Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 02:42 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Something tells me that Trump's supporters will fail to provide an adequate response to your question, and as a consequence, through their inability to do so, demonstrate that Trump effectively spewed a much of nonsense to try to dupe people into thinking that he was going to "drain the swamp" when in reality once he got to Washington he would have said, "Ooops, sorry - that's not within my purview." Or worse, he'd issue an EO which would be ignored as outside his authority and power to enforce. Or worse still, he'll try to enforce it, thereby committing an impeachable offense.
There are a lot of people who want term limits. So even if he can't get it passed he can garner a lot of votes for holding the position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 02:43 PM

16,532 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
In other words: you have nothing. It looks bad on the surface so you're just going to assume the worse.

You'll excuse people like me who are more facts based.

It's not me who is proclaiming there is no evidence, it's the government agencies who looked into it who said that. If you disagree, you should have more solid evidence than, "Well, it looks bad..."
Liberals are such hypocrites.
The rule was not made up by me, rather it has been in place before we were born, so as to not appear as if something is inappropriate. Many professions like the legal system use the principle, and for good reason.

Regardless, you just ignore (willfully) the reality of the situation. But lets see why you think critics are all wet.
What do you think is the reason GS or others have paid Hillary massive amounts of money for one speech?

Please don't insult our intelligence by playing semantics saying the ubiquitous "access" word. Or if you are going to use the term instead of payola, bribes, favors, explain EXACTLY what access means to you?
For example there are reports that Gulf State sheiks have paid Hillary & Bill 100 million dollars. What are they getting for their money in your estimation

Old 10-24-2016, 03:11 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
You want to talk about stupid - Where did I say it's ok for Hillary but not for Trump????.
Exactly, you have not done anything but bash trump.......

Quote:
It's you guys who TRIED to make it seems like Hillary collecting speaking fees is some kind of blasphemy while giving Trump a pass when he took in even more speaking fees, and for a group that also had a hand in creating the Great Recession.
Maybe you don't understand the difference in a PRIVATE speech (hillary, we cannot read the transcripts, yet we know she say one thing to us, and say another to them) vs. an speech that is open to the public.

Quote:
No you cannot. The stupidity of the Right never ceases to astound me.
Yup, you cannot make this crap up, that the left continues to push the narrative that "well trump makes more money" and yet we know exactly what trump said, not a damn thing what hillary said, except she tells us one thing and the rich another....

So damn sad you cannot figure that out....expected, yet still sad.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Already debunked.

Google is your friend, next time learn the facts before you speak.

Next.
Then provide YOUR link, I want to read what you are reading, that way, if I find a link, you can just say, well that's not the link I looked at....

But, it's understandable you may not be able to back yourself up.....

Old 10-24-2016, 03:18 PM

Hahahahhahahhahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So, why would people pay to just have conversations with her? That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard......

She was the SoS, but I'm gonna donate to her, just to talk crap with her....

How f'n ignorant can ya get....

Old 10-24-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
And there is absolutely no proof that "favors" were given. None. Nada.

If you have proof, you should alert the MSM. Otherwise, you're just telling tall tales.
And there is no proof that trump touched any women.....period....none nada....

Yet, it the perception.....not if it really happened.....the left is amazing....lol.....

If you have proof, you should alert the MSM. Otherwise, you're just telling tall tales.....

Old 10-24-2016, 04:18 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are a lot of people who want term limits. So even if he can't get it passed he can garner a lot of votes for holding the position.
Only among those who are not smart enough to know they're being played by promises that he'll do something that is outside his authority.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:09 PM

26,456 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Donald Trump charged $1.5 millions per speech.

Where is the outrage?
You can't believe there is an honest comparison.

Trump:
1) an expert in Real Estate paid $$$$$$$ to attend a Real Estate Investors convention, because he has knowledge of Real Estate and is a draw
2) Attendees pay to attend the event in part to see Trump and other events
3) Group putting on the event makes a profit $$$$ off of event
4) People know what Trump said at the event

Hillary:
1) not an expert in Wall Street gets paid $$$$$$$$$ to speak at Wall Street events due to selling influence
2) Attendees do not pay, but are employees
3) Wall Street is not generating direct revenue from the event, but actually taking a loss (and getting a tax write off for paying Hillary)
4) People do not know what Hillary said at the event outside of the WikiLeaks where Hillary shows to be a servant of Wall Street.

Little BeBopeep has lost her sheep.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:02 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Only among those who are not smart enough to know they're being played by promises that he'll do something that is outside his authority.
All candidates take positions to work for things they themselves can not actually do alone.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Democrats are the party of the rich and well connected
Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections