Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 07:38 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times

Advertisements

Let's face it, Donald Trump is like the second coming of George Wallace for the white nationalist groups here in the USA. This is probably the single most important event since the Civil Rights Movement for them. Not sure if this has helped Trump or hurt him in the long run though. Surely he has garnered the white racist votes; but did this push out other potential supporters? Someone here will have the answers.

Some quotes from Stormfront (white nationalist, white supremacist, neo-Nazi Internet forum)
“It appears Donald is taking the nuclear option against Political Correctness. I'm loving it!”
“I believe in Donald Trump - so should YOU!”

How White Nationalists Learned To Love Donald Trump - POLITICO Magazine

Old 10-25-2016, 07:48 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
The irony is that Trump is not a racist, though he will blurt out inappropriate stuff periodically. I truly believe that, even though I am voting against him.

Mick

Old 10-25-2016, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The irony is that Trump is not a racist, though he will blurt out inappropriate stuff periodically. I truly believe that, even though I am voting against him.

Mick
Maybe not, although his father was supposedly active in the KKK, and apparently was arrested in 1927 during a Klan riot.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iot-in-queens/

Trump will chase any vote fluttering in the breeze, anyone who feels disaffected or malcontented that he can manipulate.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:54 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
I don't think he thinks he's a racist. But lots of people who don't think they are racists are in fact racist.

Years ago, I attended a lecture by a rep from the KKK at this college. Right off the bat, someone asked the lecturer if he was a racist? This speaker representing modern day KKK denied up and down that he was a racist. He just wanted to keep the races separate.

The fact of the matter is nowadays even racists won't admit that they are racists. And I am convinced they are genuine with that claim. But that doesn't negate the fact that their beliefs and philosophy are racist at their core.

Just saying.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I don't think he thinks he's a racist. But lots of people who don't think they are racists are in fact racist.

Years ago, I attended a lecture by a rep from the KKK at this college. Right off the bat, someone asked the lecturer if he was a racist? This speaker representing modern day KKK denied up and down that he was a racist. He just wanted to keep the races separate.

The fact of the matter is nowadays even racists won't admit that they are racists. And I am convinced they are genuine with that claim. But that doesn't negate the fact that their beliefs and philosophy are racist at their core.

Just saying.
It is rather mind boggling, back in the day, people that were racist freely admitted it and now they try to spin to appear they aren't; almost as if they are ashamed of it. That really shows how far we have come as a society, in that it is such a stigma, not like the old days. Based on Trump's father's history, and their history of discrimination lawsuits, one would have to conclude that he is a racist sympathizer at least.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It is rather mind boggling, back in the day, people that were racist freely admitted it and now they try to spin to appear they aren't; almost as if they are ashamed of it. That really shows how far we have come as a society, in that it is such a stigma, not like the old days. Based on Trump's father's history, and their history of discrimination lawsuits, one would have to conclude that he is a racist sympathizer at least.
Is it really that much better, though? People still openly do racist things and not get called out on it. Take Hollywood, for example. They whitewash asian characters all the time and almost everybody accepts it as normal.

I admit that the YUGE improvement from the past is racism isn't instituted as government policy anymore, or at least we try not to. But there are still certain form of racism that even the most progressive, most liberal people I know deny that it's really racism.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
I believe they prefer the term race realists.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:20 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Recycling the old racism charge. The same one made against any opponent of the racist democrats. Good luck with that hypocrisy.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Recycling the old racism charge. The same one made against any opponent of the racist democrats. Good luck with that hypocrisy.
You think it's a total accident that Trump's rhetoric attracts pretty much every racist organization in the country?

Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Racist Democrats? Like Obama? He's the worst. The self-loathing is unbearable.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections