Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,103,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I think there is a topic here, but not entirely sure so, lets keep in mind...

IF Obama wins
The topic was whether Obama would use the "Curan" during his swearing-in ceremony.

All logical evidence was used repeatedly over the course of several pages, which was all rejected by Floridabound. You can only point out that someone is not a muslim, thus would have no reason to use the Koran so many times before a thread turns into this.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:03 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,661,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
The topic was whether Obama would use the "Curan" during his swearing-in ceremony.

All logical evidence was used repeatedly over the course of several pages, which was all rejected by Floridabound. You can only point out that someone is not a muslim, thus would have no reason to use the Koran so many times before a thread turns into this.
Your logical opinion might be wrong. I have not rejected it all all. I have read every single post and it has not lead me or anyone else to a LOGICAL conclusion of what he might do. It is important to many of us what the REAL answer is and not what people may think!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:07 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Your logical opinion might be wrong. I have not rejected it all all. I have read every single post and it has not lead me or anyone else to a LOGICAL conclusion of what he might do. It is important to many of us what the REAL answer is and not what people may think!
Ok. I'm going to ask this, but I don't know what good it will do.

If you were elected to public office, would YOU swear in on a copy of the Koran?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,103,650 times
Quote:
Hence my concerns over McCain. No one has been able to assuage my doubts over whether he would molest children once he becomes President. I mean, sure you could point out that he has no history of child molestation, and he isn't currently a child molester, but that doesn't mean he won't become one as President.

I'm just trying to find out the REAL answer too. I don't know why liberals are so afraid of it.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,113,560 times
Is there any reason you might suspect, think or otherwise that a US citizen running for office and I believe a Christian, by his definition, would swear in on the Koran? My limited knowledge indicates that only a Muslim would use or subscribe to the bible's alternative?

Curious and

Quote:

Old 02-27-2008, 11:16 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,594,667 times
Quote:
And what would you surmise is the REAL answer?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:18 AM

265 posts, read 664,879 times
Quote:
Thank you.

You asked about Muslim, Black supremeist or radical liberal. I wondered that myself and have researhed some info below to find out. Google Michelle Obamas college thesis under her madine name.

There is nothing wrong with the question as I am still undecided about whom to vote for, I do not like McCain and just now took the time to read Michelle Obamas college thesis and it is frightening. It looks like I am going to do a write in this election because none of the three are qualified and I surely do not want us to make another mistake to only find out after the fact that anything hidden is going to come out after it is too late.

The thesis is everything you do not want to see in American and just about did me in. Someone is lying and hiding information and Princeton even took the time to close the records of her thesis until after the election. But, others had copies thank goodness.

Someone is getting protected for some reason.
Do you have any links on Michelle Obama? I distrust both of them; Hillary and Obama.
McCain better take some speedy charm school lessons and start speaking to his base; conservatives aren't fooled like liberals are.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:23 AM

I am frightened by this leap and logic. Literally frightened because my family came from the Soviet Bloc and I might get deported as a Communist; that is of course if this was the 1950s and McCarthy was running the show.

And a man doesn't elect or select his name or where he is born: it is more often accident or happenstance and dependent upon his parents. My own children weren't born in this here country, have odd names but are American and will surely pledge their oath on the bible if that is what is fitting for this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
Yes, I saw how you were up against it and what to heck was wrong with the question; the Obama scares me. Muslim? Black Supremist? Radical liberal?
And it appears that he's got some of the crowd bamboozled.
We won't go into the reasons for that but it is frightening; like some twilight Zone episode where we are the only ones alive amongst zombies.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:29 AM

265 posts, read 664,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I am frightened by this leap and logic. Literally frightened because my family came from the Soviet Bloc and I might get deported as a Communist; that is of course if this was the 1950s and McCarthy was running the show.

And a man doesn't elect or select his name or where he is born: it is more often accident or happenstance and dependent upon his parents. My own children weren't born in this here country, have odd names but are American and will surely pledge their oath on the bible if that is what is fitting for this country.
I hate to be flippant, but it doesn't take much to frighten you, comrade.
Have a shot of vodka and chill out, we have months of this before election.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:33 AM

I prefer my own poisons, thank you, comrade.

And in case you missed the humour, frightened was as in agonizingly disappointed in some folks logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting View Post
I hate to be flippant, but it doesn't take much to frighten you, comrade.
Have a shot of vodka and chill out, we have months of this before election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections