Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 12:43 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I still wouldn't underestimate the GOP. McCain may look like an idiot. He may sound like an idiot, but an election has been lost to an idiot twice now.
Agreed. This is OT, though. No sense talking logically on such a moronic thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 12:44 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
[Johnny Rocket's] fear is consuming [his] intellect.
What intellect?

Old 02-25-2008, 05:47 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,662,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
Well said.
Thank you.

There is allot to be learned of all three candidates and since the liberals over the past 7 years seem to think that Bush did such as terrible job and pryed into his and Cheneys life so much I see it only fitting that for now on we the people force any candidate for our Presidency to come clean with everything they have done or not done in their lifetime.

Kinda like us all being held to our credit reports, I believe the people have the right to know every minor detail of any candidate for the Presidency from now on.

How else are we going to know what really lies behind these people?

I want to know what type of toothpaste they use, what countries they have traveled to in their lifetime, their school and college records, military records etc and the list goes on and on. I want to know who their friends have been in the past, I want to see their financial records for the last 20 years, I want to know if they have anything hidden that we dont know about.

All three need to be totally clean with us, that way we dont make any mistake on who our President is going to be on day one!

I am the first that I have even known that has asked that any candidate for our Presidency be demanded upon to prove they are clean from the bottom to the top. And that means all candidates. We deserve the right to now everything about this person.

We CANNOT afford any mistakes people, this will be the most important election of a President in our time.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Be careful Johnny Rockets

The Obama followers wont allow you to post anything bad about him and accuse your of fear mongering when in fact they have plastered this entire section with their own fear type messages.

Might as well not quote anyone because his followers then will cut that person down personally in an attempt to destroy anything that will hurt their chances.

Is this what the liberal party is all about, it sure seems that way. For some reason the lib party goes after anyone with an axe to disprove or cut them down in anyway they can.

Do you all feel better now? Do you still need your hands held?

We know McCain and we know Hillary but for some reason none of us know much about Obama? What are they hiding and why are we not allowed to ask about him and his life? They are afraid of something I guess.
You sound ... troubled.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:45 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
What intellect?

I was assuming.

Yeah, I know the joke.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The cult of obama as opposed to the cult of Clinton???Whats the difference?
Neither seem able to accept that their gods are flawed in any way.
Mccain?? No faith in that man either.
The dual party system has failed yet again.
As for the Dems romping in November I dont see it quite that way. With a 13% approval rating I predict some bums getting voted out of office. I wouldn't shed a tear if every career politician were to be voted out of office.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
wouldn't shed a tear if every career politician were to be voted out of office.
That is really what this country needs. Excellent.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:50 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The cult of obama as opposed to the cult of Clinton???Whats the difference?
Well, first of all, we know she's a politician and don't try to pretend otherwise. There's no "movement" involved here. We support her wholeheartedly and if she loses, oh well. Hillary doesn't claim she's going to change the world and we don't expect her to do that. Our expectations are in line with the expectations we have of any politician -- that she accomplish a few good things and do no harm.

My hope is in Jesus alone; my vote goes to Hillary. Simple as that.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
im not drinking any koolaid
and i switched to republican after i watched hillary
and obama
good night.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Fear-mongering versus an indecisive candidate with the personality of a piece of wood. Fear-mongering won.
What "fear-mongering?" Terrorism is a very real threat, as we realized in 2001.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections