.

Does anyone have a picture of the long lines of ONLY Black Voters that are being "suppressed"?
I saw the pictures from Georgia - it was a mixed crowd in a heavily Republican County.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:31 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
They did that in FL in 2008. I waited on line for 5 hours. I was with my 2 daughters as they were voting for the first time.
If you live in Florida--just order your ballot by mail online. You can mail it in or drop it off.

It will make your life much easier. So much easier.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to do it is if your address doesn't match your voter registration card because you've moved, etc.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:33 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Here's how the Republicans try to "rig" the elections by having fewer polling places and shortened early voting in precincts that have more Democrats. First article has photos of people waiting in long lines.

Long Lines in North Carolina after Early Voting Slashed

North Carolina Won't Stop Suppressing the Vote
Yes, and they also want voter ID too.

Why do we need "early voting?" It leads to more fraud.

The Democrats are masters at voter fraud. Do you ever comment on what they do? They wrote the book on it! Get a life.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:51 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, and they also want voter ID too.

Why do we need "early voting?" It leads to more fraud.

The Democrats are masters at voter fraud. Do you ever comment on what they do? They wrote the book on it! Get a life.

Yes, with all the dems on video admitting to massive voter fraud, it time for common sense voter ID laws.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If you live in Florida--just order your ballot by mail online. You can mail it in or drop it off.

It will make your life much easier. So much easier.

The only reason you wouldn't be able to do it is if your address doesn't match your voter registration card because you've moved, etc.
I liked going because I was in a republican area. I have moved and it seems to be almost half and half so I will try it this time. Already got my new card with the change of address. I will probably vote early this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections