Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After Trump wins, should polls be discarded forever?
Yes, please. 18 78.26%
No, let's continue to give establishment candidates a false sense of security right up to election day. 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:28 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times

Advertisements

The question asked is a double edge sword. If this was a "normal Cycle "I would think they are close.
Today the media is so partisan every number produced is suspected of being Skewed ???

Trump has certainly defied odds and Clinton has enjoyed over rated results. One has to wonder about John Podesta party with the Media in secret and what was discussed.

We can all agree that the number have not reflected what is going on the ground!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 01:28 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,914,400 times
No. Because Trump is going to lose, and the polls will be correct.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:29 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If a poll played this game on you, wouldn't you be "mad"? Or are you the worlds doormat and would remain silent on such manipulation?

Latest ABC News Presidential Poll Oversampled Democrats by 9%
I don't click on Gateway Pundit links. If you have a viable source for whatever argument it is you are trying to make, I'd be happy to read it.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:30 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
No. Because Trump is going to lose, and the polls will be correct.
Many will be surprised when Trump Wins. Libs and Dems will certainly let us feel their Pain!

Old 10-27-2016, 01:32 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in "reality." And reality has a well-known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert

Old 10-27-2016, 01:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Hullabaloo

Quote:
One of the emerging themes of the last weeks of the presidential campaign is the resurgence of the right’s “unskewed polls” theory, which holds that when Republicans are behind it’s because the pollsters are sampling the wrong people.

In 2012 this was taken so seriously that Election Night on Fox News was a legendary train wreck as Karl Rove and other guru pundits had to eat their words. There are other theories about “missing white voters” who are being activated by the appeal of Republican nominee Donald Trump to their economic anxieties and the “shy” Trump voters who are afraid to tell pollsters that they really like him.

Old 10-27-2016, 01:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I don't click on Gateway Pundit links. If you have a viable source for whatever argument it is you are trying to make, I'd be happy to read it.
You're an "educated" hil supporter, right, so you know how to search/and have educated yourself on such matters, right?

In any case, here's an MSM type article for you that shows the general trend of over-weighing dems over reps:

Why the poll Trump touts is so different from other polls - StarTribune.com

"The IBD survey did not publish the partisan breakdown of registered voters but did release unweighted and weighted counts of likely voters. The survey's unweighted sample found Democrats and Republicans tied on party identification (32 percent apiece), while weighted likely voters showed Democrats with a seven-point edge in party identification (35 percent to 29 percent). That margin is about similar to the average of party identification in recent live-interviewer phone surveys of likely voters by the Huffington Post, 36 percent Democratic and 31 percent Republican."

Also search on the Atlas polling recommendations from wikileaks and see the poll-rigging recommendations game your team is playing.

yes, I know, it's all from the russians/their fault and personal responsibility doesn't exist on your team.

Last edited by stevek64; 10-27-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Old 10-27-2016, 01:53 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
You're an "educated" hil supporter, right, so you know how to search/and have educated yourself on such matters, right?

In any case, here's an MSM type article for you that shows the general trend of over-weighing dems over reps:

"The IBD survey did not publish the partisan breakdown of registered voters but did release unweighted and weighted counts of likely voters. The survey's unweighted sample found Democrats and Republicans tied on party identification (32 percent apiece), while weighted likely voters showed Democrats with a seven-point edge in party identification (35 percent to 29 percent). That margin is about similar to the average of party identification in recent live-interviewer phone surveys of likely voters by the Huffington Post, 36 percent Democratic and 31 percent Republican."

Also search on the Atlas polling recommendations from wikileaks and see the poll-rigging recommendations game your team is playing.

yes, I know, it's all from the russians/their fault and personal responsibility doesn't exist on your team.
Yes, what I figured. You don't understand what oversampling is, nor the different between internal and public polling.

Moving on....

Old 10-27-2016, 02:01 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,466,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, what I figured. You don't understand what oversampling is, nor the different between internal and public polling.

Moving on....
Apparently you overlooked the most telling part of this:

"The IBD survey did not publish the partisan breakdown of registered voters but did release unweighted and weighted counts of likely voters."

Who cares about weighted/unweighted when the partisan breakdown of registered voter information wasn't released? Kind of important to be registered I think in order to vote...but then again in this day in age....

If polls are going to play a guessing game, all information should be released in my view.

And you conveniently didn't comment on the wikileaks/atlas voting recommendation by your team on how to over-sample. Like to get your comment on the games your team is playing/their interest in poll over sampling without the typical "it's the russians fault!" defense.

Old 10-27-2016, 02:33 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
I accept the premise of the thread, as long as you agree to stop making up excuses as to how the polls are skewed, or non-representative when he loses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections