Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 02:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
You just used "marriage" as your "proof of consent"
Yes, it's actually a written legal consent.

Of course, a husband can still rape a wife or his life partner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 02:47 PM

305 posts, read 179,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yes, it's actually a written legal consent.

Of course, a husband can still rape a wife or his life partner.
So if a husband can rape his wife, how is marriage alone used as evidence in a defense of a man being accused of assault?

Old 10-27-2016, 02:50 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,704,652 times
Man Found Guilty of Raping His Wife - NYTimes.com

Fairfield man sentenced for raping wife - Central Maine

Man Found Guilty Of Raping His Wi

Marriage is not consent for sexual interaction. The same three tenets that I outlined above apply.

(Refusal to grant consent is typically valid grounds for divorce, of course. But not grounds for committing sexual assault.)

Old 10-27-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Great post. We'll need to keep repeating it.

Broaddrick stated she wasn't assaulted. Then she says she was. She said she wasn't intimidated. Then she says she was. She was such an unreliable historian, that Starr wouldn't even use her as a witness.

From the sounds of things, she went to a motel room with Bill. She told her husband nothing happened. She told her married lover, that she was raped.

Lewinsky made it clear from the beginning that she was the one flipping her thong underwear, there was no assault involved.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Incorrect. Monica was NOT in any position to give consent in this case.

Let's see what Mr. bUU posted for us:

https://www.rainn.org/articles/legal-role-consent

Quote:
Capacity to consent
A person’s capacity, or ability, to legally consent to sexual activity can be based on a number of factors, which often vary from state to state. In a criminal investigation, a state may use these factors to determine if a person who engaged in sexual activity had the capacity to consent. If not, the state may be able to charge the perpetrator with a crime. Examples of some factors that may contribute to someone’s capacity to consent include:

Relationship of victim/perpetrator: Was the alleged perpetrator in a position of authority, such as such as a teacher or correctional office?
Duh, Clinton was the president of United States, the most powerful position of authority in the country!

This alone proves that Clinton sexually assaulted Monica, and Hillary is just as guilty for supporting such a sexual predator.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
So if a husband can rape his wife, how is marriage alone used as evidence in a defense of a man being accused of assault?
? Wasn't that what I said? I said of course the husband can still rape the wife or his life partner.

If two employees got married, was there not enough to say there's no sexual assault during their office romance?

Old 10-27-2016, 02:58 PM
bUU

Quote:

Incorrect. Monica was NOT in any position to give consent in this case.

Let's see what Mr. bUU posted for us:

https://www.rainn.org/articles/legal-role-consent
You are correct. Clinton was in a position of power over Lewinsky and therefore she could not give consent.

That's one reason why I won't vote for Bill Clinton for POTUS.

Good thing he isn't on the ballot.

And now that you've finally come to understand the laws concerning sexual assault, as evidenced by your applying them to the Monica Lewinsky affair, do you have the integrity to admit you were wrong about Trump?

Old 10-27-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Man Found Guilty of Raping His Wife - NYTimes.com

Fairfield man sentenced for raping wife - Central Maine

Man Found Guilty Of Raping His Wi

Marriage is not consent for sexual interaction. The same three tenets that I outlined above apply.

(Refusal to grant consent is typically valid grounds for divorce, of course. But not grounds for committing sexual assault.)
Thank you for proving me right again. You have been enormously helpful today.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:01 PM
bUU

Quote:
Thank you for proving me right again. You have been enormously helpful today.
I'll ask you again: Now that you've finally come to understand the laws concerning sexual assault, as evidenced by your applying them to the Monica Lewinsky affair, do you have the integrity to admit you were wrong about Trump?

Old 10-27-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
You are correct. Clinton was in a position of power over Lewinsky and therefore she could not give consent.

That's one reason why I won't vote for Bill Clinton for POTUS.

Good thing he isn't on the ballot.

And now that you've finally come to understand the laws concerning sexual assault, as evidenced by your applying them to the Monica Lewinsky affair, do you have the integrity to admit you were wrong about Trump?
Once again, Hillary's support for Bill shows that she's just as guilty. Thank you for supporting both sexual predators.

Back to Trump, was he in a position of authority?

Old 10-27-2016, 03:02 PM
bUU

Quote:
Once again, Hillary's support for Bill shows that she's just as guilty.
No it doesn't. There is nothing on that page I provided the link to earlier that says a wife must condemn her husband for such transgressions.

I will ask you again: Do you have the integrity to admit you were wrong about Trump? Will you admit that what he's accused of constitutes sexual assault, and that there is enough evidence, at least with regard to the accusations from the People magazine writer (i.e., six outcry witnesses), to convict Trump of the crime, if the statute of limitations has not expired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections