Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 02:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,493,575 times

Advertisements

Nothing interesting. Voted early on Tuesday. Line out of the door and had to wait about 20 or so minutes around 2 pm. As we left the line was longer as people got off of work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 03:40 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,001,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinkChink View Post
Who are the SOMONGANs voting for?
I live in rural northwestern Minnesota....so no idea

Old 10-28-2016, 03:50 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,872 times
Voted yesterday....McMullin for Prez...Crapo for Senate..even though his on-again, off-again and then back on again support for Trump made him look like an idiot.

Not a big mystery here who wins, in this reddest of states--4 electoral votes to Trump---hopes he treasures them..as it appears that electoral votes may be hard for him to come by.

Old 10-28-2016, 10:41 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,169,405 times
Today I wondered, with this new FBI news, if anyone who voted early is sorry now they can't change their vote. With only a week to go before the election, I was pretty sure not too much could change before then, but I guess not. After all this time, I'm pretty amazed that anyone would be undecided still, or waffling that they would change their mind. I would not have sent in my ballot earlier than this week, though, with all the craziness.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:05 PM

5,829 posts, read 4,168,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
I went to vote today, there is just 1 more day for early voting here. It was a circus!

The line was out the door. There were old antique cars driving around the parking lot with flags flying out the sides and signs. There was a woman sitting in a chair with signs and she was singing God Bless America. All the craziness was pro Trump.

Ok, I'm not saying Trump is good or bad, but my goodness he does attract all the unusual people, doesn't he? I had my sample ballot all filled out with all my research notes all over. On my way out past the line of people, I offered it to everyone - "anybody want this, I have all the answers". No takers.

Please share your voting stories.
Were you seriously surprised that no one took you up on your offer of dispensing the "answers" at a voting site?

And yes, Trump does draw some interesting folks.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:10 PM

6 posts, read 3,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Nothing interesting. Voted early on Tuesday. Line out of the door and had to wait about 20 or so minutes around 2 pm. As we left the line was longer as people got off of work.
Yup..me either
just few people over there!
actually just need to wait 10minutes only.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:23 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,897,515 times
Nope, I just vote on Election Day. But, I live in a rural area and it's always pretty quick, and right on the way home from work, 10-15 minutes top.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:47 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Answers View Post
Today I wondered, with this new FBI news, if anyone who voted early is sorry now they can't change their vote. With only a week to go before the election, I was pretty sure not too much could change before then, but I guess not. After all this time, I'm pretty amazed that anyone would be undecided still, or waffling that they would change their mind. I would not have sent in my ballot earlier than this week, though, with all the craziness.
Pat ----

It probably won't change any votes/minds but it might quell the enthusiasm to actually go to the polls for some ---- especially if there is more damaging leaks coming out in the oncoming week.

Remember, Comey is no longer in charge of the investigation and does not posses the ability to control the flow of information being released.

I look for more damaging leaks from agency insiders going forward.

Old 10-29-2016, 01:50 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,548,321 times
I'm voting by mail this year; my ballot is being sent back tomorrow. Much easier than going to the polling place on Election Day!

Old 10-29-2016, 02:31 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,572,390 times
Voted today in Houston in and out in 15min record early voting numbers here. When voting numbers are up it means more democrats are voting. In off presidential election yrs democrats do not vote much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections