Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you changed your mind by anything written here?
Yes 2 2.78%
No 70 97.22%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 09:51 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,120 times

Advertisements

Yes. And the most disheartening thing about this entire election is my fellow Americans. I can understand the concerns of modern American conservatives. I can understand the acceptance of the political status quo that the Democratic presidency, in conjunction with the Republican led congress, represents. But, what I can't understand is the willingness of so many of my fellow Americans to entrust their future presidential leadership to such an obvious and well documented charlatan with severe personality disorders and well documented cases of business failure, fraud and mendacity.
I see it as a case of mass depression and immaturity on Americans' part: they're willingness to destroy what we have, imperfect as it may be, speaks to Americans' inability to analyze their predicament and to roll up their sleaves and "fix it." Instead, they're suckers sucked in by pure emotional appeal and we'll all suffer for it if there are enough of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 AM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
They both like radishes or sour grapes- pick and chose. If Trump had been a professional, leader- businessman that encompassed all- he could have gotten my vote- but when the belly aching came against all including military and women- and there was no clear plan for his far fetched ideas, he lost me- He can't stay on point- and that is very unnerving with all of the world leaders in tow.. We are too BIG a country to play games- name calling -tweeting- and pointing fingers- like a child. He sounds like a kid to me, and at his age I expect better- he just threw Malania under the bus saying was going to do 3 or 4 speeches and she was like wha?? No respect shown again.
He has proven he does not hold that realm of diplomacy needed. Hillary, we all know what, when, and who- no real surprises, but they blame her for more than what is due on her plate- sticking with BILL- she did what's was right for her- and Melania did the same thing just now-- so ?? that's a private matter- as any type of leader of this country, it is NEVER in one voice alone that makes the decisions - you watch too many movies- This Independent - voted for Hill

Old 10-28-2016, 10:05 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
I thought of somethings I learned from these threads, myself... On occasion, I'm surprised to see yet-another matter of support for my preferred candidate (for example Hillary Clinton says she helped usher Iran to the negotiating table | PolitiFact) or yet-another matter of criticism for her opponent (for example Donald Trump Either Lied to the Republicans or Broke the Law (Exclusive)) of which I was either previously unaware or previously didn't know where to find a legitimate link to prove the contention.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:28 AM

70 posts, read 38,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I do think that most of the country doesn't have that opinion of Trump.
Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact
This website actually dictating what is true and what isn't is what is wrong with our country. They are telling us not to get both sides of the story ourselves. The media and the truth has to be found by ourselves and we have become too lazy so we believe mostly lies by the corrupt media.

I take the truth very seriously. There are many many false statements to sway the vote.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:34 AM

70 posts, read 38,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I agree!

I planned on voting for Hillary and haven't changed my mind. I knew that Trump was a self serving lunatic way before he had a TV show and nothing he has done has changed my mind.
name calling tells me the propaganda that is spewed by corrupt networks is sinking in the minds of people who cannot think for themselves.

I have read them all . Propaganda with no facts, just opinions.

Now we do know that Hillary has lied numerous times to the American people and the corruption goes to the top. President Obama lied about not knowing Hillary had a private server.

Corruption creates more corruption. Corruption creates lies.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatvibegirl View Post
The media and the truth has to be found by ourselves and we have become too lazy so we believe mostly lies by the corrupt media.
I find most people saying that, though, are people who deliberately ignore the facts and instead insist on believing the fantasy that supports their preferred narrative.

Old 10-28-2016, 04:17 PM

35,667 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
This website actually dictating what is true and what isn't is what is wrong with our country. They are telling us not to get both sides of the story ourselves. The media and the truth has to be found by ourselves and we have become too lazy so we believe mostly lies by the corrupt media.

I take the truth very seriously. There are many many false statements to sway the vote.
I look in various places. Why don't you do your own private research, before saying all media lies. Trump in Dubai Akoya Trump. All slave labor, but they wash their hands and say it is the contractors. They know nothing, but can see it with ones owns eyes . There is plenty of dirt everywhere , to think there is not is really putting your head in the sand. Trump is not even close to being what he said he is.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
name calling tells me the propaganda that is spewed by corrupt networks is sinking in the minds of people who cannot think for themselves.

I have read them all . Propaganda with no facts, just opinions.

Now we do know that Hillary has lied numerous times to the American people and the corruption goes to the top. President Obama lied about not knowing Hillary had a private server.

Corruption creates more corruption. Corruption creates lies.
I mean, just FYI, but we feel the same about Fox News, Breitbart, and Info Wars.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:55 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,189 times
Not for anything written on this board, but for how Trump handled the debates. Basically, a month ago I was ready to vote for him but I switched my vote to Gary Johnson because Trump has no discipline and he goes way too deep in the weeds on controversies instead of substantive conversation about issues. I finally just had enough of it. It was none of the other things he ever said in the past although some of them did rattle me a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections