Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 11:10 AM

16,059 posts, read 10,652,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You really don't get it, which is fine. Trump is loyal to his supporters and has the energy, unlike Hillary, to actually get out and around to everyone. I suspect we have the "green eyed monster" issue here.

While Hillary concentrates on where to get votes (or cash), Trump is concentrating on reaching out to Americans with his message and introducing them to the movement. Trump appreciates those that support him enough to take time to show up to their towns. I think it is great! He also sends a lot of surveys/polls to subscribers of his website asking what we want.

Trump rallies are like the Pope going out to hold a public mass. It's only Trumplings or those going out for the spectacle. Trump (who actually thinks he is infallible) just preaches to his choir.

There is no "movement" other than Trump and the reason why he holds these rallies is to reap the adoration and ego boost from his cult of followers. The saps eat it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Trump is just being decent and not playing favorites, not really playing a game at all.

One of the funniest things I've read all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 11:15 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,176,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Trump rallies are like the Pope going out to hold a public mass. It's only Trumplings or those going out for the spectacle. Trump (who actually thinks he is infallible) just preaches to his choir.

There is no "movement" other than Trump and the reason why he holds these rallies is to reap the adoration and ego boost from his cult of followers. The saps eat it up.

Then Hillary's rallies are like an airborne disease nobody wants to get or get behind for.

She has a difficult time filling a gymnasium and even then has to pay people to attend from what I heard.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:41 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,497,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Most people going to his rallies are already voting for him, so it's really just a chance for him to say something stupid and get on the news.
Exactly! He hasn't been trying to get new people but he feels important doing these.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
The only blessing is that he ruined his brand name in the process, Karma is a B.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yet he's currently ahead 120K votes, the first time in History, a Republican was ahead pre-election day..
Link?

Old 10-23-2016, 01:11 PM

11,989 posts, read 5,269,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
And yet he's currently ahead 120K votes, the first time in History, a Republican was ahead pre-election day..
Quote:
In Florida, a record 3.1 million people have requested ballots, more than one-third of the total voters in 2012. Democrats have requested almost as many ballots as Republicans: 39 percent vs. 40 percent.

By comparison, in 2008, Republicans held a lead of 49 percent to 32 percent in requests, according to an analysis for AP by Catalist, a Democratic analytical firm. Obama won in Florida in 2008 and 2012.
The article below indicates that Republicans are running ahead of early vote numbers in a few states, but Florida is not one of them. Places where there is an R uptick include Georgia, Iowa and Ohio. D numbers are better in Colorado, Florida and North Carolina.

Early Voting Data Shows Strengths for Trump and Clinton - ABC News

Last edited by Bureaucat; 10-23-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-23-2016, 01:24 PM

10,198 posts, read 6,274,942 times
Early ballots and voter-registration numbers show Democrats surging in Florida

As I was filling out my Florida ballot last Wednesday, I got a call from the local Democratic Party office, telling me it was not too last to request a mail in ballot. Way head of you, woman. I live in SW Florida and all I ever see are Hillary ads on TV. This area might be Republican territory but Hillary isn't giving up. Republican Women who don't want Trump?

Trump holding big rallies isn't going to do any good whatsoever when a lot of people have already made up their minds, and voted by mail. Next weekend starts early voting at the polls in Florida.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 31,079,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Early ballots and voter-registration numbers show Democrats surging in Florida

As I was filling out my Florida ballot last Wednesday, I got a call from the local Democratic Party office, telling me it was not too last to request a mail in ballot. Way head of you, woman. I live in SW Florida and all I ever see are Hillary ads on TV. This area might be Republican territory but Hillary isn't giving up. Republican Women who don't want Trump?

Trump holding big rallies isn't going to do any good whatsoever when a lot of people have already made up their minds, and voted by mail. Next weekend starts early voting at the polls in Florida.
They're betting on illegals and Yankees in SW FL who vote the way they did back home.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
They're betting on illegals and Yankees in SW FL who vote the way they did back home.
Illegals can't vote and SW Florida doesn't have many Yankees.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:43 PM

24,492 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:
Because she's not a clown running a circus.
No, she is not a clown. Only corrupt and dishonest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections