Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 08:03 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,206,170 times

Advertisements

I believe they both do. However, their ideas about making our country better are very different and don't necessarily agree with what I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 08:04 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,911 times
Depends obviously more then the useless Repugs that currently hold office and support(when they do or they don't, changed their minds with no leadership they are just useless) the most unqualified running candidate in history.

Last edited by Ruready4Bklyn; 10-28-2016 at 08:31 AM..

Old 10-28-2016, 08:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Ok, let's play your little game and answer your questions:

Hillary Clinton's history:

Been in public service for over 30 years. Has been an advocate for people's rights (especially women and children) all of whom have benefited greatly from her hard work. She has the ability to work with the other side, and has proven that many times. She has a very positive view of how good America is, and how to make it even better. A lot of very good legislation and laws now exist because she would not give up trying for the people.

Donald Trump's history:

He has bought and sold some buildings. Other than that, he has done nothing for America, including paying taxes that go toward public projects and services. In other words, he has found loopholes that allow him to suck money out of America, but not put any of it back. The rest of us pay our taxes so that we pay our share of keeping America running, he HAS NOT, EVER !

So, to answer your question............YES, I believe Hillary IS a patriot and loves America.

Don

Old 10-28-2016, 08:08 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Marrying an American. You a bigot? Americans should only marry Americans? and let those immigrants breed with only each other? Come on man, that is pretty silly.
Yeah, based on the above assessment, I think I am a biased "Shy Trump Voter." You got me, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Hiring domestically. It costs less to manufacturer goods outside the USA, it is business.
"It's business" is exactly what business owners say when moving their operations overseas, triggering mass layoffs, or hiring legal or illegal immigrants over Americans. Look, I agree with what you wrote there, "it is business," nothing personal. Manufacturing is never coming back because the cost of living has soared in this country to a ridiculous degree, and manufacturers are not going to be able to pay a minimally livable wage for doing menial work (for the most part) like assembly and QA.

Mick

Old 10-28-2016, 08:12 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
No.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:15 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Oh God.

You think Trump loves this country because he said so? I'm sure Hillary has said so thousands of times.

How about marrying or hiring someone domestic?

Let's stop pretending he cares about little working class people -- he never did in his first 70 years of life until last June.

Mick
To native New Yorkers, Trump's persona, self-serving elitist lifestyle and agendas have been obvious for decades. He's been a fixture much like Otis the town drunk of Mayberry or the obnoxious uncle that the family just takes for granted they will come across at family gatherings. It's unbelievable that the people that have only been exposed to him due to the MSM's wall to wall coverage of his bloviated rhetoric, red meat throwing rallies and a reality TV show, actually believe that his campaign has been anything more than a billion dollar publicity stunt that has not cost Trump a dime. Jaw-dropping to watch as people bought his brand of snake oil.

Hillary Clinton actually wants the job while Trump used his campaign as a free ad campaign for his brand. Of the two, Hillary is the patriot.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:32 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
To native New Yorkers, Trump's persona, self-serving elitist lifestyle and agendas have been obvious for decades. He's been a fixture much like Otis the town drunk of Mayberry or the obnoxious uncle that the family just takes for granted they will come across at family gatherings. It's unbelievable that the people that have only been exposed to him due to the MSM's wall to wall coverage of his bloviated rhetoric, red meat throwing rallies and a reality TV show, actually believe that his campaign has been anything more than a billion dollar publicity stunt that has not cost Trump a dime. Jaw-dropping to watch as people bought his brand of snake oil.

Hillary Clinton actually wants the job while Trump used his campaign as a free ad campaign for his brand. Of the two, Hillary is the patriot.

Yeah, even HOWARD STERN, who has had Trump on his show a lot, is voting for Hillary ! If Howard thinks you are bad...........................:smack :

Trump is nothing more than a showman and con artist, and very good at both. I have to give him credit, he has pulled the wool over the eyes of some very bright people, and I can see how that happened. He saw the timing was right, knew the right words, told them what they wanted to hear, and said words up on stage that they have been afraid to say themselves.

Trump was not the cause of this hysteria, he was the result of it.

Don

Old 10-28-2016, 08:49 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, even HOWARD STERN, who has had Trump on his show a lot, is voting for Hillary ! If Howard thinks you are bad...........................:smack :

Trump is nothing more than a showman and con artist, and very good at both. I have to give him credit, he has pulled the wool over the eyes of some very bright people, and I can see how that happened. He saw the timing was right, knew the right words, told them what they wanted to hear, and said words up on stage that they have been afraid to say themselves.

Trump was not the cause of this hysteria, he was the result of it.

Don
Quote:
Donald Trump is a fraud: Report confirms the billionaire’s presidential bid is a long and calculated con job
Everything Trump has done during the campaign is designed to dupe the media into funding his marketing strategy

According to the report, Trump was approached two years ago by GOP operatives who wanted him to run for governor of New York. To their surprise, he declined but added that they would be useful when he ran for president. “I’m going to walk away with it and win outright,” Trump told the group, “I’m going to get in and all the polls are going to go crazy. I’m going to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I know how to work the media in a way that that they will never take the lights off of me.”

The biggest takeaway from the report is that Trump is indeed a professional huckster. And whatever else he is, he’s not stupid. He doesn’t believe half the absurdities he utters on the campaign trail either. As the report makes clear, everything he’s done and said was designed to dupe the media into funding his marketing strategy.

Donald Trump is a fraud: Report confirms the billionaire’s presidential bid is a long and calculated con job - Salon.com
It's embarrassing that there are enough useful idiots in this country to actually form a base for this self-promoting con man. As for the MSM, they will cover whatever their sponsors are willing to pay for...integrity and quality be dammed!

Old 10-28-2016, 08:49 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Hilary loves Hilary.

Old 10-28-2016, 08:53 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I believe they both do. However, their ideas about making our country better are very different and don't necessarily agree with what I want.
Remember back in high school the nerd kid who had low self esteem and desperately wanted to be a somebody- somebody important...They ran for president of the high school class? I believe that this election is the greatest show of human insecurity ever witnessed. Both candidates feel they need to prove to the worl and their immediate peers that they are relevant and important human beings...I believe that in the hearts of Trump and Clinton - they both feel like losers in society....Why else would they be running and what personal point are they trying to prove?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections